Policing Costs

5 minutes ago, Kemp said:

It is worth doing a bit of market research on imo. Main Stand seats could be allocated, West Stand free seating.

As BtB alludes to above the atmosphere in the West Stand away from W7 is usually poor. It is a shame because when everyone can sit where they want away from home the same people make a great noise. It would also mean season ticket holders could easily bring friends along and sit together.

Do West Stand season ticketers care more about their reserved seat or the atmosphere and helping the team? I don't know - would be worth asking them.

I sit in the west stand. We like our seats but can't easily add others to our number or bring friends to sit  with us.

11 minutes ago, guinness said:

Think you would find a large percentage of season tickets holders would not bother with a season ticket if they had to turn uP early to get a decent seat.

19 minutes ago, guinness said:

Think you would find a large percentage of season tickets holders would not bother with a season ticket if they had to turn uP early to get a decent seat.

Agree with this, there are reasons behind people choosing the keep the same seat year after year, whether it’s because of the company around them, or because they have one of the better views in the stadium. It would be a bit shit if you’ve been paying to sit in W4 for years, then one Saturday you are working until half 2, or held up for whatever reason and have to sit in the bottom row of W1, being caught by the pissing rain because you had no chance of getting there early.

4 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Agree with this, there are reasons behind people choosing the keep the same seat year after year, whether it’s because of the company around them, or because they have one of the better views in the stadium. It would be a bit shit if you’ve been paying to sit in W4 for years, then one Saturday you are working until half 2, or held up for whatever reason and have to sit in the bottom row of W1, being caught by the pissing rain because you had no chance of getting there early.

We have great seats in W4 but can't add other friends beside us on season or match tickets. How would you solve this? 

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

We have great seats in W4 but can't add other friends beside us on season or match tickets. How would you solve this? 

I am sure your friends are perfectly happy for a 90 minute break from you.

Just now, St.Ricky said:

The only solution IMO would be that you all relocate so you can sit together. I had a good seat in W4 before I moved down south - good view (well, as good as you can get for our low stadium), protected from the rain, all round one of the better seats in the house. If I was unable to get to games early, I’d be unhappy if I had a season ticket and kept having to sit in one of the poorer quality seats with a pish view and being hammered by the rain.

I have a season ticket in W2 and was in a comparable seat at Love Street for around 10 years before move. I'd be cheaper pay as you go as I miss games through the season but take the season ticket for the knowledge that I get a reasonable view when I'm there. If there is a move to make seats a free for all then there is no longer any benefit in a season ticket for me and would likely stop it, the club might get around the same money over the season but it wouldn't be a lump sum up front.

22 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

The only solution IMO would be that you all relocate so you can sit together. I had a good seat in W4 before I moved down south - good view (well, as good as you can get for our low stadium), protected from the rain, all round one of the better seats in the house. If I was unable to get to games early, I’d be unhappy if I had a season ticket and kept having to sit in one of the poorer quality seats with a pish view and being hammered by the rain.

But would you relocate the existing 4 season ticket holders or move 1 to let 5 sit together? 

The my seat brigade are the ones who pay the money upfront.
No... Season ticket holders do.. of which I'm one.

Tickets should be stand specific but not seat specific.

Lets us bring friends and sit beside them.

Lets the singers congregate.

As proven in away games, improves the atmosphere.

Want a particular seat, get there early. What's the problem?

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Want a particular seat, get there early. What's the problem?

The problem is there for people who cannot make it early, due to work or family commitments.

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

But would you relocate the existing 4 season ticket holders or move 1 to let 5 sit together? 

Move the four if they want to sit with their mate. Not fair to move the 1 who just happens to currently be next to you.

Then again our club are happy to move the whole Family Stand to accommodate sectarian bigots, so shifting one wouldn’t be a problem for them.

5 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

The problem is there for people who cannot make it early, due to work or family commitments.

Move the four if they want to sit with their mate. Not fair to move the 1 who just happens to currently be next to you.

Then again our club are happy to move the whole Family Stand to accommodate sectarian bigots, so shifting one wouldn’t be a problem for them.

Not as easy as it was as the season ticket numbers rack up and crowds increase. Good problem to have though. 

So for a very occasional possibly we stunt our potential for growth?

With current crowds, do you honestly see that as a regular problem?

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

I am sure your friends are perfectly happy for a 90 minute break from you.

I think they'll be praying for the status quo.

As for those who advocate a free for all. Most are doing so for selfish reasons as they won't have the better view.. Just as those who have good vantage points want to keep things as they are. It's one of the perks of paying up front How many times have the prices been reduced for PATG punters near the end of the season? ST holders don't get that back. Take away an advantage and people are bound to question the worth.

3 hours ago, guinness said:

Tbh I used to never sit in my season ticket seat, it was actually in w4 whilst I’m in w7 near the front, but towards the end of the past couple of seasons when people have turned up, I’ve been shunted by folk I’ve never seen in my life, so decided to change this year to where I actually sit. Unallocated seating works at away games because that’s it.. they are away games; people have their own spots at the home ground and like to keep that spot.

Tbh I used to never sit in my season ticket seat, it was actually in w4 whilst I’m in w7 near the front, but towards the end of the past couple of seasons when people have turned up, I’ve been shunted by folk I’ve never seen in my life, so decided to change this year to where I actually sit. Unallocated seating works at away games because that’s it.. they are away games; people have their own spots at the home ground and like to keep that spot.
Sadly, I'm forced to agree.

I don't see people being open to change despite the obvious advantages.

The "my seat" brigade are short sighted imho, but so entrenched in their way that change for the better won't happen.

I still think the solution to the W7 issue is to use the corner between the family and west stands (when viable to do so) to give the singing section a defined area that ties the two stands together and we can go back to giving the segregated area of the west stand to the overflow away fans, good way off yet but still something to think about.

I still think the solution to the W7 issue is to use the corner between the family and west stands (when viable to do so) to give the singing section a defined area that ties the two stands together and we can go back to giving the segregated area of the west stand to the overflow away fans, good way off yet but still something to think about.
The left section of the family stand would be a great option for the W7 singers meantime.

The energy generated would spread to the West stand and also the rest of the Family Stand.

Not sure if it's been answered already, but aren't you against unalloctated seating re the family stand. [emoji6]
Not at all.

I'm against the family stand being given up en bloc to opposition fans...

But despite being a season ticket holder for years, I'd 100% support unallocated seating even if it meant that sometimes I might not get the seat I'm used to sitting on.

7 hours ago, mattman said:

Nice response 🤣

nice fishing expedition today sir 🎣 

although you where proved wrong on many occasions 🙈 better luck next time 👍😂

All I've said is I never see you, rarely hear you & that you don't improve my match experience - where has & more importantly how can that been proved wrong?

Erm,, better luck next time...👍😂

Edited by Bud the Baker