The Jim Goodwin and Lee Sharp Appreciation Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Been told by an insider Jim has four games to turn this around or he is out. Needs to get some points, presumably more likely from games after Old Firm. Bit harsh maybe. He does need to be more flexible in his approach though at least try something different- 3-4-3 or 4-1-3-2 maybe
Your insider the school janny. [emoji14]

19 hours ago, LargsBud said:

He deserves the time to turn it around. We are on a bad run but we've seen and been through much worse. 

If that were all I'd agree but the football has, so far this season, been atrocious and he has performed ridiculously badly on the recruitment side as far as forwards are concerned with, allegedly, the highest budget ever afforded to a Saints manager in recent times..

Unfortunately I can't see the turnaround anytime soon under JG.

Once again I sit on the sidelines hoping I'm mistaken but fearing the worst.

53 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

If that were all I'd agree but the football has, so far this season, been atrocious and he has performed ridiculously badly on the recruitment side as far as forwards are concerned with, allegedly, the highest budget ever afforded to a Saints manager in recent times..

Unfortunately I can't see the turnaround anytime soon under JG.

Once again I sit on the sidelines hoping I'm mistaken but fearing the worst.

A lot of it has, but there were several games where we created lots of chances and played some pretty decent stuff.

That's what makes the poor stuff on offer so frustrating to watch.

12 minutes ago, FTOF said:

A lot of it has, but there were several games where we created lots of chances and played some pretty decent stuff.

That's what makes the poor stuff on offer so frustrating to watch.

Aye, it's easy to forget before the Dundee game we were playing well and getting results.

Since then, and I predicted an easy win, it's went to pot, both performance wise and results. 

Aye, frustrating and what went wrong? 

I’ve become increasingly disenchanted with Goody this season, both his team selection and his tactics but tonight i believe credit must be given . He got it 100% spot on and his team carried out his instructions to the letter.

That said, we have a long way to go and must be under no illusion that all our ills have suddenly disappeared but if he can get the same effort from our first eleven as he did from the young uns tonight ……..who knows ?

Fingers crossed . COYS .

• 1 month later...

We've had one defeat in six (which was at Ibrox) and we've won our last three. We are now sitting comfortably midtable and we're closer to fourth spot than 11th and we have a great chance to make our third Scottish Cup Quarter final in a row. 

What a job Jim and Lee are doing :happyclapper

5 minutes ago, TopCat said:

We've had one defeat in six (which was at Ibrox) and we've won our last three. We are now sitting comfortably midtable and we're closer to fourth spot than 11th and we have a great chance to make our third Scottish Cup Quarter final in a row. 

What a job Jim and Lee are doing :happyclapper

Aye but don’t forget we need to consider the 25 penalty points deduction for entering administration. 

More news hopefully to follow the AGM tomorrow so we are led to believe. 🤫

• 2 weeks later...
I am not a huge fan of the manager but this is a great result. We are more or less safe from relegation. If we can make top 6 even better.
I am a huge fan of the manager.

He arsed it pre break by trying to replicate the Fakes, and stubbornly persevered too long... But he had the sense and humility to change things.

I'm behind him 100%

Will he get it right every time? No.

Will I back him 100%? Damned right.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

We are one of the form teams in the country, only Celtic have more points than us in the last six games. Only the two bigot clubs have lost less games than us this season. 

Just one defeat in nine games and five wins out of six in 2022. We are sitting pretty in sixth spot with a game in hand on fourth, fifth, seventh and eighth. We are just one point off fourth and a European spot and we are as close to third as eleventh.. We are all but assured of top flight safety in February, for the second year running, it's now just a question of high we can finish. 

Our next three games are Kelty, Livingston and Dundee. What a chance to extend the fine form further and put ourselves in a great position to finally finish top six. If we manage that fourth will be very achievable. What a time to be a Saints fan. 

Jim Goodwin and Lee Sharp everyone :clapping

19 hours ago, TopCat said:

We are one of the form teams in the country, only Celtic have more points than us in the last six games. Only the two bigot clubs have lost less games than us this season. 

Just one defeat in nine games and five wins out of six in 2022. We are sitting pretty in sixth spot with a game in hand on fourth, fifth, seventh and eighth. We are just one point off fourth and a European spot and we are as close to third as eleventh.. We are all but assured of top flight safety in February, for the second year running, it's now just a question of high we can finish. 

Our next three games are Kelty, Livingston and Dundee. What a chance to extend the fine form further and put ourselves in a great position to finally finish top six. If we manage that fourth will be very achievable. What a time to be a Saints fan. 

Jim Goodwin and Lee Sharp everyone :clapping

Without going all-elvis….  may I just remind everyBuddie that - this is St Mirren.

Assuming (if I dare) that we beat Kelty Hearts tomorrow, our next league game against Livi will be a massive yardstick to measure our form and whether we can sustain it.

They are in reasonable form, they are one of our main challengers for top 6 and it’s always a really difficult place to go (although our record there is pretty decent).

If we can go there and get a victory, I’ll start to feel really confident that our current form is sustainable and that we’ll have a more than realistic chance of finishing top 6.

If we lose there, then the following two games against Dundee and Hearts will be massive in terms of us not starting to crumble like we’re prone to doing. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2