The Jim Goodwin and Lee Sharp Appreciation Thread

I think Cormack is playing mind games trying to upset the applecart of a team who are above them in the league. All this talk, even if Aberdeen aren't really intending to part with two hundred and fifty grand, which I'm not even sure they will have spare,  is bound to impact on the playing squad.

49 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Wasn't really what I meant mate.. I don't think he regrets taking the Sunderland job for a second in financial terms or for the experience of managing a big football club. certainly way much bigger than Aberdeen But was it a success in football terms.. I'm pretty sure he regrets how it turned out at Sunderland the same can be said of his time at Hibs.. it's probably cost him his life long ambition of managing Scotland

Sunderland are a basket case of a club They go through managers like weans go through sweeties and yet still languish in the 3rd tier of english football Nothing to be ashamed of getting the sack from them

My preference would be for JG to stay but if he decides to go I would happily take Jack back…………as long as he doesn’t sign any players from Hibs 😳

3 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I think Cormack is playing mind games trying to upset the applecart of a team who are above them in the league. All this talk, even if Aberdeen aren't really intending to part with two hundred and fifty grand, which I'm not even sure they will have spare,  is bound to impact on the playing squad.

Possibly correct but they will have the money if the owner wants them to have it. Deep pockets 

4 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

He got criticised heavily for not interviewing anyone other than Glass the last time. I think this is him publicly showing that they are looking at (and eventually interviewing) multiple candidates this time. The Bodo Glimt manager turned them down today.

49 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

You contradict your point by highlighting McInnes as he got sacked for exactly NOT doing what you mentioned in the first paragraph. He stuck around too long until it got stale then got sacked as he couldn't take them any further. 

There are ups and downs in every managers career, whether they stay where they are or take new jobs. There is no way for managers to avoid volatility and uncertainty, Its part of the job. 

Not quite as straightforward as that mate is it.. McInnes knocked back the Sunderland job in june 2017 Simon Grayson got the job he last 4 month... he then knocked back the Rangers job December 2017 with Celtic and Brendan Rodgers wiping the floor with Rangers at the time...  Graeme Murty got it he last 5 month...  Derek Mcinnes lasted another 4 year at Aberdeen... You still think he made the wrong decision sticking with Aberdeen I don't 

41 minutes ago, HSS said:

Sunderland are a basket case of a club They go through managers like weans go through sweeties and yet still languish in the 3rd tier of english football Nothing to be ashamed of getting the sack from them

My preference would be for JG to stay but if he decides to go I would happily take Jack back…………as long as he doesn’t sign any players from Hibs 😳

Yes they are a basket case and  Derek Mcinnes saw that...  Jack Ross obviously didn't 

They're now on there 6th manager since jack left... 16 in 7yr 

Edited by portmahomack saint