Honorary Member

garzo

1 minute ago, mattman said:

Yeah true but some of the stuff is pretty simple, you must agree there’s so much money potential that isint getting maximised though?

People suggest things like coffee shops, office space, bars, using the stadium for concerts, changing the structure of the club shop. 

They're all nice & shiny ideas but they all come with capital requirement & risk that people don’t factor in. People are talking about the W7 merch, I’d be surprised if they sell enough to cover their displays never mind make an income that would be worth moving to the club shop 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Nothing in there that prevents it either and an honorary membership does not go against any of the regulations that govern BTB. Some of our fans are beyond help 🤣

Not a single person has said there was something in there to prevent it happening?

You have just fabricated a completely imaginary argument and then proceeded to argue against it. :lol:

2 minutes ago, mattman said:

To be fair mate, I try not get involved in the bickering but you can’t never accept when your wrong, or take anyone’s opinions on board that don’t suit you. 

Just my take on things, your hearts in the right place you just need to realise that your opinion may not always be right 🙃

If I’m wrong i’ll put my hands up & have done in the past, also don’t have issue with different opinions. 

What I do question is needless negativity like this thread (we get called St Moan for a reason) & opinions that either aren’t based on fact or actively call out people associated with our club as liars with zero evidence. 

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Not a single person has said there was something in there to prevent it happening?

You have just fabricated a completely imaginary argument and then proceeded to argue against it. :lol:

Your go to argument technique of spinning comments. 

The poster on this thread that quoted the documentation has said throughout this subject about SMISA ‘making it up as they go along’ and talking about rules as if they’re in place to stop this happening. They were clearly posting to try point out honorary membership allowance isn’t covered in the rules. 

Good effort looking at posts in silo though. I await your further ‘this isn’t what I meant’ comment. 

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

People suggest things like coffee shops, office space, bars, using the stadium for concerts, changing the structure of the club shop. 

They're all nice & shiny ideas but they all come with capital requirement & risk that people don’t factor in. People are talking about the W7 merch, I’d be surprised if they sell enough to cover their displays never mind make an income that would be worth moving to the club shop 

Lol, every bit of merchandise they’ve had has practically sold out!!! It’s a good earner, helps a lot, the boys wouldn’t put the time and effort into it otherwise!

You need to stop being so negative baz 😜

27 minutes ago, mattman said:

Lol, every bit of merchandise they’ve had has practically sold out!!! It’s a good earner, helps a lot, the boys wouldn’t put the time and effort into it otherwise!

You need to stop being so negative baz 😜

Ask them. How much do you think it earns them? 

7 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

If we use this thread as an example, you'll notice my answers/replies showed where I thought how SMISA used the rules for this appointment.

Where as, you came out with both barrels getting unloaded almost immediately at others in defence of SMISA.

PS I know very well how things can easily get me riled, when folk seem to be lying or attempting to smear others. But if you can give them facts with a reasonable explanation folk usually appreciate it and sometimes are able to put up a counter explanation that you or I never seen or noticed.

PPS if they don't, just rant at the bstards they deserve it. Yeah shull I mean you emoji14.png

I’ll be the first to admit the negativity frustrates me, it’s relentless at absolutely any breaking news from SMISA

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

He's not done anything close to what JG has but again, him being given an honorary membership has no real impact on anyone's life, BTB or SMISA. 

I feel people with this view need to remember that SMISA is very limited in what it can do without the say of their members. I don't see much in the way of a 'pals act' in proposals getting voted through with big voting member majorities. It's just democracy. 

interesting to read your assertion that the SMISA board are wasting time on activities that have no impact on anything

Previously you've been very positive about their activities, it's a bit of a shock to see that you have become so negative in your appraisal of their work

47 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

I agree with you regarding a membership that had, ie voting rights.

But with it being a Honorary position it's my belief that the rule/section I posted covers it.

It doesnt. But theres nothing to say you cant have any kind of 'symbolic' members, but they wont actually be voting members if they dont pay their subs.

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Ask them. How much do you think it earns them? 

I know, it’s a decent wedge. I’m well involved with the group. 

We wouldnt do it for a small profit put it that way those displays cost a fortune for all the materials etc.

also make money from fundraisers like the race night and the FIFA tournament. Smart boys who know how to make money. 

We wouldnt do it for a small profit put it that way those displays cost a fortune for all the materials etc.
also make money from fundraisers like the race night and the FIFA tournament. Smart boys who know how to make money. 
And who would walk over hot coals to help raise funds for the club if allowed... or invited, no doubt.

Some more thoughts... hopefully as a positive contribution. 

What might seem as ad hoc management & announcement of policy on a whim could be mitigated by prior announcement & explanation of intentions. 

Think most would be happy with more regular bulletins of this nature. 

For example informing members of intent & context of honorary membership as part of SMISA news & then 3 months later making an award would seem to me to be structured, informative & following a process. No room for second guessing that way & would become a regular & exciting aspect of being part of SMISA. 

Hopefully this comment received as positive suggestion. 

Good morning,

12 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

PS I know very well how things can easily get me riled, when folk seem to be lying or attempting to smear others. But if you can give them facts with a reasonable explanation folk usually appreciate it and sometimes are able to put up a counter explanation that you or I never seen or noticed.

I agree with this, wholeheartedly.

I have opinions, others have different opinions, we discuss. I may throw up thoughts/ideas others may not have thought of and others may throw up thoughts/ideas into the discussion that I have not thought of and it has me seeing things differently.

12 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I’ll be the first to admit the negativity frustrates me, it’s relentless at absolutely any breaking news from SMISA

Unfortunately Bazil, you appear to purposefully seek the negative in any post you don't agree with.

There's lots I don't agree with and there's lots I would have done differently to how SMISA/GLS/St Mirren have done them, it doesn't make me or Garzo (or anyone else) anti SMISA/GLS/St Mirren and it's not wrong for what anyone doesn't like or agree with to be discussed on these forums. That's part of the forum' purpose.

I have a tendency to contact SMISA directly & have met with them. As I said to SMISA at their AGM, I don't agree with everything they do but I won't shy away from discussing with them. Likewise, I found they listen, put forward their reasons/counter arguments & we both move on. If I become anti-SMISA, i'll cancel my BTB subscription but that won't be happening. Not if I am going to put myself forward for Chairman. (ETA :wacko::lol)

Have a good day chaps. The sun is shining in Essex & I have a round of golf to play. :D

Edited by Kombibuddie

12 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

interesting to read your assertion that the SMISA board are wasting time on activities that have no impact on anything

Previously you've been very positive about their activities, it's a bit of a shock to see that you have become so negative in your appraisal of their work

Word twisting, it has no impact in the arrangement or the people as it will carry on, it is however a very positive message and nice gesture to our new management team. 

10 hours ago, mattman said:

If it's a decent wedge why were they crowd funding last season? (something I was one of the very first to contributed to by the way)

It'll be pennies in comparison to a professional football club and sometimes it's good to have fan involvement. Taking that all in house as a means to make profit as opposed to the fan group investing it all back in for the supporters would feel more of a negative to me. 

26 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Good morning,

I agree with this, wholeheartedly.

I have opinions, others have different opinions, we discuss. I may throw up thoughts/ideas others may not have thought of and others may throw up thoughts/ideas into the discussion that I have not thought of and it has me seeing things differently.

Unfortunately Bazil, you appear to purposefully seek the negative in any post you don't agree with.

There's lots I don't agree with and there's lots I would have done differently to how SMISA/GLS/St Mirren have done them, it doesn't make me or Garzo (or anyone else) anti SMISA/GLS/St Mirren and it's not wrong for what anyone doesn't like or agree with to be discussed on these forums. That's part of the forum' purpose.

I have a tendency to contact SMISA directly & have met with them. As I said to SMISA at their AGM, I don't agree with everything they do but I won't shy away from discussing with them. Likewise, I found they listen, put forward their reasons/counter arguments & we both move on. If I become anti-SMISA, i'll cancel my BTB subscription but that won't be happening. Not if I am going to put myself forward for Chairman. (ETA :wacko::lol)

Have a good day chaps. The sun is shining in Essex & I have a round of golf to play. :D

Correct

Again let's just take a second to remember this post negativity is aimed at HONORARY memberships... 

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

If it's a decent wedge why were they crowd funding last season? (something I was one of the very first to contributed to by the way)

It'll be pennies in comparison to a professional football club and sometimes it's good to have fan involvement. Taking that all in house as a means to make profit as opposed to the fan group investing it all back in for the supporters would feel more of a negative to me. 

As these displays cost a fortune, like hundreds almost thousands ! And a lot of effort too! 

Think your just going in circles here baz, of course it’s a profit but the profit goes back into displays! 

Your starting to annoy me now so think I’m going to leave it at that!

10 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

My belief is based on I and others questioning something similar a few years ago, and received legal clarification regarding a similar rule to 105 in the SMISA constitution. Now I know a solicitor/lawyer isn't a judge but I'd tend to believe them than what I previously thought as well. emoji106.png

To bring in a new level of "membership" if that is what smisa allude to, that would need to be ratified at the Agm. To have what this looks like a "symbolic award" the committee could pass on a majority vote. So i think we are in a way agreeing wtf?

the problem that smisa have with this though is how do you now define who, and why an individual can become an Honorary Member? Is it just a nice thing for the committee to do? If so, like many other decisions they take, but dont refer in anyway to the membership... whats the point in being a member when 6 people can do what they want?

That aside this stunt does look a bit piss poor, and smells like Gordon is trying anything to create deflection away from, at this point in time, a poor start to the season. Ffs what has Lee Sharp done to gain Honorary Membership? Lose to Dafc? fail to beat Albion Rover or the mighty EKFC? Notch up a resounding 1-0 win against Edinburgh City?

if thats the criteria for it Stubbs would be up for Lifetime Achievement Honorary Member ffs.

10 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:
10 hours ago, mattman said:

And who would walk over hot coals to help raise funds for the club if allowed... or invited, no doubt.

Big Kpwenka was never Hot!

10 hours ago, garzo said:

Some more thoughts... hopefully as a positive contribution. 

What might seem as ad hoc management & announcement of policy on a whim could be mitigated by prior announcement & explanation of intentions. 

Think most would be happy with more regular bulletins of this nature. 

For example informing members of intent & context of honorary membership as part of SMISA news & then 3 months later making an award would seem to me to be structured, informative & following a process. No room for second guessing that way & would become a regular & exciting aspect of being part of SMISA. 

Hopefully this comment received as positive suggestion. 

This would totally take away from the announcement & positive message. ‘We’re going to give the management team an honorary membership but we’re going to detail in great depth what that means before allowing three months of reflection’ 

complete overkill and not necessary I would say. 

You said most would be happy, I’m 100% confident most are happy/ don’t really care with the way it’s been done. 

3 minutes ago, mattman said:

As these displays cost a fortune, like hundreds almost thousands ! And a lot of effort too! 

Think your just going in circles here baz, of course it’s a profit but the profit goes back into displays! 

Your starting to annoy me now so think I’m going to leave it at that!

I’m not understanding what you’re meaning here? Are you saying the club should take this on and try to work a profit out of it instead of the way it happens now? 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

I’m not understanding what you’re meaning here? Are you saying the club should take this on and try to work a profit out of it instead of the way it happens now? 

Just give up mate, you’re clearly missing the point. 

Never once said that, all I’ve said is the boys seem to sell merch quite easily and make decent money for displays. The club shop is rented out making them (imo) miss out on more potential earnings due to not being bothered with it. It’s proven that stuff will sell if it’s attractive to the buyer, quite a fair bit in that shop is tacky hence how they struggle to sell!