The Jim Goodwin and Lee Sharp Appreciation Thread

It's days like this that Goodwin deserves real praise.

Not when we win on penalties against diddy teams in the league cup group stage, a real victory against a team that has more resources than wee could dream about.

Aye, I've been critical, which was realistic at that time, and now the praise is real.

Very proud. 

I don't post on here, too many brain dead nitwits. But surely all you "know-it-alls" will finally shut the f**k up. Imagine the clowns had their way a few months ago and Goodwin was sacked. 

We have a manager who clearly knows what he's doing, tactically astute, and most of all, loves the club. We aren't going to win every game but ffs get behind the team, always, regardless of lineup. I'd say Jim knows better than you. 

Edited by stuartsmfc

2 minutes ago, stuartsmfc said:

I don't post on here, too many brain dead nitwits. But surely all you "know-it-alls" will finally shut the f**k up. Imagine the clowns had their way a few months ago and Goodwin was sacked. 

We have a manager who clearly knows what he's doing, tactically astute, and most of all loves the club. We aren't going to win every game but ffs get behind the team always regardless of lineup. I'd say Jim knows better than you. 

He is an angry man above.

Me, I am so fecking happy.

:clapping

2 hours ago, stuartsmfc said:

You're one of the fuds I'm talking about. You're not even a St. mirren fan 🤣🤣

Jings, you still angry ? :lol:

I haven't been so thrilled and delighted for years and I doubt I'll sleep tonight.

Come and get a wee hug  :)

Been a bit quiet [mention=13994]TopCat[/mention], why is that or are you too busy crying with your life size Goodwin blow up doll? 

Check this forum for the first time in weeks... first unread post^^^^ ....Reminded why I hardly ever check here anymore 🤣

Hope you’re well FS. Hope you enjoyed that today. Hope you enjoyed Wednesday too. Best Saints team in over 30 years.

Thanks to Jim Goodwin and Lee Sharp. What a job they’ve done.

12 hours ago, stuartsmfc said:

You're one of the fuds I'm talking about. You're not even a St. mirren fan 🤣🤣

Just enjoy the win, calm down...

Edited by Guest

:lol:
Right on time, last Sunday, in tears, no balls to come in and explain the disaster that cost us a cup final place.
Still no mention in this post. 
Don't hurry back. :byebye

As if it’s up to me to explain [emoji28]
We lost 1-0 to a team above us in the league and we were denied a stonewall penalty. That’s football.
I’m sure we can all agree that this is the best Saints team in the history of this website.
Just need to enjoy it while we can.

8 minutes ago, TopCat said:

As if it’s up to me to explain emoji28.png
We lost 1-0 to a team above us in the league because the manager shat his pants.
I’m sure we can all agree that this is the best Saints team in the history of this website.
Just need to enjoy it while we can.

I think that's closer to the truth.

Greatest Saints team in the history of this website :lol:............................I suggest you give up drinking and drugs. 

I'll keep my assessment until the end of the season. :byebye

8 minutes ago, TopCat said:

No.
What team was better?

Coma back at the end of the season.

Here's how it'll go, if we slide down the league with  a run of miserable results you'll be nowhere to be seen, like you have been for most of the season.

If we maintain our current form, a whole two games, Goodwill, along with the team, will get as many plaudits as I, and most of the forum, can muster.

That's the way I roll. 

1 hour ago, scottd said:

Record since the Hampden underwear spoiling episode.  3 wins, 1 defeat, 10 scored, 4 conceded.  Pretty good going if you ask me.

McInnes under pressure at Aberdeen, hope he keeps his job.

Hope so as well considering a flock of sheep want Goodie to replace him.

21 hours ago, truesaint said:

Hope so as well considering a flock of sheep want Goodie to replace him.

I can't imagine Jim would want to go there.

Money-wise it's a no brainer I suppose but career-wise there's nowhere to go but finish 3rd or 4th and they're already at that level.

I'd have thought he'd want to go somewhere he could make an impact - solid non-sacking club in England for example (like Ipswich).

While Jims good the jurys still out on whether he is the best young manager in the league, I'd say one of the best.

However you have to laugh at the muppets going on about how Gerrard is so good, I agree he is good but he has been given no challenge as he has had almost limitless funds (compared to his competitors) and his only real competitor imploding this year. If Gerrard had started at a lower club and done as well as Goody or JR then I could agree but for me again the jury's out.

At least when you compare to Joey Barton (whose an arse) Fleetwood they punched well above their weight in that league and have been in freefall since they sacked him.

SS