The Jim Goodwin and Lee Sharp Appreciation Thread

Yeah, as much as I see what you trying to do, I'm with Top Cat here too.
His point is perfectly reasonable and you know very well what he's trying to say you wee trouble-making rascal you.
You've got to remember he's not as far as I am aware a mathematician and isn't presenting a formal proof complete with definitions. He's just making a comparative point that we haven't had this good a season since a time in the very distant past when you were still able to sustain an erection without external aids such as splints, pills and so forth.
He's actually gone beyond the call of duty to convert 2 point games into 3 points in a futile attempt to satisfy your pedantry. If I had known in advance he was going to try, I'd have stopped him from wasting his time.
I'm with him on this. 1981 we're looking at I think (if you include 2 Cup semi finals).
ETA. Blimey. We were still shutting shops at half day on a Wednesday and not allowing anything to open on a Sunday.
Yes, I’m in the Slarti is being a pedantic arse here camp.
That’s 3 against 1 Slarti so I think the rules are that you now need to apologise profusely to Top Cat, put a dunce’s cap on and stand in the corner for half an hour with your trousers round your ankles. [emoji106]

Yeah, well, I don't really care what your opinions are, I've never been one to court popularity - I'd rather be right than popular and, in this instance, I get my wish. [emoji14]

And, I think our Jersey friend just wants to see my bare arse. [emoji1787]

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Yeah, as much as I see what you trying to do, I'm with Top Cat here too.

His point is perfectly reasonable and you know very well what he's trying to say you wee trouble-making rascal you.

You've got to remember he's not as far as I am aware a mathematician and isn't presenting a formal proof complete with definitions. He's just making a comparative point that we haven't had this good a season since a time in the very distant past when you were still able to sustain an erection without external aids such as splints, pills and so forth.

He's actually gone beyond the call of duty to convert 2 point games into 3 points in a futile attempt to satisfy your pedantry. If I had known in advance he was going to try, I'd have stopped him from wasting his time.

I'm with him on this. 1981 we're looking at I think (if you include 2 Cup semi finals).

ETA. Blimey. We were still shutting shops at half day on a Wednesday and not allowing anything to open on a Sunday.

Clearly not a buddie Half day was Tuesday and Friarshall was open Sundays

Edited by Danny

1 minute ago, Slash said:

Given this appears to be a massive pile on, I’m also favouring Slarti just because I like to see the underdog come backemoji57.png

3-2 and it’s not over yet!

Aw naw. Next thing we know, Balfy will come along to score the equaliser. 
And can I just state for the record, that when I suggested the appropriate penance for Slarti, I had absolutely no idea that the poor wee fella couldnae afford underpants. 😁

12 hours ago, oaksoft said:

In the olden days, iirc, Tuesday was Paisley’s half day shop shutting, not Wednesday.

...but perhaps I’m being pedantic?

ETA... Should have finished the thread before commenting.

Danny boy concurs....   :)

Edited by antrin

In the olden days, iirc, Tuesday was Paisley’s half day shop shutting, not Wednesday.

Danny boy concurs....   [emoji4]

There are still a couple of places that have the Tuesday half day.

Given this appears to be a massive pile on, I’m also favouring Slarti just because I like to see the underdog come back[emoji57]

3-2 and it’s not over yet! Or is it 3-3? I’m losing track…..
Not so much of a pile on, they're more of a tag team. However, if you actually want the count, your involvement makes it 4-2 against us - but I'm sure we could take them. [emoji16]

10 hours ago, Slarti said:

Yeah, well, I don't really care what your opinions are, I've never been one to court popularity - I'd rather be right than popular and, in this instance, I get my wish. emoji14.png

And, I think our Jersey friend just wants to see my bare arse. emoji1787.png

I won't lie. I was fine with the dunce's cap but then he mentioned trousers round the ankles and all manner of red flags started waving. :lol:

59 minutes ago, antrin said:

Danny boy concurs....   :)

I have never lived in Paisley.

21 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Not so much of a pile on, they're more of a tag team. However, if you actually want the count, your involvement makes it 4-2 against us - but I'm sure we could take them. emoji16.png

You do know don’t you that Slash is only a wee fella don’t you. That said he’s wirey and I reckon would have a never say die attitude. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

And can I just state for the record, that when I suggested the appropriate penance for Slarti, I had absolutely no idea that the poor wee fella couldnae afford underpants. 😁

Hang on that's a good point.

@slarti, he's pulling your trousers down. If you're going all bare arse on him that's on you bud. Why would you not wear pants? The chaffing alone would be unbearable.

Aw naw. Next thing we know, Balfy will come along to score the equaliser. 
And can I just state for the record, that when I suggested the appropriate penance for Slarti, I had absolutely no idea that the poor wee fella couldnae afford underpants. [emoji16]
Hang on that's a good point.
@slarti, he's pulling your trousers down. If you're going all bare arse on him that's on you bud. Why would you not wear pants? The chaffing alone would be unbearable.
Ok, here we go again. I'm getting fed up giving free reading and comprehension lessons on here - I said he "wants to", I didn't say that he would.

Any more of these failures with basic English and you two can go sit with B**. (I don't want to name him in case he's like Beetlejuice but only needs named once.)

You do know don’t you that Slash is only a wee fella don’t you. That said he’s wirey and I reckon would have a never say die attitude. 
Aye, but you've got Oaky, so that really changes it from 4-2 against us to 2-1 in our favour. [emoji1787]

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I was correct in both statements.

I'm beginning to see where slarti is coming from now.

Nifty!  :)

If both statements are correct, then the first is rendered redundant and/or obfuscatory.

So you were never living in Paisley...  so what is your big team, then? 

Also are you suggesting that "where slarti is coming from" is also not Paisley?

I'm at a loose end.

38 minutes ago, Slash said:

Damn autocorrect. It should have been “Neds” But you knew that anyway. Smart arse 😂 . 

So who was you local team growing up? Or are you not willing to divulge the city/town/village/caravan/tent you grew up in?

I've just checked Bet 365, no odds available. :rolleyes:

In other words, no chance. :lol:

Nifty!  [emoji4]

If both statements are correct, then the first is rendered redundant and/or obfuscatory.
So you were never living in Paisley...  so what is your big team, then? 

Also are you suggesting that "where slarti is coming from" is also not Paisley?

I'm at a loose end.

HEY!!!!! [emoji34]

Are you sure you used to be a mathematician? I'm beginning to think you failed the arithmetic part. [emoji3]
No. Using a football analogy, having you in the team is like being 3 men down. Basically I'm saying that you are less than useless, a hinderance to your own side, etc.

22 hours ago, Slarti said:

What he did afterwards is totally irrelevant to my response to his post (shown below) where he only mentioned "points tally" and games "to spare".

It's not really difficult to understand. He made specific points, I addressed only those points, so what is your issue with it?

Are you suggesting we've had more than 44 points in any season Topcat mentioned?

Update:
Best points tally in a top flight season since the 80’s emoji122.png  44. Any other season we've had this?
With one game to spare! We have one more game to play. Correct. 

I don't see anywhere in this statement where he was wrong.

Edited by stlucifer

Are you suggesting we've had more than 44 points in any season Topcat mentioned?

Update:
Best points tally in a top flight season since the 80’s [emoji122]  44. Any other season we've had this?
With one game to spare! We have one more game to play. Correct. 

I don't see anywhere in this statement where he was wrong.
Ok, point to where I said, or even insinuated, he was wrong. I've already said that I never said that, do keep up, ffs. More to the point, show me what I said that was wrong.

Compared to a 36 game season, we haven't got a game to spare, we have played one more.

What exactly is your point here, you just seem to have jumped in trying to start an argument. Are you fed up arguing with yourself?

Just now, Slarti said:

Ok, point to where I said, or even insinuated, he was wrong. I've already said that I never said that, do keep up, ffs. More to the point, show me what I said that was wrong.

Compared to a 36 game season, we haven't got a game to spare, we have played one more.

What exactly is your point here, you just seem to have jumped in trying to start an argument. Are you fed up arguing with yourself?

Where did Topcat say the number of games were the same? Christ. You're having a mare here mate. As I said at first outing. You were, at the very least, being pedantic. I'd quit while I was behind if I were you.