Well Done Partick Thistle

shull

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Eh? well I’ve been in Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Stirling over the last six months should I be paying for that? 

i think you think footballers get paid more than they do at that level. Average wage in UK is £35k, thistle players will only be maybe £5k-£10k above that. 

Shame you came back    :lol:

15 hours ago, HSS said:

Is the bus not just for far away games?

STV reported it as for all away games.

Thistle, who will reinstate the team bus thereafter, say "a major proportion" of Caldwell's playing budget "was already committed when the new directors were appointed".

The quote above is from the BBC link below.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49255075

Edited by FTOF

21 hours ago, Tommy said:

Then they do what most people do, adapt. Very few people spend their whole working life in the same job (I did mind you) but I wish I was earning 40K a year at the age of the average player. 

No way I would take that sort of wage cut......:whistle

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:43 AM, shull said:

Made my excellent points. 

No need to add any more.

Take them or leave them.

Not going to indulge in a 50 page tedious pointless slanging match. 

Your points were far from excellent. In fact they were absolute nonsense.

IF you had said they should pay to get to their base then I might have left it but to expect an employee to travel to and from various work Sites, and that's a fairer comparison, is absolute stupidity. Most companies whose employees need to travel to various sites either have a communal mode of transport or offer a mileage payment to allow those employees to use their own transport. What you are suggesting is probably through envy and is ludicrous.

Thistle players at home on Saturday lunchtime. 

Playing at Alloa at  3.

No reason why players can't make their own arrangements to get there. 

Share cars. 

Hire a Mini Bus. 

Win the match and they might qualify for a bonus via petrol vouchers. 

Pampered pish Partick Players are lucky they get a full time Salary anyway. 

Boring Bazzzzzzzzzzzzzzy thinks they may get up to 45 grand. A tidy sum which should allow them to pay for their own own travel. 

If going very far away, by all means hire a Team Bus but make sure all on the bus chip in to pay the Bill and contribute to the hat for the Drive.. 

5 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

That's it, I've had enough of shull. Dummy is out the pram.............

So from now on I'm boycotting all private hire cars in protest until he pays in to GHR, relents on the design of the programmes and never mentions players wages for a period of time defined by myself that I feel is adequate to resume using private hire cars.

That's nothing. 

There is a poster on here, who, before buying any good or service will check to see if that ultimate owner of the good or service is a Conservative voter or not. 

If a Tory, said Forumster will not purchase that particular good or service. 

I hope Gordon Scott comes out and declares being a Conservative supporter. 

Dim as feck. 

Don't be like him Cockles. 

2 minutes ago, shull said:

That's nothing. 

There is a poster on here, who, before buying any good or service will check to see if that ultimate owner of the good or service is a Conservative voter or not. 

If a Tory, said Forumster will not purchase that particular good or service. 

I hope Gordon Scott comes out and declares being a Conservative supporter. 

Dim as feck. 

Don't be like him Cockles. 

And the Tory hating hyopcrite got 2 LIKES. 

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 

On 8/7/2019 at 10:43 AM, shull said:

Made my excellent points. 

No need to add any more.

Take them or leave them.

Not going to indulge in a 50 page tedious pointless slanging match. 

I wonder do you charge yourself the requisite fare when you drive yourself home after work?  😋

I cannae imagine any sane person up late on a Friday night, on a Football Forum and talking about moi. 

Fannies 

I was sound asleep but my ears were fecking burning. 

JOBBEE 

Ha ha ha 

1 minute ago, shull said:

I cannae imagine any sane person up late on a Friday night, on a Football Forum and talking about moi. 

Fannies 

I was sound asleep but my ears were fecking burning. 

JOBBEE 

Ha ha ha 

Busy driving my friend; some of us don't sit our fat ass in a taxi going from pub to pub or just round the corner or even a mile or two and still have time to post constant crap on here. some of us have to drive in enemy territory and in your case that would be Parkhead.  :whistle 

1 minute ago, jaybee said:

Busy driving my friend; some of us don't sit our fat ass in a taxi going from pub to pub or just round the corner or even a mile or two and still have time to post constant crap on here. some of us have to drive in enemy territory and in your case that would be Parkhead.  :whistle 

Drinking and driving 

You sound like treble the limit 

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2019 at 4:05 PM, shull said:

Quite right and about fecking time. 

Players get paid plenty and surely can make their own travel arrangements. 

Why don't the players hire a mini bus between them ?

The way ahead for the overpaid useless bassas.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4569997/partick-thistle-team-bus-away-games/

Is this initiative helping their league position? 

On 8/7/2019 at 12:27 AM, shull said:

Short career ?

They can work till they're 65 like most of us.

Just noticed this. The higher you go in your career you reach a point where somebody older than thinks that somebody younger than you should replace you. Then the "restructure" takes place and with luck they offer you healthy compensation and an early pension.  🤗

By the time your replacement gets to know how the job really works somebody older than them ............ you get the picture?

1 hour ago, rabuddies said:

Just noticed this. The higher you go in your career you reach a point where somebody older than thinks that somebody younger than you should replace you. Then the "restructure" takes place and with luck they offer you healthy compensation and an early pension.  🤗

By the time your replacement gets to know how the job really works somebody older than them ............ you get the picture?

Sounds like the way of the Sith and the Rule of Two.

The difference is they usually get the “younger” one to kill the “older one”, that is unless the “older one” kills the master then takes on his own “younger one”.