The Jim Goodwin and Lee Sharp Appreciation Thread

4 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I'm not a gossip and I've no idea if it's true... sorry but that's my ethical line

There is absolutely nothing ethical about hinting that you have information that you're not going to spill.....the ethical thing to do would be to say nothing about it at all.

We have been here before. Best sorted quickly. If Aberdeen are keen then they may well agree a package before formal talks with Jim. The step up in salary might amount to over £200k pa over the contract term. No point in keeping what then might be an unhappy manager. Having said that I would prefer that he didn’t go.

If Aberdeen really want JG as their next manager then there's nothing we can do to stop it happening. 

It'll be all about negotiating the best compensation deal possible. 

Then we will appoint Jack Ross as his replacement and we'll be in a secure place in the premiership with a decent manager. 

WIN / WIN IMO.

Speaking at a meeting with SMISA members just last week, Goodwin said: "As in all contracts there's a settlement figure if I'm sacked or another club wants me.

"But it's not something I've thought about. It's still early days in the project.

"As long as we can see year on year progress and we still see ambition among directors then I'm happy here.

"And as long as the fans are happy with me too then I won't give anything else a second thought."

Hopefully true to his word.

7 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Speaking at a meeting with SMISA members just last week, Goodwin said: "As in all contracts there's a settlement figure if I'm sacked or another club wants me.

"But it's not something I've thought about. It's still early days in the project.

"As long as we can see year on year progress and we still see ambition among directors then I'm happy here.

"And as long as the fans are happy with me too then I won't give anything else a second thought."

Money talks though when it’s put in-front of you. 

6 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Money talks though when it’s put in-front of you. 

Liar, I sat for nearly an hour with a tenner in front of me and it didn't utter a single word.

I think Jim may be a man of principle. He could have came to us and increased his income but said it was too early for him. I reckon he won't go as he is holding out for the wigan job. 🙂

Edited by truesaint

23 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Hmmmm.

I fear such words come easy when there are no carrots currently being dangled in front of you. 
Hope I’m wrong though but I have a bad feeling. 

However the blow would be greatly softened if JR was his replacement. 

13 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Hmmmm.

I fear such words come easy when there are no carrots currently being dangled in front of you. 
Hope I’m wrong though but I have a bad feeling. 

However the blow would be greatly softened if JR was his replacement. 

If he is not going to jump ship for money the I doubt he will be enticed by carrots. 😀 I honestly don't think he will go. Would be a big mistake particularly just now.

A typical scenario in the life and times of our club. Just when we gain a little momentum in our season, albeit after a poor spell prior to the break, and a spanner gets thrown in the works. Not too dissimilar to when Ross left after winning the league. 
now that the approach has been made I only see it ending with us seeking a new manager. 
I’m not sure if it’s a good move for him at this point but that’s of no consequence. The important thing is the impact and disruption it could have on our team and club. 
Time will tell….

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

There is absolutely nothing ethical about hinting that you have information that you're not going to spill.....the ethical thing to do would be to say nothing about it at all.

So it's more ethical in your book to denigrate someone based on the words of one person you don't know very well and have not been able to verify it.... aye fine then

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

So it's more ethical in your book to denigrate someone based on the words of one person you don't know very well and have not been able to verify it.... aye fine then

Nope, I’d have kept it to myself and said nothing at all.

7 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
26 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:
Record claiming we knocked back £250 k for JG...
How much for LS added on top?
500k and they can have both

Can you show us where the Record claimed we had knocked back £250K for JG, as I can't/haven't seen that info anywhere.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/aberdeen-make-move-jim-goodwin-23105893.amp

40 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Record claiming we knocked back £250 k for JG...

How much for LS added on top?

500k and they can have both

As far as I read there is a £250,000 clause in JG's contract. Saints have told Aberdeen they can't talk to Jim until a financial package is put in front of them. That would be £250,000. Aberdeen have yet to match this. If they do, they will get to talk to Jim. I think they will go elsewhere.