Honorary Member

garzo

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

This would totally take away from the announcement & positive message. ‘We’re going to give the management team an honorary membership but we’re going to detail in great depth what that means before allowing three months of reflection’ 

complete overkill and not necessary I would say. 

You said most would be happy, I’m 100% confident most are happy/ don’t really care with the way it’s been done. 

Either you want smisa to operate transparently, in a democratic and considered manner. Or you dont?

members want to know what the criteria is for an award they never knew feckin existed until half a dozen people decided it did!

its pure Bowling Club committee f**king around.

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

To bring in a new level of "membership" if that is what smisa allude to, that would need to be ratified at the Agm. To have what this looks like a "symbolic award" the committee could pass on a majority vote. So i think we are in a way agreeing wtf?

the problem that smisa have with this though is how do you now define who, and why an individual can become an Honorary Member? Is it just a nice thing for the committee to do? If so, like many other decisions they take, but dont refer in anyway to the membership... whats the point in being a member when 6 people can do what they want?

That aside this stunt does look a bit piss poor, and smells like Gordon is trying anything to create deflection away from, at this point in time, a poor start to the season. Ffs what has Lee Sharp done to gain Honorary Membership? Lose to Dafc? fail to beat Albion Rover or the mighty EKFC? Notch up a resounding 1-0 win against Edinburgh City?

if thats the criteria for it Stubbs would be up for Lifetime Achievement Honorary Member ffs.

Could probably just summarise everything a small group of people have against SMISA in the above post. In the eyes of LPM & a few others, SMISA can do no right for doing wrong. IMO it's a coping mechanism since they have absolutely no control in stopping BTB, can't deny the success linked to the arrangement and they know one day they'll have to accept it's over and they will go down as a massive part in SMFC history to get us fan owned. 

Started relatively positively as well highlighting that a 'symbolic award' which is ultimately what an honorary membership would be could be made by the committee. It went down hill very fast, calling into question the validity of a committee making decisions even though it's a structure that exists for the majority of organisations on this planet (committee or BoD). Completely unable (unwilling) to see the difference in decision making between a committee and decisions requiring the voting membership. 

He then tails off into the normal negativity that's a staple of all his points. GLS somehow being involved in what he sees as negativity with absolutely zero basis for his involvement & a needless attack on our new assistant manager. 

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Either you want smisa to operate transparently, in a democratic and considered manner. Or you dont?

members want to know what the criteria is for an award they never knew feckin existed until half a dozen people decided it did!

its pure Bowling Club committee f**king around.

Yep I want them to act transparently, is that right down to the level of clarifying what an honorary membership involved months in advance of the announcement? No don’t be so ridiculous 

14 minutes ago, mattman said:

Just give up mate, you’re clearly missing the point. 

Never once said that, all I’ve said is the boys seem to sell merch quite easily and make decent money for displays. The club shop is rented out making them (imo) miss out on more potential earnings due to not being bothered with it. It’s proven that stuff will sell if it’s attractive to the buyer, quite a fair bit in that shop is tacky hence how they struggle to sell!

Seems exactly what you’re saying tbh. Bring the W1 merch in-house to make a profit off it instead of the current format where it’s used to fund the group. 

Again as I said last night, there are lots of ideas flying about, people need to realise they have a risk and reward factor. If it was so easy to make more money, we would do it. People realise GLS business history right? 

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Seems exactly what you’re saying tbh. Bring the W1 merch in-house to make a profit off it instead of the current format where it’s used to fund the group. 

Again as I said last night, there are lots of ideas flying about, people need to realise they have a risk and reward factor. If it was so easy to make more money, we would do it. People realise GLS business history right? 

Nope that’s not what I’m saying at all Baz.

That would make zero sense!

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I wonder what award Smisa could cook up for their most own-goal scoring, foot & mouthpiece... Bazil..?

Honorary CockWomble..?

Freedom of the f**ked yourself up the arse.... again! award..?

From the guy that’s been caught lying & fabricating literally 100s of times. 

BTB is happening, you can’t stop it, accept it. :clapping

40 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

This would totally take away from the announcement & positive message. ‘We’re going to give the management team an honorary membership but we’re going to detail in great depth what that means before allowing three months of reflection’ 

complete overkill and not necessary I would say. 

You said most would be happy, I’m 100% confident most are happy/ don’t really care with the way it’s been done. 

Baz - You know that would just be daft and I'm sure you know that's not what I meant.
If I may explain further?

The announcement could have initially went along these lines...

At the last SMISA board meeting, the board of trustees discussed the potential of awarding honorary memberships of SMISA on a 6 monthly basis or from time to time under special circumstances.
Criteria to be considered for this award is for those individuals or groups who have played a significant role in St Mirren Football Club and associated activities or who have made a marked contribution to the local community.
The Honorary membership will be lifetime, be as an ambassador and have no voting rights.
Suggestions from the members are welcome at all times.
Awards will be at the discretion of the board of trustees.

3 months later... first award goes to ________________________ enter name or names here,

That's how it could work - dead easy, informative, inclusive - YES?

6 minutes ago, garzo said:

Baz - You know that would just be daft and I'm sure you know that's not what I meant.
If I may explain further?

The announcement could have initially went along these lines...

At the last SMISA board meeting, the board of trustees discussed the potential of awarding honorary memberships of SMISA on a 6 monthly basis or from time to time under special circumstances.
Criteria to be considered for this award is for those individuals or groups who have played a significant role in St Mirren Football Club and associated activities or who have made a marked contribution to the local community.
The Honorary membership will be lifetime, be as an ambassador and have no voting rights.
Suggestions from the members are welcome at all times.
Awards will be at the discretion of the board of trustees.

3 months later... first award goes to ________________________ enter name or names here,

That's how it could work - dead easy, informative, inclusive - YES?

I am completely sure that a small number would still have moaned if they did it as above. I would have had no issue with the above if that's the way they did it but:

"The Q&A event will take place on Thursday 15 August in the hospitality suite at the Simple Digital Arena and will also see Jim and Lee welcomed into SMISA as honorary members as we continue on the road towards majority fan ownership."

There is no real issue with this outside some fans fabricating negatives. This way it's done in time for the Q&A, allows fans to ask questions on it if they like, and doesn't go into pedantic details.

We don't need to set a timescale for new honorary members, we don't need to state they won't be voting members (common sense tells us this) and we don't need to detail a criteria, this decision in isolation is being made to two guys because they're our management team so why would we set a criteria now? 

Just now, mattman said:

It’s called ideas Baz, always good to have, some work some don’t.

I know, absolutely fine to have, many have been talked about in interviews with GLS in the past. I know for fact they've looked/ looking into using the stadium for concerts, a coffee shop and office space. Doesn't mean they'll all happen. Again my point is fans that don't understand why we aren't doing all different things right now. 

That everyone flinging around ideas saying 'we should do this, do that, why aren't the club doing this?' aren't seeing the big picture. 
Or maybe they are and you just refuse to see it?

I was part of a group who took a money making idea to the club.

Discussions went well until the club representative realised it would involve a small investment up front.

Our proposal clearly showed it as a no risk venture which would have made a considerable sum.

They declined simply as it would have involved money up front.

A third party stepped in, funded it, and rightly reaped all the rewards... all the profit.

Irony being, it was still an official club project... from which the club made nothing!

Of course, I'm sure you know differently!

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

Or maybe they are and you just refuse to see it?

I was part of a group who took a money making idea to the club.

Discussions went well until the club representative realised it would involve a small investment up front.

Our proposal clearly showed it as a no risk venture which would have made a considerable sum.

They declined simply as it would have involved money up front.

A third party stepped in, funded it, and rightly reaped all the rewards... all the profit.

Irony being, it was still an official club project... from which the club made nothing!

Of course, I'm sure you know differently!

If you have any other ‘no risk venture’ that guarantees a ‘considerable’ return for a ‘small’ initial fee sign me up... 

was it something to do with a long list Nigerian uncle? 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

If it's a decent wedge why were they crowd funding last season? (something I was one of the very first to contributed to by the way)

It'll be pennies in comparison to a professional football club and sometimes it's good to have fan involvement. Taking that all in house as a means to make profit as opposed to the fan group investing it all back in for the supporters would feel more of a negative to me. 

You are very down on this one 

18 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I am completely sure that a small number would still have moaned if they did it as above. I would have had no issue with the above if that's the way they did it but:

"The Q&A event will take place on Thursday 15 August in the hospitality suite at the Simple Digital Arena and will also see Jim and Lee welcomed into SMISA as honorary members as we continue on the road towards majority fan ownership."

There is no real issue with this outside some fans fabricating negatives. This way it's done in time for the Q&A, allows fans to ask questions on it if they like, and doesn't go into pedantic details.

We don't need to set a timescale for new honorary members, we don't need to state they won't be voting members (common sense tells us this) and we don't need to detail a criteria, this decision in isolation is being made to two guys because they're our management team so why would we set a criteria now? 

You were doing so well there...

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Correct

Again let's just take a second to remember this post negativity is aimed at HONORARY memberships... 

Incorrect. again.

There was no negativity until you took it that way. Once again, you have contributed nothing meaningful or worthwhile to this discussion.

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

My positivity vs your negativity probably simplistic way to break it down. 

🤣🤣🤣

Where am I being negative? Only tying to explain and put across my own opinion and point of view.
My suggestions and observations are all positive, in the spirit of seeking clarity, improvement and understanding for all members.

You sir, however, stifle debate and in turn opportunity for change - that's not positive in any sense or worthwhile in a discussion forum where open debate is the core principle of this place existing. You are a roadblock, you are unhelpful, you are a barrier...

Ends!

If you have any other ‘no risk venture’ that guarantees a ‘considerable’ return for a ‘small’ initial fee sign me up... 
was it something to do with a long list Nigerian uncle? 
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Seriously?
That's your defence?

The club official we dealt with fully acknowledged our figures and the projected profit...

The ONLY stumbling block was putting something up front to get it up and running.

A businessman with foresight actually contacted us and asked to invest in it...

The outcome proved him right!

Saints were too small minded and insular.

2 minutes ago, garzo said:

🤣🤣🤣

Where am I being negative? Only tying to explain and put across my own opinion and point of view.
My suggestions and observations are all positive, in the spirit of seeking clarity, improvement and understanding for all members.

You sir, however, stifle debate and in turn opportunity for change - that's not positive in any sense or worthwhile in a discussion forum where open debate is the core principle of this place existing. You are a roadblock, you are unhelpful, you are a barrier...

Ends!

You’re seeking immediate clarity on honorary memberships that were only announced in the last week. :lol:

have a wee think about the actual ask here.