The Jim Goodwin and Lee Sharp Appreciation Thread

9 minutes ago, Rascal said:

He’s not gone yet? Is he?

Not confirmed yet. But yes, he’s gone.  

As for others asking what players are out of contract and/or could be targets for Aberdeen. I’d guess Alnwick definitely, possibly Tanser (who he seems to like) and maybe Brophy at a push? 

Apart from Alnwick, I couldn’t really say we have anyone that would be ‘Aberdeen class’, in terms of their ambitions at least, rather than their current position. 

Ps. Could see him making a play for JJ certainly and maybe Gogic / Ronan. None of whom we could expect to keep. 

Edited by Maboza

11 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Some Aberdeen fans underwhelmed by the prospect of Jim as Manager.

https://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/45072-next-manager/&do=findComment&comment=2216893

Can you blame then... He's the don't get beat (mosts draws) king... 

We've drawn about 5 more games on average than other teams. If we'd lost 3 and won 2 of those we'd already be 4th.

The Dons expect to win even more than we would

Edited by Sweeper07

Just now, portmahomack saint said:

Please 🙈 don't start with Paul Lambert stuff again he's knocked us back umpteen times 

Plus he’s such a miserable grumpy git. Hardly had any success in years despite numerous jobs. No thanks.

4 minutes ago, pod said:

St Mirren approach Paul Lambert for manager's job after Stoke exit | Football News | Sky Sport.

At least once and in my book, that's once to many.

Fair enough, i missed that. He did go onto manage Ipswich after that so can understand why he turned it down. He's been out of work for a year now, and we are in a much better place, so i think he would be more open to an approach. Should at least ask!

My 1st choice would be Malky MacKay.

He inherited a poor squad at RC and has made them a good bit better already. They are attack minded and have had some impressive results, despite having a weaker defence than us.... imagine what he could do with our squad..... when's his contract up (summer?) Anyone know?

3 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Fair enough, i missed that. He did go onto manage Ipswich after that so can understand why he turned it down. He's been out of work for a year now, and we are in a much better place, so i think he would be more open to an approach. Should at least ask!

Probably have. :wink:

2 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

My 1st choice would be Malky MacKay.

He inherited a poor squad at RC and has made them a good bit better already. They are attack minded and have had some impressive results, despite having a weaker defence than us.... imagine what he could do with our squad..... when's his contract up (summer?) Anyone know?

I would be happy with him. Ross County seem to start each season with almost a complete new squad. The score goals….leak them too but enjoyable to watch

Just now, truesaint said:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/jim-goodwin-aberdeen-done-deal-23150269

If it is going to be a summer of recruitment which looks likely then hopefully we get Ross back in the dugout. His January clear out comes to mind and did a good job of rebuilding.

Not with Hibs he didn't with bigger purse. 

I recall that when Jim became manager he majored on the need for stability at the club instead of constantly chopping and changing the manager.

Didn't realise that he was only talking about 2 to 3 years of stability before we start all over again.

Having said that, he is still the longest serving manager in the SPL - at least for all of a couple of days.

Edited by northstbuddie

14 minutes ago, pod said:

Not with Hibs he didn't with bigger purse. 

Already been posted his record at Hibs, overall, was pretty decent.

They shat their pants after a poor run, and the rest is history.

His record with us was, IMO, was the best managerial performance in many a year.  

Have him back in a heartbeat.