The Jim Goodwin and Lee Sharp Appreciation Thread

It's a good run, I'm happy with it - in the top division I reckon the best since GM's team that had a run of 4 victories just before we left Love St. in Dec 2008 (1 draw & 4 wins) before that you'd have to go back to the early 80s.

Remember these names?

6/12/08 Falkirk Falkirk Stadium 2–1 4,828 Hamilton, Wyness
13/12/08 Inverness CT Love Street 2–0 3,364 Dorman, Brady
20/12/08 Kilmarnock Rugby Park 1–0 5,183 Dorman
27/12/08 Hamilton Love Street 1–0 4,794 Dargo
3/01/09 Motherwell Love Street 0–0 10,189

Anyway lang may the current run continue...

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

When you consider that we had a COVID afflicted squad, were signing keepers on the morning of matches and other similar madness and we’ve have had off field issues gift two of our rivals three nil wins against us... and we are STILL not in the bottom two, you are right I’m very pleased with that.
If you miss me that much you always reach out on Pie and Bovril and twitter. Came back here to get that question answered, which I did, thanks HSS... see the forum hasn’t changed at all in my absence. Will let you get back to it 🤣

Covid afflicted squad, like other teams you mean? 😂

The goalie situation, massive red herring, thanks for highlighting it. 😜

I don't miss you, it's just plainly obvious you only post on here when we're winning. 

I have openly criticised the appointment of Jim Goodwin as manager but I have to say, I'm beginning to question my opinion given recent results and last night's performance. He got his tactics bang on and, though the rangers had a lot of possession, they rarely troubled our keeper. He almost nullified Tavernier and we we were more than a match in midfield. One result against the @rse cheeks may not be cause for mayhem but we have now went into double figures of unbeaten so it's clear Goodie's obviously doing something right.

A lot of the attendances on that site seem way off the mark. I think they are probably a combination of dodgy official attendances and some that are just plain wrong. This game for example I have a vivid memory of the crowd being 27000.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1977&GameID=197709170

Also I think they have the crowd for the cup game against United in 1977 as 20,000. I’m convinced it was significantly more than that. 

Cup game against Celtic in 1980 they have as 27000 but I’m sure the official attendance was 35000.

44 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

A lot of the attendances on that site seem way off the mark. I think they are probably a combination of dodgy official attendances and some that are just plain wrong. This game for example I have a vivid memory of the crowd being 27000.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1977&GameID=197709170

25000 Tickets printed and available for the above match.

That was our official limit.

Cup Tie v Celtic was pay at the Gate therefore 10000 plus above supposed limit.

9 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I have openly criticised the appointment of Jim Goodwin as manager but I have to say, I'm beginning to question my opinion given recent results and last night's performance. He got his tactics bang on and, though the rangers had a lot of possession, they rarely troubled our keeper. He almost nullified Tavernier and we we were more than a match in midfield. One result against the @rse cheeks may not be cause for mayhem but we have now went into double figures of unbeaten so it's clear Goodie's obviously doing something right.

Aye and there a good few others in that camp too. 

The whole Goodwin must Go was a complete joke from start to finish, lets hope a few people have learned a lesson but I doubt it.

3 minutes ago, shull said:

25000 Tickets printed and available for the above match.

That was our official limit.

Cup Tie v Celtic was pay at the Gate therefore 10000 plus above supposed limit.

Fair dos Shull. You sound clued up on that Rangers game and yes you are right about the cup tie being pay at the gate. There were thousands locked outside. 
The thing is, when the East terracing was redeveloped, I thought that brought the capacity down to 35000 from what it had been . The ground could not have been more full that night. 
The ground had a capacity of 53000 at one point but presumably it was never any bigger than it was prior to the East terracing redevelopment??

23 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Fair dos Shull. You sound clued up on that Rangers game and yes you are right about the cup tie being pay at the gate. There were thousands locked outside. 
The thing is, when the East terracing was redeveloped, I thought that brought the capacity down to 35000 from what it had been . The ground could not have been more full that night. 
The ground had a capacity of 53000 at one point but presumably it was never any bigger than it was prior to the East terracing redevelopment??

It was an amazing night crowdwise. I managed to get in after about 25 minutes.

Should never have happened.

We played so well at Parkhead on the Saturday and should have won comfortably.

Edited by shull

36 minutes ago, shull said:

It was an amazing night crowdwise. I managed to get in after about 25 minutes.

Should never have happened.

We played so well at Parkhead on the Saturday and should have won comfortably.

Agreed. Me and my pal were right behind the goal in the East terracing which was unusual for us as we’d normally be in the Northbank but it was so busy we couldnae be bothered fighting our way through the crowd. 
Can still remember vividly being behind the goal when big Dougie missed the penalty and then rattled in the rebound.

At the end it was probably the most gutted I’ve been after a football match. Only things that could even come close would be Hammarby and the League Cup final against Rangers. The latter being after I thought I was way past letting a football match ruin my mood for any length of time. 

15 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Agreed. Me and my pal were right behind the goal in the East terracing which was unusual for us as we’d normally be in the Northbank but it was so busy we couldnae be bothered fighting our way through the crowd. 
Can still remember vividly being behind the goal when big Dougie missed the penalty and then rattled in the rebound.

At the end it was probably the most gutted I’ve been after a football match. Only things that could even come close would be Hammarby and the League Cup final against Rangers. The latter being after I thought I was way past letting a football match ruin my mood for any length of time. 

Horrible night and horrible result.

After the Match we managed to get back  to our Local pub in Barrhead , only to walk in as the the fecking match highlights were starting on the Pub Telly.

Fecking nightmare.

Boooooooooooooooo

33 minutes ago, shull said:

Horrible night and horrible result.

After the Match we managed to get back  to our Local pub in Barrhead , only to walk in as the the fecking match highlights were starting on the Pub Telly.

Fecking nightmare.

Boooooooooooooooo

But if you’d been a neutral you’d have to say an amazing football match. Had a bit of everything. 

9 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

But if you’d been a neutral you’d have to say an amazing football match. Had a bit of everything. 

Well apart from a goal or 2 from us

Main thing about that game, was unlike Wednesday we didn't have a go, we just sat back almost scared to score and it undid us , we are so much better on the front foot, especially when we have a strong midfield, just need to find a another couple of Franks ( McDougall, McGarvey) and Tony's pipe dream may actually have a chance