The Jim Goodwin and Lee Sharp Appreciation Thread

10 minutes ago, David Boyd said:

Why on earth would you wish he loses every single game. Surely that only gives points to our nearest rivals? 

Aberdeen are very unlikely to be our nearest rivals for long so I'm not sure you've thought this one out tbh. 

That's like saying you want to see Rangers and Celtic getting beat every week. 

Makes no sense

Ha ha. That sir, is a very good point, very well made 🤣🤣

I will retract and replace with a slightly more complex version.

Between now and the split i’d like him to lose every game against the bottom half teams and the OF, whilst drawing any matches against the other top 6 contenders. I further hope this results in Aberdeen not making the top 6. After the split I then hope they get gubbed in every game.

Not quite as catchy or succcinct but perhaps more accurate. 👍

14 minutes ago, David Boyd said:

Why on earth would you wish he loses every single game. Surely that only gives points to our nearest rivals? 

Aberdeen are very unlikely to be our nearest rivals for long so I'm not sure you've thought this one out tbh. 

That's like saying you want to see Rangers and Celtic getting beat every week. 

Makes no sense

Nothing like the same.

sevco and shellic have a wee corrupt league of their own.  I’m very happy to see any team on Earth defeat either of them.

St Mirren simply needs to do the business against all other normal teams.

and when Saints beat either of those, I am even more happy.  :)

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I quite clearly Didn't say it was some kind of failure. Just not the sort of success that would cause the wow factor from a truly massive club that the sheep seem to think themselves. Saintees only finished above us BECAUSE we failed to win against the weakest team in the league and, in the other semi against Livi, we played as if for a draw. It was a dreadful performance. But you dress it up as you see fit.

They finished above us due to having a better goal difference over the course of the season. The game against Livi was the same as all our games against Livi have been in the last three years, same as the one on Saturday, same as the one we won earlier in the season. Nothing in them and decided by one goal either way.  Would have it been better if we got knocked out earlier?

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

They finished above us due to having a better goal difference over the course of the season. The game against Livi was the same as all our games against Livi have been in the last three years, same as the one on Saturday, same as the one we won earlier in the season. Nothing in them and decided by one goal either way.  Would have it been better if we got knocked out earlier?

We were in 6th place until the last minute v Hamilton. Goal difference wouldn't have mattered if we hadn't capitulated so I don't get why you even mentioned it. Oh. Wait a minute. Of course I do. Your trying to put a positive spin on a very negative result.

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

We were in 6th place until the last minute v Hamilton. Goal difference wouldn't have mattered if we hadn't capitulated so I don't get why you even mentioned it. Oh. Wait a minute. Of course I do. Your trying to put a positive spin on a very negative result.

It's one game, a draw away at Accies was hardly a surprise, and certainly not the worst of the season. If we had got one more point in any games across the 32 before that we would have finished 6th too. 

13 minutes ago, David Boyd said:

Why? It would only make things difficult for us. Surely we want the old firm to beat everyone else but not us. Or is that too difficult to understand? 

:lol seriously.    Wishful thinking, but the next best thing to them not being there at all.   Think you have the problem understanding.

Edited by pod

• 4 weeks later...

Just read a piece about Goodwin where he says................

The manager, though, was unconvinced that team captains were an
essential part of modern-day football.

“The armband thing; I think it’s a bit old fashioned to be perfectly
honest with you,” he said. “Do we really need a captain anymore? Do we
need to have that type of person on the park? Every manager speaks
about wanting eleven leaders out there.

I disagree, the value of a leader on the park is invaluable, can show qualities to inspire other players, provide on field support to players and change games.

37 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just read a piece about Goodwin where he says................

The manager, though, was unconvinced that team captains were an
essential part of modern-day football.

“The armband thing; I think it’s a bit old fashioned to be perfectly
honest with you,” he said. “Do we really need a captain anymore? Do we
need to have that type of person on the park? Every manager speaks
about wanting eleven leaders out there.

I disagree, the value of a leader on the park is invaluable, can show qualities to inspire other players, provide on field support to players and change games.

Goodwin is a snake. Bigger than Ross ever got accused of . f**k em. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

Calm down dear. :lol:

It's the way things go, most managers would have jumped to a much bigger ship, let's not kid ourselves. 

Yeah, im fully aware.  The problem lies when certain club " legends" say shite to appease to supporters. 

• 2 weeks later...