Heaven & Hell Thread. Naw, Just Fecking Hell.

shull

38 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Have you taken to ranting about absulutely everything Shull? There are positives in your life I'm sure. 

Morning Thicko. 

If you go back to the first two posts, you will find no rants of any kind from me. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

Morning Thicko. 

If you go back to the first two posts, you will find no rants of any kind from me. 

Good morning young man. I just hope that you will, at some time, go back to being the positive Shull I saw on here when I started posting. 

He was a very positive guy with a an admitted hang up on the OF.

I'd love to see him back.

Meanwhile - This might be of help.

https://www.newsmax.com/thewire/most-popular-religions-sects-images/2014/05/01/id/569022/

Edited by St.Ricky

Popular. 

The masses are indeed brainwashed asses. 

Sevco and Celtic are the most popular Clubs , by far ,, in Scotland. 

Supported by millions. 

All rancid sectarian scum. 

Do they being popular enhance Scottish Football for the better? 

Edited by shull

29 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Good morning young man. I just hope that you will, at some time, go back to being the positive Shull I saw on here when I started posting. 

https://www.newsmax.com/thewire/most-popular-religions-sects-images/2014/05/01/id/569022/

Bullshitter 

Not a religious type myself but there's definitely a benefit to having a set of principles/values to life your life by.  

Each to their own imo. As long as you're not imposing your views on anyone else, or being overly extreme with your views to the point where you look down upon others who don't share your view.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

If you must.. But I am serious. You were a great poster.. Be good to see you back to your best. Just saying. 

You're a shite trolling poster as well as patronising and condescending. 

Most Religion's are actually fine they mostly teach love and peace with the odd threat to keep people honest like.... do as the good book says or you can say goodbye to your head. or my old favourite... your gonna end up in the bad fire. 

The real problem's start when you add people to a religion,  so for that reason i believe it should be on prescription only,  signed off by a psychiatric doctor and not freely available to everyone and anyone willy nilly like the wee blue pill that's my take on religion and i will stauner by it   :wink:  

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Most Religion's are actually fine they mostly teach love and peace with the odd threat to keep people honest like.... do as the good book says or you can say goodbye to your head. or my old favourite... your gonna end up in the bad fire. 

The real problem's start when you add people to a religion,  so for that reason i believe it should be on prescription only,  signed off by a psychiatric doctor and not freely available to everyone and anyone willy nilly like the wee blue pill that's my take on religion and i will stauner by it   :wink:  

Religions are wholly conceived and written by men. Unfortunately that means you can't take man out of religion and consider them on their own merit.

5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

If you add the supposed followers of those religions you get close to the population of the earth.

If you believe that almost everyone is actively religious then you are kidding yourself.

Do you ever think about what you post or subject it to a wee bit of analysis before you post it?

4 hours ago, Doakes said:

Not a religious type myself but there's definitely a benefit to having a set of principles/values to life your life by.  

Each to their own imo. As long as you're not imposing your views on anyone else, or being overly extreme with your views to the point where you look down upon others who don't share your view.

Agree with this although you dont need religion to have a set of values. Not sure you meant that anyway.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

If you add the supposed followers of those religions you get close to the population of the earth.

If you believe that almost everyone is actively religious then you are kidding yourself.

Do you ever think about what you post or subject it to a wee bit of analysis before you post it?

When I have someone else to do it for me? Actually, the figures given are all over the place. Some groups are included in more than one list. Hence....the inaccuracies. 

5 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

A list of "the 12 most popular world religions and belief systems" and they include Agnostics and Atheists? Agnosticism makes absolutely no claims about belief, it makes a single specific claim about knowledge. Atheism makes a claim about a LACK of belief on a single proposal, that proposal being "A god exists."

I'm not even going to get into the Catholics and Mormons not being Christians nonsense.

Absolutely right. A shambles. Double counting. Innacurate statements. All over the place. Just like the debate on here. Hence, why I posted it. Having shared values is important whether one is religious or non religious is my take on it. I have never argued for a specific religion or tried to convince someone who believed to disbelieve or a disbeliever to believe. Private choices. Also..its too easy to blame religion alone when we talk of our two big clubs. The differences are deeper. They are political and cultural. It's only 100 years since the Irish won independence for the South. Not long. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Absolutely right. A shambles. Double counting. Innacurate statements. All over the place. Just like the debate on here. Hence, why I posted it. Having shared values is important whether one is religious or non religious is my take on it. I have never argued for a specific religion or tried to convince someone who believed to disbelieve or a disbeliever to believe. Private choices. Also..its too easy to blame religion alone when we talk of our two big clubs. The differences are deeper. They are political and cultural. It's only 100 years since the Irish won independence for the South. Not long. 

^^^^^ Backtracking, kidding on he read and understood the link he hurriedly posted. :lol:

7 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

You don't need to believe in a sky fairy to have principles and values.

Religions get preferential treatment (tax exempt, bishops in the HoL etc.) and impose themselves on everybody at some stage of life (religious schools and school chaplains etc.).

We are actually lucky in this country that religion doesn't have the hold on politicians to the same extent as it does in the US. That is a country that is really f**ked up by religion. The NIFB, the Ark Encounter and the Creation Museum for example. You just need to look at all the States that have changed abortion laws recently. It doesn't help that their education system is crap. In numerous surveys, the majority of Americans believe that the sun orbits the earth, the earth is about 6000 years old and that dinosaurs lived with humans - yep, they think The Flintstones was a documentary. I could go on, but I won't - at least, not yet. :)

Anyway, long live The Invisible Pink Unicorn and Flying Spaghetti Monster (may he touch you with his noodley appendage).

I didn’t say you need a religion to have a set of principles / values tbf.

Personally don’t have a problem with anyone who wants to practise a religion, as long as they don’t impose it on me, or others. 

I think there’s a lot of truth hidden in religious texts, some fascinating books and an insight into what life was like in the past. It’s almost like a shortcut for some people to decide how they should live their life, I don’t have a problem with that.

I do agree that it shouldn’t be embedded into schools. The whole thing about tax exemption is pretty weird, recently learned that private schools are often tax exempt also due to being listed as “charities.” That says more about the system we live in than anything else though, organisations will always find loopholes to exploit.