The Jim Goodwin and Lee Sharp Appreciation Thread

Scott Brown has no history as far as I know of being disrespectful to our club or any other apart from winding up arseholes from Rangers like Morelos Bartley and Diouf and they say he grew up as a Rangers fan,  no one ever got the better of him on the park, he's a winner for sure, he's a Celtic legend with a list of medals and honours.. 
I remember one of his early caps for Scotland he kicked the Italian superstars all over the park they were raging at him and he just laughed in their faces 
He wouldn't have been on my list as the next manager but i wouldn't rule him out either 
No one ever got the better of him on the park?

Meatballs wibble wibble is a thing of legend!

Brown couldn't get close to McGinn and threw his toys out of the pram that day.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

It may be a long shot but we could do worse than try to prise Derek McInnes   from Killie. Ready made, high flying Premier League club instead of a maybe one given the Arbroath run in their league. It wouldn't be wasted on him that he could end  up beating the dons to a European spot with the man they sacked. Almost ironic given our history.           

This is my favourite post in all this sorry saga.

I’d love to see that happen…      even just the “McInnes for manager” bit.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

It may be a long shot but we could do worse than try to prise Derek McInnes   from Killie. Ready made, high flying Premier League club instead of a maybe one given the Arbroath run in their league. It wouldn't be wasted on him that he could end  up beating the dons to a European spot with the man they sacked. Almost ironic given our history.           

You could say the same with Scott Brown

21 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

No one ever got the better of him on the park?

Meatballs wibble wibble is a thing of legend!

Brown couldn't get close to McGinn and threw his toys out of the pram that day.

Wrong choice of words by me was meaning the arseholes he went to war with on the park... at least I knew what I meant :lol:

Wrong choice of words by me was meaning the arseholes he went to war with on the park... at least I knew what I meant [emoji38]
Other than the Meatball spanking, I totally agree with you. He worked hard, learned, and grew up.
The raw ramrod at Hibs became a very disciplined and motivational leader at Celtic.

Still... We will always have McGinn. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji3590]

3 hours ago, lenziebud said:

your comments on Jack Ross are bitter and twisted nonsense

You are showing the same character traits of a battered wife that stays with her man.

The man did the dirty on my club, the man is a prick.

Bitter yes, absolutely.  Twisted, no.  I recall very clearly the lack of common courtesy he showed to Gordon Scott and the support.  

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

Scott Brown has no history as far as I know of being disrespectful to our club or any other apart from winding up arseholes from Rangers like Morelos Bartley and Diouf and they say he grew up as a Rangers fan,  no one ever got the better of him on the park, he's a winner for sure, he's a Celtic legend with a list of medals and honours.. 

I remember one of his early caps for Scotland he kicked the Italian superstars all over the park they were raging at him and he just laughed in their faces 

He wouldn't have been on my list as the next manager but i wouldn't rule him out either 

Franco Miranda's back handed slap to the left side of his face.

Honestly you should have seen it.  He was being a grade 1 w@nker that day and Franco put him right in his place.  Hilarious it was.  

1 minute ago, TediousTom said:

Franco Miranda's back handed slap to the left side of his face.

Honestly you should have seen it.  He was being a grade 1 w@nker that day and Franco put him right in his place.  Hilarious it was.  

Don't remember that Tom but those Argentina players have alway's been tough nasty mother puckers.. and cheats that's why Diego Maradona would never be welcome at our club bad influence he's a bad boy  { Leigh Griffiths } 

2 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Don't remember that Tom but those Argentina players have alway's been tough nasty mother puckers.. and cheats that's why Diego Maradona would never be welcome at our club bad influence he's a bad boy  { Leigh Griffiths } 

It was a glorious moment, Scott Brown was strutting about like the childish fud he is.  Franco took the back of his hand right off his jaw, just like Maw's used to do when the weans talked back.  Franco received a yellow card (or a warning, I cannae quite mind) before slinking up the park to score a glorious goal in the top corner at the old Love St end.  Brilliant.

The fact that we were already five goals down is neither here nor there 😁

7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Had Goodwin actually thanks Saints for the start of his career in full time management ?

All i have read up to now is him saying how big a club the Dons are, but haven't see anything about his thought about us. 

There was a piece somewhere today where he talks in glowing terms about Saints, I’m sure once the dust has settled and journos get proper access to him there will be more. 

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Had Goodwin actually thanks Saints for the start of his career in full time management ?

All i have read up to now is him saying how big a club the Dons are, but haven't see anything about his thought about us. 

Maybe now the fog is clearing with regards to some supporters opinions of " Goody" . 

A charlatan that only ever cared about himself. 

15 minutes ago, munoz said:

Maybe now the fog is clearing with regards to some supporters opinions of " Goody" . 

A charlatan that only ever cared about himself. 

Wait a wee minute mate, never seen you saying anything like that previously.

While I understand a slight disappointment when a manager leaves it's less than fair to describe his as self centred.

His record is more than decent, sure there's more than a few games/situations we felt let down, but, as much as I was on the fence about him, his record is better than most.

He had some very poor runs and some pretty decent/brilliant runs, none less than the 3-2 victory over Rangers. 

He's gone, no need to slag him off, he's done what most of us would have done, move to a financially better position and much better prospects of success. 

It's up to him, and the Aberdeen board, to see if it happens, time will tell.

As I said, I'm neither his greatest supporter or critic, let's wait and see.

The most important thing is WE continue to improve. 

Edited by faraway saint

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Wait a wee minute mate, you never seen you saying anything like that previously.

While I understand a slight disappointment when a manager leaves it's less than fair to describe his as self centred.

His record is more than decent, sure there's more than a few games/situations we felt let down, but, as much as I was on the fence about him, his record is better than most.

He had some very poor runs and some pretty decent/brilliant runs, none less than the 3-2 victory over Rangers. 

He's gone, no need to slag him off, he's done what most of us would have done, move to a financially better position and much better prospects of success. 

It's up to him, and the Aberdeen board, to see if it happens, time will tell.

As I said, I'm neither his greatest supporter or critic, let's wait and see.

The most important thing is WE continue to improve. 

I never said anything then or now because its pointless.  I had opinions of others of JG that i probably respected from the outset,  they've now come into fruition.  

He's gone now which is probably for the best, i just hope the board do the right thing next.