The Jim Goodwin and Lee Sharp Appreciation Thread

2 hours ago, Slarti said:
4 hours ago, oaksoft said:
Are you sure you used to be a mathematician? I'm beginning to think you failed the arithmetic part. emoji3.png

No. Using a football analogy, having you in the team is like being 3 men down. Basically I'm saying that you are less than useless, a hinderance to your own side, etc.

Nice recovery.

I will accept that argument.

Where did Topcat say the number of games were the same? Christ. You're having a mare here mate. As I said at first outing. You were, at the very least, being pedantic. I'd quit while I was behind if I were you.

I'll wait until I'm behind to do that then.

Just answer the question, what did I say that was incorrect?

I never said he mentioned the number of games, what exactly is your point? I think you better go back and read what was actually said and not rely on what you think was said. I pointed out the flaw in only using points as a measure when going to back to years that had a different number of games and a different points system. For instance, if they decided that next season was to be 10 points for a win and we won six games, finished bottom and were relegated, do you think that directly comparing points totals and saying "the most points we've had since 19 canteen" would be a good measurement? Of course it wouldn't.

Now, if you would kindly stop trying to put words (or anything else) in my mouth, it would be much appreciated.

I sometimes wonder if I’m the right type of person to frequent a board like this.

Whilst I’ll happily admit that I can absolutely be an opinionated khunt at times, I could NEVER be bothered to argue some completely irrelevant point over and over and over and over again with some faceless stranger on a football forum, for no other reason than simply to get the last word. 

13 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I sometimes wonder if I’m the right type of person to frequent a board like this.

Whilst I’ll happily admit that I can absolutely be an opinionated khunt at times, I could NEVER be bothered to argue some completely irrelevant point over and over and over and over again with some faceless stranger on a football forum, for no other reason than simply to get the last word. 

Aye ye wid. :P

Yer no opinionated, but ye ur a khunt. [emoji14]

I like to see how far people will go, tying themselves in knots, squirming, trying to change the point of argument and basically lying rather than admit they have made a simple mistake.

Yes, I'm easily amused.

7 minutes ago, Slash said:

Aye @TPAFKA Jersey 2 is a khunt, but he’s a decent Paisley born khunt that I’d gladly spend some time drinking with.

As for his mate JimmyH, he’s a grumpy khunt but with a guid heart.

Look forward to seeing them again in the Court Bar and standing them some drinks when this pandemic goes the same way as the auld Rangers.

Cannae wait 👍

12 hours ago, Slash said:

Still can’t answer a simple question though…..not surprising given you can’t deal with anyone outside your own family.

What a sad and lonely life you must lead. 😢

This link might help you overcome your insecurities. 

https://www.campaigntoendloneliness.org/helpful-links/

Why would I be either sad or lonely?

• 4 months later...

Another wee update after another strong start to the season.

Just two defeats in 13 competitive games this season (did lose one more on a penalty shoot out). Unbeaten in five games now and we have won two in a row. Sitting comfortably in 7th place, and in a better position now than we were this time last season, in which we posted our highest league finish for a generation. New boys are settling in just fine. It's a good time to be a buddie, well done Jim and Lee, what a job they're doing 👏

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2021 at 9:44 PM, Maboza said:

Has any resident statto got % win rate for Goodwin vs our other top flight managers ? 

By my reckoning, if you count all games while we were in the top division, Goodie's record is about 28% win rate. I think Gus was around 32% while in the top league. But that includes cup games and is approximate.

ETA. I believe Danny Lennon's record is almost identical, percentage wise, to JG's.

Edited by stlucifer

• 1 month later...