The Jim Goodwin and Lee Sharp Appreciation Thread

26 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
59 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
Goody thought Obika was outstanding leading the line. You clearly know better in every aspect t when it comes to football management !!!

Leading the line? What happened to sticking it in the onion bag? That's what we need to survive. Four teams now joint bottom.

And when the games in hand are played out, we could be a point off top 6. We’re starting to bang in more goals than we were early on, six goals in five games including an away trip to the champions. Obika had a good game yesterday, that’s why he was given the Saints MOTM.

Your overwhelming necessity to be negative is very clear today. 

22 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

We could be but do you think we will be?

There's always room to be positive with a dash or reality.

Our next 2 games are against Hibs and Aberdeen, how many points do you think we'll get from these games?

I'll go first, zero. 

Need to beat Hibs and the other results are outside our control. Given Hibs season and our home form, I don't see it being unreasonable to think we have a chance. We've also already beat Aberdeen and today game showed they're far from invincible. 

My point was more that particular poster has room for little to no positivity regarding the club he "supports" Seems you're of a similar vein with such a prediction. 

44 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Really? 

I get 6 goals scored in 6 games, oh, we conceded 11.

This is typical of you trying to "positive" and fighting the bad "negative" people.

Tell you what, let's make a points prediction for the next 9 games and loser leaves the forum? 

In the last five games, two at home, three away (to three top six clubs from last season) we have scored six goals. Not bad going IMO. 

My view is there is always the usual suspects where everything is doom and gloom. If there was a finer balance I wouldn’t comment on it but you can set your watch by that particular individual finding something to be negative about, even after a massive result for us. 

Tell you what, let’s not. Point predictions are different from having hope & positivity that we can get results in tough games. Something you clearly don’t understand. 

58 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

I'm a realist not a blind fool.

You, as usual, have danced around my question, how many points do you think we'll get from the next 2 games?

Do you actually watch football, other teams? 

I would personally be delighted with three points & think it’s very doable. I ‘think’ we are capable of winning both but realistically don’t ‘think’ We will. I’m not in the habit of making blind predictions though because we are obviously the underdog & very certainly could come away with nothing.

Your ‘blind fool’ comment clearly shows you’re incapable of understanding the differences on the above.

Nice of you to offer to put this long standing account, that’s obviously the only one you have up as a bet though 😂

1 hour ago, Long John Baldy said:

Your now saying the last 5 games, but we played Celtic, the champions, 6 games ago? (your original quote was "six goals in five games including an away trip to the champions", what exactly are you trying to say? 

St Johnstone, Killie, Celtic, Hearts & Ross County from what I can tell have been our last five games. Am I missing one in there? If so I will stand corrected (unlike others I have no issue with someone pointing out where I’ve gotten something wrong, are you the same?)

Yet again, are you blind to the fact we conceded 11 goals in the last 6 games? 

Im not blind to Our recent form at all. I’m not saying it’s all sunshine & rainbows, I know we’ve still lost three in four games, including a gubbing against Hearts. I’m taking positives in our improved goalscoring & home record. I also take positives in our year on year results. 

You clearly don't have the clarity to see the whole picture, blind fool is quite common amongst narrow minded supporters.

you clearly don’t have the capacity to separate out positivity and still understand our shortcomings this season. I haven’t once said or hinted that I am completely happy with the season to date, I feel we should be doing a bit better. Good effort but wrong. 

As for your continual attempts to bring somebody else into this, shows you're playing to the crowd.

That doesn’t make any sense, it was relevant to my earlier comments. 

Excellent "whataboutery", so many words, committing to not a lot.

You’re the one that tried to push me into a prediction for future games, I was explaining my take on your point. 

Running scared from my realistic view against your "I'm Mr positive" about everything twaddle which would show I'm not "negative" (Christ you love a small tedious selection of words) but I can see the likelihood of where our team will be after the next 9 games.

Your view is pretty realistic given we are playing two better teams on paper, no denying that & certainly no running scared of it. You yet again display a lack of understanding around positivity & optimism. Realism doesn’t mean you have to lose optimism. 

You playing the "I'm great, your all bad" game shows your limitations.

Is that supposed to be a quote, where did I say that? 

I've no intention of getting lost in your never ending ability to repeat your unswerving view which continually shows you are not capable of acknowledging other viewpoints.

I completely acknowledge your viewpoint & your right to have it, doesn’t mean I have to agree with it. And it doesn’t stop me pointing out the sheer miserable negativity in having no hope or optimism we can get results in our next two fixtures. 

Thanks for playing. 

No bother, it’s decent banter

Just now, Lord Pityme said:
5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:
There was less than 15 active threads on this part of the forum over the last seven days. It's just the way this form of engagement has gone.
It's very sad but it's not down to individual/ small groups of posters. 

Nah... its down to tits.

Certainly a major use for the internet... 

3 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

FFS, are you being deliberately dim?

The team you forgot that we played in the last 6 games.

Your carer deserves a wage rise. 

Off to work, have a nice night. 

😂😂 are you serious? Last six isn’t a set in stone form comparable. I accurately said how many goals we have scored in our last five games & you bring in the game before. Ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

You said one against the Champions, Celtic game was 6th game, oh dear, you are a walloper. 

No it wasn't. 

Ross County 23/11

Hearts 09/11

Celtic 30/10

Kilmarnock 26/10

St Johnstone 19/10

Feel free to stand corrected at any time you see fit. An apology for the walloper comment would also be welcomed. 

• 2 months later...

First national quarter final since 2013 👏

Highest league position at this stage in a season since 2014 👏

First double figure return from a striker in a top flight season since 2014 (and it’s only February) 👏

What a job Jim and Lee have done so far.  We’re very lucky to have them.  

On 2/18/2020 at 11:43 PM, TopCat said:

First double figure return from a striker in a top flight season since 2014 (and it’s only February) 👏

Correct Top Cat

Only an imbecile would disagree. 

Wrong mate

We reached the SC quarters in 2016-17 and the Challenge Cup final in 2017-18

4 hours ago, Danny said:

Wrong mate

We reached the SC quarters in 2016-17 and the Challenge Cup Final in 2017-18

But only an imbecile would agree with him! 🤣

11 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Correct Top Cat

Only an imbecile would disagree. 

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, TopCat said:

Highest league finish since 2014.

What a job Jim Goodwin and Lee Sharp have done.

New contract please emoji1316.png

Aye, but...

”can he take Saints to the NEXT LEVEL”?

:whistle

Edited by antrin

• 2 months later...

Six points and two clean sheets from our first three games. What a start! Two of those games against two of last seasons top five aswell.

What a job Jim has done. That’s us won three of our last four games one nil, you don’t do that at this level unless you’re a seriously well organised and well coached team.

Question for the stattos... when did we last have six or more points after three games of a top flight campaign?