BBC Bigot Brothers Fixation

Is it any wonder we get pissed off  with the fixation of the Media and the Bigot Brothers. This is the St.Mirren page on the BBC site.

Same headline on five other Club's pages. Lazy B******s. Cant be arsed to talk to the clubs at transfer time. Any old Bigot shit will do.

I'm not pleased....seriously the Beeb can f**k off. Who cares about those two who would be reading the Saints page.??

image.png.0cd1ef1b7fb4861bd00862971056824f.png

Edited by thomsons dropped it
No idea.

I don’t bother with the BBC when it comes to Scottish football. Or Sky for that matter, who can’t tell apart the Dundee sides, show Motherwell with the Hearts badge, or spout shit about how Dundee v Kilmarnock was a match where both teams were vying for the playoffs.

There aren’t many decent sources out there for proper Scottish sides.

1 hour ago, Thorizaar said:

It's quite obviously a technical error.

It is not. It happens regularly. If you watch stv sports coverage on the news they will report basically banal crap about the of and totally ignore teams playing that night. Has happened for years. Highlight for me was many years ago Derek Johnstone starting the radio clyde lunchtime sports bulletin with the statement ' the news from Ibrox today is there is no news' followed by five minutes about how the daily press conference had been cancelled due to lack of news. No other team was mentioned. It has gone on for years.

5 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I don’t bother with the BBC when it comes to Scottish football. Or Sky for that matter, who can’t tell apart the Dundee sides, show Motherwell with the Hearts badge, or spout shit about how Dundee v Kilmarnock was a match where both teams were vying for the playoffs.

There aren’t many decent sources out there for proper Scottish sides.

Can't argue that bias doesnt exist at the BBC or in Scottish Papers. But - I would start by cutting out time and space given to the English Game in Scotland on TV and in papers.

Very damaging to our game in my opinion.

6 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Can't argue that bias doesnt exist at the BBC or in Scottish Papers. But - I would start by cutting out time and space given to the English Game in Scotland on TV and in papers.

Very damaging to our game in my opinion.

You are right, the English game doesn’t do us any favours. Other European countries of a similar size to ourselves have their own TV deals with the National station, and those deals pay better than the pittance we get. We are basically in direct competition with the EPL for TV money, and that’s a battle we aren’t ever going to win. Scottish people who pay out for Sky are basically funding the EPL instead of the SPL. While it’s the same for BT, at least they actually have people on there who know and love the Scottish game compared to the Sky panel who don’t know anything outside of the EPL.

Unfortunately your wish regarding TV won’t happen due to us sharing the same platforms as the English. Nor will any paper have the balls to be the first to make that step forward.

3 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

You are right, the English game doesn’t do us any favours. Other European countries of a similar size to ourselves have their own TV deals with the National station, and those deals pay better than the pittance we get. We are basically in direct competition with the EPL for TV money, and that’s a battle we aren’t ever going to win. Scottish people who pay out for Sky are basically funding the EPL instead of the SPL. While it’s the same for BT, at least they actually have people on there who know and love the Scottish game compared to the Sky panel who don’t know anything outside of the EPL.

Unfortunately your wish regarding TV won’t happen due to us sharing the same platforms as the English. Nor will any paper have the balls to be the first to make that step forward.

I live in hope. 

41 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Don't Sky put a considerable amount into the Scottish game when they show games? 

It's heavily weighed towards the OF as that is where the interest is.

You would be in cuckoo land to try to compare the interest of English football compared to Scottish football, hence the difference in investment.

Scotland has Alba and BBC Scotland, probably enough for the size and interest in Scottish football. 

As for the BT panel, well, if you like buffoons, yeah they are great. 

Edited by faraway saint

16 hours ago, smcc said:

Don't know where you found that page but this is what I get on the BBC Scotland website.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/st-mirren

If you look at their site regularly, as I used to :rolleyes:, you would see that they often put the same article across lots of team's pages. Looks like they might have cocked it up this time with this particular item, particularly given the subject matter. No excuses for more poor screening of their content.

Edited by thomsons dropped it

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Don't Sky put a considerable amount into the Scottish game when they show games? 

It's heavily weighed towards the OF as that is where the interest is.

You would be in cuckoo land to try to compare the interest of English football compared to Scottish football, hence the difference in investment.

Scotland has Alba and BBC Scotland, probably enough for the size and interest in Scottish football. 

As for the BT panel, well, if you like buffoons, yeah they are great. 

It might seem like Sky put in a “considerable amount” to our game, but it’s a pittance compared to the EPL. Of course that’s to be expected as English people obviously pay the most into Sky, but it says a lot that our TV deals don’t match those of similar sized countries.

BBC Scotland and Alba would be fine if we got numerous live games, but we don’t.

The BT panel is better than the Sky one IMO.