The Jim Goodwin and Lee Sharp Appreciation Thread

Get brown so far to f**k. 

If the club think this is a good idea they don’t have much ability to temperature check the fans. 

Smacks of another Misty-eyed appointment from those on our board who like the green & white. Same mistake as Stubbs. 

Hopefully this doesn’t come to fruition. 

1 minute ago, Maboza said:

Get brown so far to f**k. 

If the club think this is a good idea they don’t have much ability to temperature check the fans. 

Smacks of another Misty-eyed appointment from those on our board who like the green & white. Same mistake as Stubbs. 

Hopefully this doesn’t come to fruition. 

There hasn’t been much evidence of this so far (ST fiasco, Kibble fiasco) so going for Brown fits into the recent MO of the club. 

15 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Sunderland on paper was an amazing opportunity. A club in the lower leagues with an EPL fanbase & big budget that could treble (at least) his wages. It’s highly unlikely any other St Mirren manager over the decades (including Jim Goodwin) would have turned that down. 

I get fans being hurt by this sort of thing but we should be applying some realism to managers of St Mirren.

Goodwin obviously has at least some interest in the Aberdeen role which isn’t nearly as big a job as Sunderland. If he does go, I don’t see why people wouldn’t take Ross back. We aren’t likely to hire someone else that if he does well, won’t have his head turned by bigger opportunities. 

Your reply is somewhat short on detail.

You appear to mis-remember the shitty events that lead Jack Ross to clamour for the first big pay packet waved at him.  You seem not to recall or have neglected to reference Jack attending the interview with Ipswich before hot tailing to the now Tory controlled land of the largely unemployed that is Sunderland.  His hasty appointment as boss of the English low league outfit was so hasty that I recall very clearly our board of directors not given given the common courtesy of a "heids up" from greedy Jack the utter back stabbing arsehole.  Also it is fair to say that the arsehole has not achieved much since dumping us in the shit has he?  It is a shit manager who cannot achieve mediocrity with the resources available at Hibs.  Remember the theft of our captain and the plundering of a number of other players from our club?  With all that he made a c**t of it.....yes lets have him back, f**king bra f**king vo (slow hand clap to emphasise the stupidity of the Jack Ross arse lickers).

Jack Ross is an arsehole.  People who vote Tory are arseholes and people who are unable to remember being taken for a c**t are destined to be life's victims.

So to sum up, Jack Ross can f**k off.

32 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

You appear to mis-remember the shitty events that lead Jack Ross to clamour for the first big pay packet waved at him.  You seem not to recall or have neglected to reference Jack attending the interview with Ipswich before hot tailing to the now Tory controlled land of the largely unemployed that is Sunderland.  His hasty appointment as boss of the English low league outfit was so hasty that I recall very clearly our board of directors not given given the common courtesy of a "heids up" from greedy Jack the utter back stabbing arsehole.  Also it is fair to say that the arsehole has not achieved much since dumping us in the shit has he?  It is a shit manager who cannot achieve mediocrity with the resources available at Hibs.  Remember the theft of our captain and the plundering of a number of other players from our club?  With all that he made a c**t of it.....yes lets have him back, f**king bra f**king vo (slow hand clap to emphasise the stupidity of the Jack Ross arse lickers).

Jack Ross is an arsehole.  People who vote Tory are arseholes and people who are unable to remember being taken for a c**t are destined to be life's victims.

I'm getting the impression you don't want Ross back Tom, am I reading you right  

2 hours ago, TediousTom said:

You can say it’s short on detail but for me the most important detail is this. Practically any St Mirren manager when waved a carrot such as the Sunderland (or Ipswich for that matter) job, is very likely to take it.

Try applying the logic to yourself, if you managed a promoted Scottish championship side (that you didn’t necessarily support) and was offered a role from an English club with EPL history & aspirations that could in theory financially secure your family in 3-5 seasons, would you not be tempted? 

As for not achieving much. Yes he struggled at Sunderland but so has every manager since & a few before. Poison chalice as they say. He got Hibs their first 3rd place finish in over a decade & to two cup finals. He lost his job on a poor run not dissimilar to what Goodwin had earlier this season, I personally think it was very harsh.

The signing St Mirren players. He has a duty of care at any club he manages to sign the players he think will do the job. In the past St Mirren have signed players from clubs previously managed by our at the time gaffers. It’s part of football.

When names like Scott Brown are being mentioned it really hits home for me just how much worse or more risky the next manger could be than Jack Ross.  

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

You can say it’s short on detail but for me the most important detail is this. Practically any St Mirren manager when waved a carrot such as the Sunderland (or Ipswich for that matter) job, is very likely to take it.

Try applying the logic to yourself, if you managed a promoted Scottish championship side (that you didn’t necessarily support) and was offered a role from an English club with EPL history & aspirations that could in theory financially secure your family in 3-5 seasons, would you not be tempted? 

As for not achieving much. Yes he struggled at Sunderland but so has every manager since & a few before. Poison chalice as they say. He got Hibs their first 3rd place finish in over a decade & to two cup finals. He lost his job on a poor run not dissimilar to what Goodwin had earlier this season, I personally think it was very harsh.

The signing St Mirren players. He has a duty of care at any club he manages to sign the players he think will do the job. In the past St Mirren have signed players from clubs previously managed by our at the time gaffers. It’s part of football.

When names like Scott Brown are being mentioned it really hits home for me just how much worse or more risky the next manger could be than Jack Ross.  

Oh Bazil, the mans a prick.  Don't dress it up, face it.

"try applying logic"  your being an arse.  Why?

Don't turn into an arsehole in order to defend a man who stabbed his chairman in the back at the earliest opportunity when he got a whiff on currency.  Behave yourself now.  

Oh and just tore-iterate, the mans a prick.  The man of course is Jack Ross, a pricks prick.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Lee Sharp also gone as well.

Guessing compensation must be closer to £400k then.

Was there not talk yesterday of Langfield going with them too? That would be more bad news. He’s done a great job with Alnwick and Hladky. Lyness has been brilliant cover too and Langfield looks like a good character to have around the place. 
Hopefully our Board and Tony can get the replacements right. 

Was there not talk yesterday of Langfield going with them too? That would be more bad news. He’s done a great job with Alnwick and Hladky. Lyness has been brilliant cover too and Langfield looks like a good character to have around the place. 
Hopefully our Board and Tony can get the replacements right. 
He is taking on the game today apparently, so must be staying.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

I usually get more bothered about losing quality players than managers and coaching staff but I’m surprised at my annoyance about this.

Goodwin has steadied the ship this Season no question albeit it took him time to stop being so stubborn.

I’ve been a critic of him in the past as he can come across like he is some sort of tactical genius when he in fact is often the last person who sees what needs to be changed.

That said for him to go at a time where we really do seem to have found a formula that works, he legs it. Shit timing for the team and it’s concerning whether or not it disrupts our good run.

Aberdeen sacking Glass came at a bad time for us and I thought they would have gone for someone with more experience.

I guess we should be excited about who we can attract. Let’s hope our recent form and prospects attract decent quality leadership. 
Goodwin will always be held in high regard at the club for what he has achieved. 
Thankfully we still have more than decent coaches at the club who can  see us through until the next Fergie arrives. 
Marching In.

Ah well that's that then, I suppose overall he did a pretty good job of managing our club, luckily for him the people who's making the decision up in Aberdeen have very short memories the performances we were producing for months before Xmas was absolute chronic but to his credit he turned it around... 

Anyway no good lucks from me I hope he makes a total cnut of it.... Adios..

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Lee Sharp also gone as well.

Guessing compensation must be closer to £400k then.

Be surprise if it as much as that considering he only signed till summer 2024 

Maybe it would have been better if the Dons had beaten us last month at home  :rolleyes:

Edited by Tommy