The Jim Goodwin and Lee Sharp Appreciation Thread

14 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

The seething resentment is reaching boiling point. emoji1787.png

How's ur lego tasting today? I'm afraid for u wee man nothing u say bothers me...wee hard guy behind a keyboard...ur pointless!!

What colour lego u munching on pointless one?
Jimmy Carr got heckled once with a punter shouting out he had a big nose, he said that would be funny if he had a big nose. If you don't understand this reply then you should ask your village idiot for a loan of his single brain cell. [emoji2957]

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Jimmy Carr got heckled once with a punter shouting out he had a big nose, he said that would be funny if he had a big nose. If you don't understand this reply then you should ask your village idiot for a loan of his single brain cell. emoji2957.png

Ur comebacks are pish, ur pointless...give it up stalker...u ran out of lego for today???

Goodwin, Sharp and Fitzpatrick (and the Kibble crowd) have all got to go!

It's utterly shameful to have a Top Six club with a negative goals differential.

Ugh!  Nasty!  Soooo embarrassing... 

Get it sorted!

(My real concern is that Cheesy is somehow to blame.)

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 12:39 PM, TopCat said:

As if it’s up to me to explain emoji28.png
We lost 1-0 to a team above us in the league and we were denied a stonewall penalty. That’s football.
I’m sure we can all agree that this is the best Saints team in the history of this website.
Just need to enjoy it while we can.

A hilarious statement at the time, not looking any better today. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

A hilarious statement at the time, not looking any better today. 

Just a bit silly. 

This season (thus far) has given us great highs and some pretty bad lows,  as is the St Mirren way.

All things considered In these strange times, this season has been better than most in recent history, but probably not the best team in the history of the website. 

We'll bounce back.

• 1 month later...

A short summary of our achievements under Jim Goodwin and Lee Sharp this season (so far):
First victory at Parkhead since 1990 [emoji122]
First ever victory against The Rangers (and remain the only Scottish team to beat them this season) and as a result our first semi final since 2013[emoji122]
Longest unbeaten run in the top flight since 1968 [emoji122]
First win at Tannadice since 2013 and in the same game our biggest away win in the top flight since 1984 [emoji122]
First Scottish Cup Semi Final since 2009 [emoji122]
First time we have made both national semi finals in one season since 1982 [emoji122]
Already matched our best top flight points tally since the 80’s, and there’s three games to go [emoji122]
All of this achieved despite unprecedented off field issues and a ridiculous fixture pile up in February. In September we were signing goalies on the morning of games and other such madness.
It’s been far from perfect (is it ever?). But, What. A. Season. What. A. Manager.
The doubters have certainly been proven wrong. Hard to believe there was a fairly sizeable ‘Goodwin out’ brigade among our support in September and October. Credit to Gordon Scott for not listening to them. Can’t wait to see how the rest of it pans out, gutted we won’t be there.

34 minutes ago, TopCat said:

A short summary of our achievements under Jim Goodwin and Lee Sharp this season (so far):
First victory at Parkhead since 1990 emoji122.png
First ever victory against The Rangers (and remain the only Scottish team to beat them this season) and as a result our first semi final since 2013emoji122.png
Longest unbeaten run in the top flight since 1968 emoji122.png
First win at Tannadice since 2013 and in the same game our biggest away win in the top flight since 1984 emoji122.png
First Scottish Cup Semi Final since 2009 emoji122.png
First time we have made both national semi finals in one season since 1982 emoji122.png
Already matched our best top flight points tally since the 80’s, and there’s three games to go emoji122.png
All of this achieved despite unprecedented off field issues and a ridiculous fixture pile up in February. In September we were signing goalies on the morning of games and other such madness.
It’s been far from perfect (is it ever?). But, What. A. Season. What. A. Manager.
The doubters have certainly been proven wrong. Hard to believe there was a fairly sizeable ‘Goodwin out’ brigade among our support in September and October. Credit to Gordon Scott for not listening to them. Can’t wait to see how the rest of it pans out, gutted we won’t be there.

Are you sure about that 3rd sentence.? I am sure I remember another scottish team popping Rangers out a cup quite recently.

9 hours ago, TopCat said:

First victory at Parkhead since 1990 emoji122.png
First ever victory against The Rangers (and remain the only Scottish team to beat them this season) and as a result our first semi final since 2013emoji122.png
Longest unbeaten run in the top flight since 1968 emoji122.png
First win at Tannadice since 2013 and in the same game our biggest away win in the top flight since 1984 emoji122.png
First Scottish Cup Semi Final since 2009 emoji122.png
First time we have made both national semi finals in one season since 1982 emoji122.png
Already matched our best top flight points tally since the 80’s, and there’s three games to go emoji122.png

It shows what can be done when a manager is handed one of the biggest budgets in our history. 

It shows what can be done when a manager is handed one of the biggest budgets in our history. 

Heard that, and it amazed me. In the early 90’s we were regularly buying players for six figures. We paid £400k for Stickroth. I’m not sure what Jim’s budget is, but I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t be able to spend that amount on a single player.