Policing Costs

4 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

the stadium layout might have something to do with it, i suspect the polis have a formula whereby they calculate a risk-rating and this will also include the previous history.  

Add in the chairman going to the national press for an incident that did not happen. 

8 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

the stadium layout might have something to do with it, i suspect the polis have a formula whereby they calculate a risk-rating and this will also include the previous history.  

Don't know why it should be so but I heard a whisper (not voices in my head) that we were ranked 5th in terms of risk. 

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

Thought you would have known they couldn't be situated there as folk have had season tickets there since we moved.

Are you saying these folk should just get moved?

Well T&Cs for fans can be changed - see the Family Stand :zipit so I disagree with couldn't.

My point remains that from where I sit I can't see W7, rarely hear them and that they don't contribute as much to the match experience as they would like to think.

@Kemp who made pretty much the same point - I hear ya! :spud5

Edited by Bud the Baker

6 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Well T&Cs for fans can be changed - see the Family Stand :zipit so I disagree with couldn't.

My point remains that from where I sit I can't see W7, rarely hear them and that they don't contribute as much to the match experience as they would like to think.

@Kemp who made pretty much the same point - I hear ya! :spud5

I hear the Panda Club is getting a drum this season. You should hear that loud and clear in W1, which should cheer you up.

I sat in W1 the last few Seasons. 

Never knew W7 were in the Stadium. 

I could hear quite loudly any number of fans in the Away Stand, even 25 Livy supporters. 

I always said the W7 brigade should be in the Family Stand where the younger fans could join them and increase their numbers. 

18 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I hear the Panda Club is getting a drum this season. You should hear that loud and clear in W1, which should cheer you up.

I presume that's sarcasm - why should it bother me, my point throughout this thread is that I rarely hear W7.

If W7 are having a good time then fair doo's (sic) but they have rarely affected my game experience.

I'll leave it there before we get into one of BAWAs famous feuds….

Let's go to Luckenbach, Texas
With Waylon and Willie and the boys
This successful life we're livin'
Got us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys
Between Hank Williams' pain songs and
Newberry's train songs and Blue Eyes Cryin' in the Rain
Out in Luckenbach, Texas ain't nobody feelin' no pain

Edited by Bud the Baker

35 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
1 hour ago, dr rotund said:
Away games are better for atmosphere usually. Which is understandable because everyone's together.

But unallocated seating is an unthinkable crime! It would never work at home... despite working every time away from home!

You are absolutely correct. It would not work at home.

21 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Nothing to do with police costs but I wouldn't be bothered if  W7 was disbanded, outside of fulfilling their own fantasies I don't see what they offer - they certainly don't improve my matchday experience. 

You probably don't improve their match day experience either.

Edited by LargsBud

Just now, guinness said:

The my seat brigade are the ones who pay the money upfront.

True Guinness, as things stand but problems do rock up though even now. As an example one friend wanted to join our group but we were unable to get him a seat beside us as a season ticket holder. First come, first served would sort that out, We would just have to be there early enough. 

9 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

Thought it couldn't get any worse and this cock joins in...

Not wrong though am I? 

5 hours ago, jpmslither said:

46p per fan over all home games. A lot more than that for the OF games obviously. So less than £26.54..

Still what it works out at over the season though because we still have police costs associated with them in one stand & every other home game anyway. It won’t be ‘a lot more’ for these matches. 

These statistics show that relatively speaking the policing costs don’t come close to outweighing the financial income of these fixtures. 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

True Guinness, as things stand but problems do rock up though even now. As an example one friend wanted to join our group but we were unable to get him a seat beside us as a season ticket holder. First come, first served would sort that out, We would just have to be there early enough. 

Think you would find a large percentage of season tickets holders would not bother with a season ticket if they had to turn uP early to get a decent seat.

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Not wrong though am I? 

Still what it works out at over the season though because we still have police costs associated with them in one stand & every other home game anyway. It won’t be ‘a lot more’ for these matches. 

These statistics show that relatively speaking the policing costs don’t come close to outweighing the financial income of these fixtures. 

I think a variety of items contribute to our costs being so high in comparison to others. We are rated 5th in fan risk of disorder by the police, I'm told, in OF Games we spilt the away support over two ends (doesn't mean this games aren't more profitable, just that costs are higher). Add to that our limited capacity and our average costs rise. 

3 minutes ago, guinness said:

Think you would find a large percentage of season tickets holders would not bother with a season ticket if they had to turn uP early to get a decent seat.

It is worth doing a bit of market research on imo. Main Stand seats could be allocated, West Stand free seating.

As BtB alludes to above the atmosphere in the West Stand away from W7 is usually poor. It is a shame because when everyone can sit where they want away from home the same people make a great noise. It would also mean season ticket holders could easily bring friends along and sit together.

Do West Stand season ticketers care more about their reserved seat or the atmosphere and helping the team? I don't know - would be worth asking them.