The Jim Goodwin and Lee Sharp Appreciation Thread

1 minute ago, Rascal said:

Tend to agree TP. Talks interrupted our preparations for the Livvy game and perhaps both the Dundee and Hearts matches at a crucial time for us with the cup quarter finals not far away. Distractions we could do without.

The players are professionals who hopefully want to win every game. I can't see there being much change to the shape or recent starting lineup tomorrow. 

I do agree though, this is a distraction especially the longer it goes on. With any luck its done and dusted tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

The players are professionals who hopefully want to win every game. I can't see there being much change to the shape or recent starting lineup tomorrow. 

I do agree though, this is a distraction especially the longer it goes on. With any luck its done and dusted tomorrow. 

McManus will use this to drive them on tomorrow and against Dee.  We're on the brink of 4th, it's the same players and we have great leaders on the park

Edited by Sweeper07

13 minutes ago, munoz said:

Hate to say it but it will be blatantly obvious tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, magnus said:

Hate to say it but it will be blatantly obvious tomorrow.

The distraction? I think it could possibly work for us. Players trying to impress the new manager in waiting etc. 

I have a feeling we might come through this a stronger team.

So it is 10pm the night before an important game in our season and we are being, as fans, dangling by our b***ocks waiting for the inevitable. 
“permission to speak “

”showing an interest “

come on we’re not stupid get it done and let us move on. We’ve been here many, many a time and we will, undoubtedly be here many another time. 
ambitious? Hardly I’d say. 

7 minutes ago, munoz said:

The distraction? I think it could possibly work for us. Players trying to impress the new manager in waiting etc. 

I have a feeling we might come through this a stronger team.

No Goodwin's decision.

On the team  I agree it's too good a group to fold. I expect them to put in a good performance 

51 minutes ago, magnus said:

Can I offer one nightmare scenario:

Scott Brown to St Mirren as some sort of player coach.

Brown's role at Aberdeen, as it was with Celtic, is to be the enforcer. Wasn't that just what Goodwin did as a St Mirren player ?

IMO Goodwin at Aberdeen will be very keen to use Brown in that role. He certainly won't pump him out the door in a taxi to Paisley. 

2 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Could it be we are working on a deal for a new manager so we can announce Jim leaving and a new appointment?

Not likely. Usual is it takes days to interview candidates (just in case your 1st choice doesn't agree terms etc.)

No need to panic...

46 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

If you read my post you'll see I was admitting that I was only scripting this from the boredom of waiting... I never thought for a minute folks would be so gullible to read that as fact... very few people will be party to the contract details and even those they do share it with are not very likely to broadcast it

Yet you expect people to take some of your other nonsense as fact…..wow!!

21 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Brown's role at Aberdeen, as it was with Celtic, is to be the enforcer. Wasn't that just what Goodwin did as a St Mirren player ?

IMO Goodwin at Aberdeen will be very keen to use Brown in that role. He certainly won't pump him out the door in a taxi to Paisley. 

EXCLUSIVE! Scott Brown approached by St Mirren as next boss search gathers pace with Jim Goodwin to Aberdeen agreed | @ScottBurns75

https://t.co/p3MOP5kbIu https://t.co/iVYE3UQjOW