Well Done Partick Thistle

shull

Quite right and about fecking time. 

Players get paid plenty and surely can make their own travel arrangements. 

Why don't the players hire a mini bus between them ?

The way ahead for the overpaid useless bassas.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4569997/partick-thistle-team-bus-away-games/

50 minutes ago, guinness said:

Remember many years ago Alan Munro going to stirling for a game against east stirling. Hope their players know their way about a bit better.

They probably don't know their way to any Stadium other than Firhill. 

Even then... 

2 hours ago, shull said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4569997/partick-thistle-team-bus-away-games/

Ayr well done indeed , just lost themselves £6millions    :lol:    Hopefully wee Tony is already chapping his door shouting top 4, top 4  :lol:

2 hours ago, shull said:

Patrick Thistle players would probably be lucky to be on £40k a year. For a very short career it isn’t a lot of money.  

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Patrick Thistle players would probably be lucky to be on £40k a year. For a very short career it isn’t a lot of money.  

Then they do what most people do, adapt. Very few people spend their whole working life in the same job (I did mind you) but I wish I was earning 40K a year at the age of the average player. 

26 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Then they do what most people do, adapt. Very few people spend their whole working life in the same job (I did mind you) but I wish I was earning 40K a year at the age of the average player. 

Most people might not spend their whole working life in the same job but there’s usually some kind of of correlation between roles, promotions & company moves. It’s the exception to the norm for people to move into completely different fields & even then it’s usually researched/ education based. 

To say they should just adapt I think is very idealistic & makes light of the huge change some of these young men face coming out of something they’ve often only known. 

:D

Sometimes I wish I didn't have shull on ignore. Not often, but this is one of those times.

Point and laugh funny when the daftie starts another of his ridiculous, angry-man threads when it bounces back and bites him on his knackers in zip time. Thank you Colin Weir.

By and large though, the ignore option is a blessing. 

Most people might not spend their whole working life in the same job but there’s usually some kind of of correlation between roles, promotions & company moves. It’s the exception to the norm for people to move into completely different fields & even then it’s usually researched/ education based. 
To say they should just adapt I think is very idealistic & makes light of the huge change some of these young men face coming out of something they’ve often only known. 
Well since few makes enought to retire at 35, I guess the majority of thousands of other players through the year have managed to find something. Our manager is an example in what he did after leaving the game.

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Short career ?

They can work till they're 65 like most of us.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

:D

Sometimes I wish I didn't have shull on ignore. Not often, but this is one of those times.

Point and laugh funny when the daftie starts another of his ridiculous, angry-man threads when it bounces back and bites him on his knackers in zip time. Thank you Colin Weir.

By and large though, the ignore option is a blessing. 

Your content stopped being relevant when the Saints Online Guestbook vanished.

Do you tutor Zzzzzzzzweeper07 now ?

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Hundreds of thousands of punters on less wages than Thistle players seem to manage to get to all the Football Stadiums round the country off their own back.

THEN THEY PAY IN TO WATCH THE POOR FECKING SHITEY FOOTBALL PLAYERS.

11 hours ago, Tommy said:
13 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Well since few makes enought to retire at 35, I guess the majority of thousands of other players through the year have managed to find something. Our manager is an example in what he did after leaving the game.

And many fall into poverty, addiction & depression after leaving football. Some of these young men have a very hard time.

My point however is on Shull’s claim about their income. It isn’t so much as they should be expected to pay for travel. I bet many on here make more than Thistle (or St Mirren for that matter) players. The company I work for has offices all over the UK, I’m not expected to pay for travel working in those offices & I doubt many privately employed (if any) that have to do the same are. 

9 hours ago, shull said:

Short career ?

They can work till they're 65 like most of us.

Short career as a footballer. They certainly can, I’m not denying that. I’m saying their income isn’t as much as you make out compared to some other professionals. 

9 hours ago, shull said:

Hundreds of thousands of punters on less wages than Thistle players seem to manage to get to all the Football Stadiums round the country off their own back.

THEN THEY PAY IN TO WATCH THE POOR FECKING SHITEY FOOTBALL PLAYERS.

They’re not traveling to their place of employment. Should the club doctor, physio, sports scientist, etc have to pay their way down as well? 

I’m in my companies London office next week for a meeting that’s there because the majority of our staff are based there. Should I have to pay £100s in travel & a hotel just because that’s where the meeting is? 

Edited by bazil85

What a mess above. 

Scottish footballers are hardly like other real professionals. 

The fans can make the Stadiums easy enough. 

The wee Jessie players can easily chip in for petrol money or get public transport. 

48 minutes ago, shull said:

What a mess above. 

Scottish footballers are hardly like other real professionals. 

The fans can make the Stadiums easy enough. 

The wee Jessie players can easily chip in for petrol money or get public transport. 

45 minutes ago, shull said:

They urnae going to fecken London. 

It was Alloa last week. 

Hire a fecken mini bus. 

Spoiled useless cretins 

Eh? well I’ve been in Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Stirling over the last six months should I be paying for that? 

i think you think footballers get paid more than they do at that level. Average wage in UK is £35k, thistle players will only be maybe £5k-£10k above that. 

4 minutes ago, shull said:

Made my excellent points. 

No need to add any more.

Take them or leave them.

Not going to indulge in a 50 page tedious pointless slanging match. 

So your point is professional footballers by virtue of being professional footballers should pay to travel to places to perform their job? 

Regardless if their salary isn’t as high as other professions that you don’t think should have to pay.

Excellent point... more like discriminatory point I’d say. :blink: