Heaven & Hell Thread. Naw, Just Fecking Hell.

shull

18 hours ago, oaksoft said:

To be fair I wasn't hopeful that either you or Lucy would be able to follow a discussion like this. :P

At least I tried.

Try reading back what you said in the post. If you can't understand the concept of. You were told green was green and he was told green was blue means you would call the grass a different colour you really need to rethink you evaluation of your own intelligence. Well at least as far as the English language is concerned.

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
4 hours ago, jaybee said:
If you can't or won't see it not worth me trying to explain.

You are claiming that I'm telling people what they "need" to do. Nowhere in the post you quoted did I say, or imply, that.

I can't see it because it isn't there. You "see" it because you want it to be there. That, my friend, is how folk find religion.

Please refer to my original post .

thanks

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:
4 hours ago, jaybee said:

If you can't or won't see it not worth me trying to explain.

Oh I think it does need explaining.

You've attacked the man for saying something that he didn't.

Not as smart as you think you are eh?

Well all I can say is that which  I responded to Wendy ..........................big word for you my friend .......... implication  and if you don't see my point there is absolutely no point in explaining as quite clearly you are incapable of seeing something which you do not wish to.

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:

Back on topic ...

god's still a c**t.

Aye... the old songs are still the good songs, aren’t they?

John Lennon

”god is a concept by which we measure our pain”.

Although, in all honesty, from the outset, I always was astounded that what he seemed to sing was never... bleeped.  Listen closely...

god’s immutably a... c.....t

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:
3 hours ago, jaybee said:
Please refer to my original post .
thanks

You've tried to "take the moral high ground" in a situation that didn't exist. You've f**ked up, just admit it and everyone can move on.

That and Eh? with a smiley as a response just about sums you up, piss and wind and start a barny in an empty hoose. 

Simply because YOU fail to understand something ........................... I am therefore taking the moral high ground, you sir are off your fecking trolley

And the situation only existed because you are an argumentative wanker. 

put that in yer pipe and smoke it

15 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
16 hours ago, jaybee said:
That and Eh? with a smiley as a response just about sums you up, piss and wind and start a barny in an empty hoose. 
Simply because YOU fail to understand something ........................... I am therefore taking the moral high ground, you sir are off your fecking trolley
And the situation only existed because you are an argumentative wanker. 
put that in yer pipe and smoke it

As for the "Eh?" - in a single post, you agree with him that I didn't imply and then say that I made an implication. Talk about arguing in an empty house, you appear to be arguing with yourself in an empty head.

What don't I understand? Explain it to me - without lying about what I said. Are you saying that I don't understand what I said?

You asked what right I had to tell anyone what they "need" to do, when I never told anyone what they "need" to do. Show me where I said, or even implied, that in the post of mine you quoted. I'll give you a wee clue - you can't.

You talk of me not understanding something and you can't even understand the plain English in my post.

Coming onto a thread and blatantly making a false allegation, then trying to cover it up by claiming that others don't understand is really quite stupid.

Just show me where I said "need" or used a synonym for it in that post. Naw, didnae think so.

It only arose because I'm an argumentative wanker??? It really only arose because you made a blatant, demonstrable, false allegation - then couldn't admit that you'd f**ked up.

Are you, by any chance, related to a wee fat lying pipe fitter? You're sure acting like one.

You don't really need me; you seem to be having a good argument with yourself.       knock yourself out. 

21 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Just as I expected, you can't defend your comment so you make a weak-arsed attempt at making out you're above it all. Off you trot then, I'd rather talk to people who are able to at least attempt to provide proof of their assertions anyway. FFS, Sweep made a better effort at backing up his claims - that must really piss you off.

:booty

No people that piss me off are usually ones like yourself who simply want to point score 50 points to you satisfied. last word no more responses to you anyway even though you sent me an emoticon of yourself.     BYe.

32 minutes ago, jaybee said:

No people that piss me off are usually ones like yourself who simply want to point score 50 points to you satisfied. last word no more responses to you anyway even though you sent me an emoticon of yourself.     BYe.

Please let this be true. Then maybe we can get back to the interesting discussion we've had over the last few days instead of your inane bollocks.

Edited by oaksoft

I've enjoyed this thread, though I haven't until now contributed, it has, on the whole been well argued and interesting. For the sake of stopping it going down the pan in an endless " he said, she said" pointless argument I would have to say that Slarti at no point said what people need, and Jaybee, you'll have to just accept that and admit it, otherwise let's crack on with one of our better threads. Probably about time for some Jung or Neitsche quotes.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:
6 hours ago, jaybee said:

Please let this be true. Then maybe we can get back to the interesting discussion we've had over the last few days instead of your inane bollocks.

Edited 5 hours ago by oaksoft

Sincere apologies Oaky, quite obviously not up to the standard of YOUR inane bollocks, won't happen again...................................SIR.                     F cough

On 8/20/2019 at 5:47 PM, Slartibartfast said:

Just as I expected, you can't defend your comment so you make a weak-arsed attempt at making out you're above it all. Off you trot then, I'd rather talk to people who are able to at least attempt to provide proof of their assertions anyway. FFS, Sweep made a better effort at backing up his claims - that must really piss you off.

:booty

So, how are you getting on with the John Lennox debates with Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins? Hopefully you've not been so busy arguing with people on here that you haven't had time to watch them yet.

I believe you stated on the first couple of pages of this thread that no sane person could give a good reason for believing in God. The comment seemed to stereotype anyone believing in God as either insane or irrational.

Back to my question when I posted the John Lennox videos. Is Lennox appearing to you that he is neither sane nor struggling to give any good reasons for his belief in God?

On 8/19/2019 at 11:47 PM, antrin said:

Aye... the old songs are still the good songs, aren’t they?

John Lennon

”god is a concept by which we measure our pain”.

Although, in all honesty, from the outset, I always was astounded that what he seemed to sing was never... bleeped.  Listen closely...

god’s immutably a... c.....t

Was John Lennon not a heroin addict when he wrote that song?

All that's real is just him and Yoko... Ok whatever. His solo career began and ended with digs at Dylan, unable to handle the fact that while he had dried up creatively Dylan was touring and releasing Planet Waves, Blood On The Tracks, Desire, Slow Train Coming and even while he was playing house-husband and looking after Sean he was still on heroin and a nightmare to live with (ask Julian Lennon).

Can’t agree with you about his solo career.  Most of his songs on Double Fantasy were pretty perfect, I thought.  Resounded with me, at any rate.

I really liked him as a Beatle, even more as JL.

his solo career was ended soon after the release of Double Fantasy by what people on another part of this forum call, “a total c**t”.

Dylan has  not had that kind of setback...