St Mirren Trivia

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

Were we the first UK team to wear an all black kit?

Dont Think so Didnt Dundee United have one In the 60s when their home kit was all white

Just checked 62-63

Edited by Danny
update

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

It wasn't only the Baker Boys who were fabulous.

Still see her in that red dress and on top of the piano. Jings ---this was 30 years ago.

Throughout that film her character smoked heavily, continuously.

Doubtless smelled like an ashtray and was a very damaged person.

on topic...

was Mahrez not linked wi Saints?

can see nowt on his wiki page.

5 hours ago, antrin said:

Throughout that film her character smoked heavily, continuously.

Doubtless smelled like an ashtray and was a very damaged person.

on topic...

was Mahrez not linked wi Saints?

can see nowt on his wiki page.

He was here. Borrowed a bike and off he went.. True. 

I would ask Michelle to shower and gargle.. 

There is a team here in Cornwall called St Merryn FC. Unfortunately, when people ask who I support and don’t realise that clubs outwith Celtic and Sevco exist in Scotland, they often mistake Mirren for Merryn and I have to repeat myself.

Saint who? [emoji469]
So there’s 2 fakes [emoji4]

3 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Aaron Moon is the only Australian player currently in the English Premiership who has scored for Saint Mirren against Oldco on Christmas Eve . A feat never to be repeated . .

That's rubbish....Aaron Mooy did it as well!!

On 8/13/2019 at 11:04 AM, shull said:

Ricky is the all time greatest St Mirren supporting bullshitter. 

Zzzzweep07 obviously sweeps the board as the biggest ever bore in the world of St Mirren. 

And probably anywhere he goes. 

And if St Mirren was a Village, the Houston Halfwit, Shooglie Douglie is the fecking idiot. 

Is this the saddest, most pathetic post in forum history?

Evil things happen when good people stay silent.  Well Shull you are nothing but a bully and I hope your stint in the sin bin is long for you are doing everything you can to ruin this forum.

Anyway, to pick myself up from the very low level that Shull has brought me.......

St Mirin, when not sleeping in thy Lord at paisley, what was his favourite three past times?

1) Running up and down a brae (later St Mirren's brae)

2)  Drinking Ale and Porter in the Terrace bar

3) Donating his bodily fliuds to the poor for sustinence during famine and Wednesday.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2019 at 11:34 PM, TediousTom said:

Is this the saddest, most pathetic post in forum history?

Evil things happen when good people stay silent.  Well Shull you are nothing but a bully and I hope your stint in the sin bin is long for you are doing everything you can to ruin this forum.

Anyway, to pick myself up from the very low level that Shull has brought me.......

St Mirin, when not sleeping in thy Lord at paisley, what was his favourite three past times?

1) Running up and down a brae (later St Mirren's brae)

2)  Drinking Ale and Porter in the Terrace bar

3) Donating his bodily fliuds to the poor for sustinence during famine and Wednesday.

It's in the running but, then again, so are some of mine. 

More trivia... I have a 1959 Cup Final GLass Mug. I had an embroidered handkerchief. I have a 1987 small size wall mirror. One of my sons has the Jersey Hugh Murray threw inro the crowd after his final game. 

16 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

More trivia... I have a 1959 Cup Final GLass Mug. I had an embroidered handkerchief. I have a 1987 small size wall mirror. One of my sons has the Jersey Hugh Murray threw inro the crowd after his final game. 

No u don't.

17 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Literally everyone has one of those. There's so many of them kicking about I'm sure they were still mass producing them into the 80s.

51 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Literally everyone has one of those. There's so many of them kicking about I'm sure they were still mass producing them into the 80s.

I think they might have! 

The Hugh Murray Jersey is the most treasured item. He threw it into the crowd at the end of the game and was caught by one of my sons. The three of us had been at the game in Stirling when Shuggie scored to prevent us slipping down to the third level in Scottish Football so he was already a legend. 

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

My wife does,                                     

Me   :lol:

I qualify on the chauffeur part and I suppose that having been her carer for 40 plus years might qualify me as her chief cook and bottle washer and personal assistant. 

4 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Geez one then, I huvny got one

I have got a mug with the 06/07 team on it - would have gone up in price with the return on Broadfoot but the handle is fecking broken!

Maybe Cocky could let you have one... If.. If.. He has two. Who am I to doubt it?