The Jim Goodwin and Lee Sharp Appreciation Thread

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Welcome back, that's funny.

Goodwin wouldn't be pondering anything if Aberdeen hadn't sacked Glass.

Bringing Tony into this is beyond the realms of reality.

The link provided earlier by Magnus wasn’t opening properly for me .

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scott-brown-approached-st-mirren-26273925

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

So it is 10pm the night before an important game in our season and we are being, as fans, dangling by our b***ocks waiting for the inevitable. 
“permission to speak “
”showing an interest “
come on we’re not stupid get it done and let us move on. We’ve been here many, many a time and we will, undoubtedly be here many another time. 
ambitious? Hardly I’d say. 
It's done what difference does an announcement make. It's not like the players won't know and for us as fans it's irrelevant. It's happening accept it and the search for a replacement begins.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Is this actually genuine re Broonie? If so it’s a total embarrassment. Coach, assistant at a very big push, but potential manager is a complete joke.
Can you imagine trying to convince the Saints faithful to get on board with it? I’ve been resigned and a bit down about losing Goodwin today, now I’m just getting pissed off with it all. The thought of approaching Scott Brown as his replacement is too much to stomach. 

1 minute ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Is this actually genuine re Broonie? If so it’s a total embarrassment. Coach, assistant at a very big push, but potential manager is a complete joke.
Can you imagine trying to convince the Saints faithful to get on board with it? I’ve been resigned and a bit down about losing Goodwin today, now I’m just getting pissed off with it all. The thought of approaching Scott Brown as his replacement is too much to stomach. 

Already been interviewed I believe.  Utter farce.

30 minutes ago, magnus said:

Scott Brown - I would start to panic now.

Is JG in on it Or what... that would get rid of 2 of his problems...

He's past it at this level and has NO management experience.... hard to believe our board would be that daft

Sounds like another WHOOSH

14 minutes ago, magnus said:

Already been interviewed I believe.  Utter farce.

Only thing I can think is that the board have been upset by the upheaval that Aberdeen have caused us and are trying to muck them about a bit. Brown surely can’t be a serious consideration. Whatever is going on, it’s an real amateur look from the club, if true. 

Scott Brown wouldn't bother me. Could turn out to be a decent punt.

A player that loves winning and hates losing, that has won everything in Scotland for years. Scotland International. 

I'd be very surprised if Jim Goodwin knows how to set up a team better than he would. 

9 minutes ago, munoz said:

A player that loves winning and hates losing, that has won everything in Scotland for years. Scotland International. 

I'd be very surprised if Jim Goodwin knows how to set up a team better than he would. 

I'm with you !

As opposed to a player that loves losing and hate winning? Part of the Aberdeen coaching staff this season. How’s that gone so far?

6 minutes ago, munoz said:

Not for me munoz. There are players that you know are smart and will go into coaching. Can you really see this guy being a good example to our young players, working well with the academy,  identifying transfer targets and selling St Mirren to experienced players?  I doubt very much if he could set up a team as well as Goodwin or any experienced manager. Brown would be a disaster. If we were going up the player coach route I would go with Shaugnessy but I don't think that player coach is the way we should go . 

Goody's first match at Pittodrie ?

2935705348.thumb.png.55e7ff52975fa2802aeab7657d03c3f6.png

As the Dons celebrate another dude who left us for them.

Only Six Quid for the Programme.

Will probably still be a sellout edition.

Edited by shull

39 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Is JG in on it Or what... that would get rid of 2 of his problems...

He's past it at this level and has NO management experience.... hard to believe our board would be that daft

Sounds like another WHOOSH

Maybe he will won’t be the main act 😙 a certain manager with lots of SPL experience is unemployed at the moment