Welcome Kyle McAllister and Calum Waters

17 hours ago, munoz said:

I heard from a good source that we had offered Obika in a straight swap, but Killie knocked it back.

Given that Livi apparently knocked back £1,000,000 bid from Barnsley for Dykes - Obika scored as many last season so what's he worth?

Big man will top 15 for us this season...   IF he plays all the planned games . . . AND they are not curtailled

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

Given that Livi apparently knocked back £1,000,000 bid from Barnsley for Dykes - Obika scored as many last season so what's he worth?

Big man will top 15 for us this season...   IF he plays all the planned games . . . AND they are not curtailled

With Hladky now gone,  I'd say Obika is now our most important player.  Really hope he stays injury free throughout the forthcoming season. 

1 minute ago, munoz said:

With Hladky now gone,  I'd say Obika is now our most important player.  Really hope he stays injury free throughout the forthcoming season. 

Of course a team is more than one player but without JO's goals last season we would have been down - not least his winner against the greeting Hearts.

I do hope and expect a few more to chip in this year and another striker to hit more than 7 hopefully too.

I do hope the LB or other full back we will soon sign will permit us to be a good bit better defense wise this season too - (Given we signed Shaun & Tait. I do agree that Hladky was a big player for us - time will tell if Alnwick is a good replacement or not...

1 minute ago, insaintee said:

I thought Callum came into a game and finnished the season quite well. I would not be dissappoint to see him back ON A FREE TRANSFER  other than that no thanks. Does his killie contract not end soon anyway?

I've got it in my head that they gave him another year, but I don't know why I think that.

On 7/25/2020 at 1:40 PM, Sweeper07 said:

Of course a team is more than one player but without JO's goals last season we would have been down - not least his winner against the greeting Hearts.

I do hope and expect a few more to chip in this year and another striker to hit more than 7 hopefully too.

I do hope the LB or other full back we will soon sign will permit us to be a good bit better defense wise this season too - (Given we signed Shaun & Tait. I do agree that Hladky was a big player for us - time will tell if Alnwick is a good replacement or not...

Were we not quite strong defensively last season?  our goals conceaded were about middle of the pack it was goal for that let us down. 

On 7/25/2020 at 1:40 PM, Sweeper07 said:

Prior to his injury Alnwick was playing L1 down south (same level Obika came from :rolleyes:) - my observation is that players from that level generally do fine in our top flight - bottom 6 anyway.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Waters still has a year on his Killie contract. After a poor start he came on to a good game around Xmas when he was told to start supporting Ilkay and stop passing inside. Both players' contribution improved considerably after that.

I agree with your comments it would nice however to start the season for once with a good solid recognised left back I reckon Sean Kelly could fill that role I always thought he had good potential indeed I was sorry he was let go at the time.He obviously has now more experience after his spells with Wimbledon and Ross County.

Waters still has a year on his Killie contract. After a poor start he came on to a good game around Xmas when he was told to start supporting Ilkay and stop passing inside. Both players' contribution improved considerably after that.

On 7/26/2020 at 2:38 PM, insaintee said:

Were we not quite strong defensively last season?  our goals conceaded were about middle of the pack it was goal for that let us down. 

OK I concede your point here defensively we were joint 6th last season. BUT heres what I actually said :-

I do hope the LB or other full back we will soon sign will permit us to be a good bit better defense wise this season too -

Since we want to progress into a top 6 side then we need better goals for and against I strongly suspect.... surely both would be desirable?  Even half a dozen less goals conceded and half a dozen more would be great ! We were the lowest scorers last season so in theory there is far great scope for improving there though and that concurs with your conclusion above!

22 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Prior to his injury Alnwick was playing L1 down south (same level Obika came from :rolleyes:) - my observation is that players from that level generally do fine in our top flight - bottom 6 anyway.

Yes Alnwick came from the same level as Obika but all the players in the Premiership or L1 are not rated the same or prove to be as competent too but I take your point. I guess where people are uncomfortable is that Hladky was so good and he will be a hard act to follow.

I hope the new defense including Alnwick prove even more tight this season - even by just a few goals and that would do nicely...

One of the most positive things from the Q&A for me was Jim’s assessment of Kyle over the pre season.
If he moves on from his injury issues then he could make the most exciting contributions to this season.

We were told last season that he would always have the condition and it would have to be managed.

So much potential but will it ever be fully realised?

I'd love to think so but am not confident.

38 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

We were told last season that he would always have the condition and it would have to be managed.

So much potential but will it ever be fully realised?

I'd love to think so but am not confident.

I thought i read somewhere that someone at the club reckon they know what been causing the problem, and are hopeful it can be fixed.

Or am i thinking of someone else   :huh:

9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I thought i read somewhere that someone at the club reckon they know what been causing the problem, and are hopeful it can be fixed.

Or am i thinking of someone else   :huh:

I'm sure Kyle mentioned that the new physio had spotted some sort of alignment issue with his back, and that the subsequent exercise regime he'd been given had sorted out the issues.

JG said last night that Kyle lost a stone and had not missed a day of pre-season, so far.

I'm sure Kyle mentioned that the new physio had spotted some sort of alignment issue with his back, and that the subsequent exercise regime he'd been given had sorted out the issues.
JG said last night that Kyle lost a stone and had not missed a day of pre-season, so far.
Encouraging to hear.

Guest TPAFKATS
I agree with your comments it would nice however to start the season for once with a good solid recognised left back I reckon Sean Kelly could fill that role I always thought he had good potential indeed I was sorry he was let go at the time.He obviously has now more experience after his spells with Wimbledon and Ross County.
Good, solid, recognised
IMO, Sean is one of those three

See Waters defending ability as Killie conceded their 2nd goal.. thankfully we have Tait !  :magic

Also Tait has already contributed more to our goals for and attacking prowess in 1 game that Waters did in an entire season...

So far at LB we have made the biggest improvement on last season in all positions ...

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Also Tait has already contributed more to our goals for and attacking prowess in 1 game that Waters did in an entire season...

Also the teams top scorer this season so far. :whistle

Edited by pod