Welcome Kyle McAllister and Calum Waters

1 hour ago, Prague Buddie said:

CH and St would be nice, but I doubt we will be signing another winger. 

We have Durmus, Magennis and McAllister. No way we will bring in another. 

CH and St would be good, but I have a feeling that is our business done. 

Add to that (winger) Djorkaeff, Breadner and if needed, Flynn. We are okay in that dpt.

The worry is lots of good football but a lack of goals. Hopefully though the Obinka/Mullen/Cooke goal tally will be supplemented by the midfield, particularly Kyle, Andreu and Durmus.

Obika will get us goals watched him a few times last season with Oxford he gets himself into the right place at the right time

2 hours ago, Ethan said:

Totally agree. A 3 year deal is awesome for such a talented player. 

It's been boiling for a while and now it is signed and sealed... could be a most valuable signing as he scores great goals and can cross a lot better than much of the rest of our squad. Given that he can also tackle and work hard - he is a real asset.

My hope is that medically we can do wonders to prevent Kyle having an ongoing issue... If he stays fit, he will be away on a transfer fee before the 3 years is out...

Welcome KM - enjoy your time ahead as a fans favourite . . . :turtle

2 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

The quality of our matchday squad is night and day compared to this time last season. I think we'll be playing good-looking football too. Well done the board and JG!

The only way we can tell is by results so we need to wait and see before making sweeping statements. A few folk getting a bit carried away I would say.

2 hours ago, Prague Buddie said:

CH and St would be nice, but I doubt we will be signing another winger. 

We have Durmus, Magennis and McAllister. No way we will bring in another. 

CH and St would be good, but I have a feeling that is our business done. 

Not yet, in my opinion 

Striker

In fairness Watters is relatively untested at this level. Don't get me wrong. I think he will be a good acquisition but he has only played 7 games for Killie.
I meant unknown to our management. As apparently we're panic signing. Anyway, the humble pie shop is open.

10 minutes ago, FTOF said:
1 hour ago, stlucifer said:
In fairness Watters is relatively untested at this level. Don't get me wrong. I think he will be a good acquisition but he has only played 7 games for Killie.

I meant unknown to our management. As apparently we're panic signing. Anyway, the humble pie shop is open.

I've only seen one poster mention Panic signings. Very late in bringing players in is the gripe of some. Myself included.

There’s a squad of 21 first team players on the official forum plus we have 3 youngsters who have all played first team football this season.

That’s 24 players and folk still want us to sign more players?

We play with 1 striker and we have 3 on the books. Where would a new striker play?

We have just signed a new wide player in addition to the 2 who played on Saturday. We also have young Breadner and Djorkaeff. Where would another winger play?

If folk don’t think some of the first picks are good enough and need replaced then fine. Just come out and say it!

But it’s clear that Jim Goodwin thinks they are good enough!

And it’s clear that we now have more than enough players on the books!

Not that I wouldn’t welcome another quality signing if it happened mind..... [emoji1]

Really pleased with the business we’ve done & delighted to get these 2 on board.

Transfer business isn’t finished yet, so hopefully we let the boys get a few games under their belts before people start berating them

Also pleased to see decent length contracts finally being issued to players once again

Naturally it has its risks, but the benefits for stability can outweigh them

Really looking forward to the new season as it continues

We will take points in the next 2 home games I’m sure [emoji4]

49 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

It's been boiling for a while and now it is signed and sealed... could be a most valuable signing as he scores great goals and can cross a lot better than much of the rest of our squad. Given that he can also tackle and work hard - he is a real asset.

My hope is that medically we can do wonders to prevent Kyle having an ongoing issue... If he stays fit, he will be away on a transfer fee before the 3 years is out...

Welcome KM - enjoy your time ahead as a fans favourite . . . :turtle

Hardly in the door and your flogging him already. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, pod said:

Hardly in the door and your flogging him already. :rolleyes:

Not at all... I just think he is a very good player and if he keeps fit and continues to develop that he will be difficult to keep a hold off... big issue is fitness for him.

I think he is capable of scoring 6 - 14 goals a season and that always creates interest, hence why we went after him.. only 20 and a great attitude to go with his ability... :cheers

Two good additions. I’d have wanted another striker too, however, if Cooke only out three months now then we’re probably ok as we’ll only play one up top anyway.

Good work by everyone to add to the obvious quality of the four on show at Easter Road last week.

3 hours ago, belfast billy said:

Obika will get us goals watched him a few times last season with Oxford he gets himself into the right place at the right time

Saw that against Hibs. Shame he ballooned it over the bar though!