Closed Day Sunday 25/8/2019

Lord Pityme

Pre-Match Entertainment for 'Closed Day 25/08/2019'

11:00 - Pin A Tail on The Bigot... (easy one with thousands of targets for the kids)

11:30 - QUEEN...! salute practice (marching optional)

11:45 - Lets get this Party Started... Scotlands Top Lionel Richie tribute act - Dancing On The Disabled Ceiling

12:00 - Sing-A-Long-A Sectarianism classics... all your favourites incl 'Pope Francis.. you know what you are!'

12:15 - Tina Turner tribute "Sectarian in a Vest"... belt out 'That Song..'

12:35 - No Ticket/No Problemo! As we invite anyone outside the stadium to storm right in!

On 8/13/2019 at 7:05 PM, shull said:

You don't comprehend anything anybody posts.

All St Mirren fans would not be guilty if W7 started singing sectarian songs, because decent saints fans and the Club would make sure the culprits would be removed from the stadium, for life , I hope.

At Ibrox and Parkhead, none of the Scum are condemned. If anything, they are encouraged and both Clubs revel in the money.

Never heard any saints fan condone the coin thrower.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is their problem that they both refuse to address every single season. Both clubs can but wont change this anytime soon.

35 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Pre-Match Entertainment for 'Closed Day 25/08/2019'

11:00 - Pin A Tail on The Bigot... (easy one with thousands of targets for the kids)

11:30 - QUEEN...! salute practice (marching optional)

11:45 - Lets get this Party Started... Scotlands Top Lionel Richie tribute act - Dancing On The Disabled Ceiling

12:00 - Sing-A-Long-A Sectarianism classics... all your favourites incl 'Pope Francis.. you know what you are!'

12:15 - Tina Turner tribute "Sectarian in a Vest"... belt out 'That Song..'

12:35 - No Ticket/No Problemo! As we invite anyone outside the stadium to storm right in!

I have to admit that this is one of your best posts. Humour is a great weapon. 

4 hours ago, thomsons dropped it said:

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is their problem that they both refuse to address every single season. Both clubs can but wont change this anytime soon.

Also, every time these incidents are pointed out, it’s either not their fault (such as storming the gates at Killie wasn’t Sevco’s fault) or they mention something their rivals did (disabled roof? But Celtic had a nasty banner). If both these clubs actually grew some balls and accepted responsibility for their fans and their actions, our game would be a much better place. The SFA don’t help with their completely blind attitude towards it. The only time we see anything happen is when UEFA punish them on a European level.

11 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Also, every time these incidents are pointed out, it’s either not their fault (such as storming the gates at Killie wasn’t Sevco’s fault) or they mention something their rivals did (disabled roof? But Celtic had a nasty banner). If both these clubs actually grew some balls and accepted responsibility for their fans and their actions, our game would be a much better place. The SFA don’t help with their completely blind attitude towards it. The only time we see anything happen is when UEFA punish them on a European level.

Strict liability perhaps? 

45 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

A 5000 euro fine is no punishment for those vile clubs. 

Shutting their Stadiums, then maybe booting them out of football would be marvellous. 

No Authority in Scotland is going to punish the cnuts. 

16 minutes ago, shull said:

A 5000 euro fine is no punishment for those vile clubs. 

Shutting their Stadiums, then maybe booting them out of football would be marvellous. 

No Authority in Scotland is going to punish the cnuts. 

All clubs, including ours, should have strict liabity imposed. 

I disagree. Let's penalise bad behaviour with points deductions. It's the only punishment that will force clubs to make the changes that clearly need to be made.

Sectarian songs and racial abuse of players would disappear overnight. From our wee "diddy" league, but also from European matches and Internationals.

I know the SFA don't have the balls (they should), but perhaps UEFA will.

Just now, turrabuddie said:

I disagree. Let's penalise bad behaviour with points deductions. It's the only punishment that will force clubs to make the changes that clearly need to be made.

Sectarian songs and racial abuse of players would disappear overnight. From our wee "diddy" league, but also from European matches and Internationals.

Actually Turra, I think we are in agreement. The first line should remain the League and then SFA who could and should use the approach used by UEFA in Scotland. If they don't act then local authorities should imo. 

On 8/13/2019 at 3:04 PM, Lord Pityme said:

Depressing TV pictures being beamed around the world of our stadium dominated by sectarianism. And our board arranged it!

🤣

The state of this.

Whilst I’m very much in the get them to f**k school, I really don’t think “the world” gives a flying f**k. In fact I doubt very much that anyone other than St. Mirren fans do.

I can just imagine wee Sergei sitting in his hoose in St. Petersburg watching the St. Mirren v Rangers game thinking “that’s a bloody damn disgrace the Murn giving two ends of their stadium to Rangers fans”. 

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

🤣

The state of this.

Whilst I’m very much in the get them to f**k school, I really don’t think “the world” gives a flying f**k. In fact I doubt very much that anyone other than St. Mirren fans do.

I can just imagine wee Sergei sitting in his hoose in St. Petersburg watching the St. Mirren v Rangers game thinking “that’s a bloody damn disgrace the Murn giving two ends of their stadium to Rangers fans”. 

Not like you to avoid the obvious! Lol

its what they will be singing, and pitch excursions etc... glad you still love me though x

On 8/15/2019 at 6:42 PM, turrabuddie said:

100% correct have been saying the same thing for a while. Soon clean up the old firm fans. 

On 8/15/2019 at 4:53 PM, St.Ricky said:

Are you really suggesting that club should be made liable for the behaviour of opposing fans? What bright ideas do you have for preventing the fans of the gruesome twosome singing sectarian songs?

If there was strict liability, every club including Saints would soon realise the cost of admitting the buttock shitebags was way more than their value to St Mirren.

we would be able to keep (at least!) the family stand for Buddies. 😉

and... generally not have them, at all.

it would be win/win.

saints needn’t host them AND  they might learn from that and join civilisation..

100% correct have been saying the same thing for a while. Soon clean up the old firm fans. 
Does anyone know if the SFA has ever considered points deductions ? Or has been approached by concerned members to introduce it ?
Maybe that's the way to go - for supporters to force their club chairman to push to get this on the agenda at SFA meetings.

21 hours ago, antrin said:

If there was strict liability, every club including Saints would soon realise the cost of admitting the buttock shitebags was way more than their value to St Mirren.

we would be able to keep (at least!) the family stand for Buddies. 😉

and... generally not have them, at all.

it would be win/win.

saints needn’t host them AND  they might learn from that and join civilisation..

We would certainly be able to keep the family stand sectarian-free but according to the rules we could not completely exclude them from the ground without the authority of the SPFL board. Under strict liability we would still be liable for the their behaviour.

Admission Prices, Admission to Grounds and Ticket Distribution

I26 The Home Club, in its absolute discretion, shall determine admission charges for League Matches and, except for Premiership/Championship Play-Off Matches where the minimum ticket/admission prices specified in or consented to by the Board and the ticketing and admission arrangements all in terms of Rules C26A and C26B shall be charged and applied by the relevant Home Club, Play-Off Matches.

I27 The Home club must make provision for the admission of such reasonable number of visiting supporters at every home League Match and Play-Off Match as may be agreed in advance with the Visiting Club and, in the event of their being unable to agree such number not later than 14 days prior to the date of the League Match or Play-Off Match in question, the number of visiting supporters allowed shall be determined by the Board whose decision shall be final and binding.

Edited by smcc

Is this how to treat the only people who MAY..! Turn up and support the Buds in 10, 20, 30, years time..?

"Any Family Stand season ticket holder who misses the Friday deadline and buys a ticket on the day will have to pay full price of £27 for adults and £17 for concessions."

As well as any families with children who may have turned up on the day. 

Anyone still think that our board isnt Out of Touch with reality???

48 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Is this how to treat the only people who MAY..! Turn up and support the Buds in 10, 20, 30, years time..?

"Any Family Stand season ticket holder who misses the Friday deadline and buys a ticket on the day will have to pay full price of £27 for adults and £17 for concessions."

Original deadline was 11th August for Family stand ST holders to move.

So this is either a generous wee token to their worth or ticket sales are poor.

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/3021-rangers-tickets-on-sale-to-family-stand-season-ticket-holders-3

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

But but, it only worked out at about £5-50 per game for a kid, if turning up at all other games someone said    :whistle

51 minutes ago, alanb said:

Original deadline was 11th August for Family stand ST holders to move.

So this is either a generous wee token to their worth or ticket sales are poor.

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/3021-rangers-tickets-on-sale-to-family-stand-season-ticket-holders-3

I wôuld guess the take up is poor, and instead of making it the same price for all families/concessions and adults! The club are trying a piecemeal approach. They were told it would back fire on them, and the decision to screw the fans over is hitting them in the pocket! Hell mend them!