Closed Day Sunday 25/8/2019

Lord Pityme

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Is this how to treat the only people who MAY..! Turn up and support the Buds in 10, 20, 30, years time..?

"Any Family Stand season ticket holder who misses the Friday deadline and buys a ticket on the day will have to pay full price of £27 for adults and £17 for concessions."

As well as any families with children who may have turned up on the day. 

Anyone still think that our board isnt Out of Touch with reality???

Me. 

simple solution, don't miss the deadline. 

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

But but, it only worked out at about £5-50 per game for a kid, if turning up at all other games someone said    :whistle

And it's true. People are trolling over arguments that have been done to death & asking leading questions. What it boils down to it the club do ample in order to give great deals for our young fans. We are still a business & still need to make tough business decisions. People having an idealistic view doesn't change that. 

And it's true. People are trolling over arguments that have been done to death & asking leading questions. What it boils down to it the club do ample in order to give great deals for our young fans. We are still a business & still need to make tough business decisions. People having an idealistic view doesn't change that. 

Making money from the exploitation of sectarianism isn’t a tough business decision. It’s an easy business decision.

Taking a long term view and not allowing any Old Firm fans to attend is a tough business decision.

Encouraging supporters to boycott is a tough business decision.

9 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Making money from the exploitation of sectarianism isn’t a tough business decision. It’s an easy business decision.

Taking a long term view and not allowing any Old Firm fans to attend is a tough business decision.

Yes, I don't understand this "tough business decision" shite either.

If you value money more than anything else then allowing the OF two stands is the easiest decision you'll ever make in your life.

Pretty sure Gordon has not lost a single second of sleep over this.

I won't lie. The longer this goes on the more angry I am getting about it.

Edited by oaksoft

10 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Even simpler solution, boycott the game.

If everyone boycotted these games then change would happen and the Old Firm would cease to exist and sectarianism in Scotland would end.

As long as fans keep going to these games then nothing will change.

I agree, that would be amazing. If it was up to me I’d have them leaving today. Harsh reality is it won’t happen, too much has to change for it to. We need to make the best of the situation we’re in. 

6 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

First one is a tough business decision in regards to its lack of popularity (note that isn’t me saying fans won’t grudgingly agree it’s the right call)

The last two would be near suicidal business decisions in the current & likely ongoing climate. 

26 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yes, I don't understand this "tough business decision" shite either.

If you value money more than anything else then allowing the OF two stands is the easiest decision you'll ever makesin your life.

Pretty sure Gordon has not lost a single second of sleep over this.

I won't lie. The longer this goes on the more angry I am getting about it.

We keep hearing how important the support is Jim Goodwin and his players call us the extra man in the team through interviews on buddie vision. Gordon Scott is not hearing it from us the supporters.  What is the role of a SMISA member voted onto the board for if not a bridge between fans and board ? 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

What if the kid can only make a few games a season due to his dad working on matchday ? 

You would then be talking about a lot more cash per games if you want to play about with numbers.

Fact is the club is taking the piss over kids prices. 

Better 1 kid paying £3 than none paying £17. 

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What if the kid can only make a few games a season due to his dad working on matchday ? 

You would then be talking about a lot more cash per games if you want to play about with numbers.

Fact is the club is taking the piss over kids prices. 

Better 1 kid paying £3 than none paying £17. 

And what if the kids family are multi- millionaires & can afford much more? What if the Celtic/ Rangers games are the ones they can't make? What if they get other games for free because of the other initiatives we give? What if they're season ticket holders and as per the earlier point can make the Friday deadline & are free given one of or initiatives?

what ifs are what ifs. Again we're a business and need to make business decisions, they won't all be 100% popular with 100% of fans but that's life. 

Fact is St Mirren offer a number of options for young fans to go to games, we have ticket options for young fans that allow them to attend every home game of the season including four games against the bigots (if we finished in the same six as them) for £20 a season, that's amazing value. Singling out the 'what ifs' that represent the most expensive sequence of events is needlessly negative IMO. We have an option that allows for five people (two adults) to attend all home games including up to four bigots games for the equivalent of £6.67 each for crying out loud!

Its the most easy, lazy and lowlife way to make a decision you repeated time and again in open forum that you would never make before consulting the support!

Killie have made the tough decision to forego the "Bigot Buck" and build a Family Club for the community. Funny thing is we used to win awards for that, how is enabling bigotry, at the expense of turning away the fans of tomorrow a 'Tough Business Decision'?

with the ever mocing deadline for family stand ST holders to buy a ticket for Sunday its evident that ticket sales have taken another hit, and its proving to be a "Money Losing' decision to accommodate Sectarianism!

the board are out of touch with what they are trying to charge, and devoid of any business acumen! 

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Its the most easy, lazy and lowlife way to make a decision you repeated time and again in open forum that you would never make before consulting the support!

Killie have made the tough decision to forego the "Bigot Buck" and build a Family Club for the community. Funny thing is we used to win awards for that, how is enabling bigotry, at the expense of turning away the fans of tomorrow a 'Tough Business Decision'?

with the ever mocing deadline for family stand ST holders to buy a ticket for Sunday its evident that ticket sales have taken another hit, and its proving to be a "Money Losing' decision to accommodate Sectarianism!

the board are out of touch with what they are trying to charge, and devoid of any business acumen! 

79554072-DF37-4D98-AAED-7FEB9D07307C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We keep hearing how important the support is Jim Goodwin and his players call us the extra man in the team through interviews on buddie vision. Gordon Scott is not hearing it from us the supporters.  What is the role of a SMISA member voted onto the board for if not a bridge between fans and board ? 

You keep saying "we", you part of the management now?

44 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

You keep saying "we", you part of the management now?

We means the general support who listen to management and playing staff interviews on buddie vision. Rather than beating about the bush speak up on your point of view. Most fans dont want the old firm fans moving season ticket holders out the family stand. I dont like it but was prepaird to understand the financial side for the playing budget. Now after weeks of debate I'm on the side no old firm fans in the family stand. Second point why have a SMISA member voted by its members onto the boardroom not take up the case regarding the family stand for its members. I was under the impression the SMISA board member would be the bridge link on a subject clearly at the top of the agenda tree for fans rather than this subject being brushed under the carpet in the boardroom.  

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We means the general support who listen to management and playing staff interviews on buddie vision. Rather than beating about the bush speak up on your point of view. Most fans dont want the old firm fans moving season ticket holders out the family stand. I dont like it but was prepaird to understand the financial side for the playing budget. Now after weeks of debate I'm on the side no old firm fans in the family stand. Second point why have a SMISA member voted by its members onto the boardroom not take up the case regarding the family stand for its members. I was under the impression the SMISA board member would be the bridge link on a subject clearly at the top of the agenda tree for fans rather than this subject being brushed under the carpet in the boardroom.  

The smisa rep is issued with a broom on appointment, just for that very purpose!

3 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

But if we sold season tickets for every part of the ground then it's a different story as we have no segregation

Unfortunately not.

I28 A section of the ground must be reserved for supporters of the Visiting Club and any tickets for League Matches and Play-Off Matches must be distributed on that basis. Details of these arrangements should be publicised by the Clubs concerned in advance.

10 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

So how about a massive banner on the west stand declaring we are against sectarianism, gets the visual message across and would be a statement of what is right and reasonable that not even the football authorities could disagree with......oh wait..!

This would be a fine idea, the fans of SMFC I'm sure are near universally behind no sectarianism or other forms of bigotry in football. However I do fear it would fall on deaf ears, like you say about the football authorities. Their main priority is & likely will continue to be for the foreseeable future, the protection of their most profitable assets, Celtic & Sevco.  

To link it back to other points, we do need to be cautious. Bigotry in football and the stand arrangement are two separate issues. Seeing the benefit in the two stands arrangement under the current climate is in no way fans supporting or advocating bigoted behaviour. 

41 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

So how about a massive banner on the west stand declaring we are against sectarianism, gets the visual message across and would be a statement of what is right and reasonable that not even the football authorities could disagree with......oh wait..!

Since the chairman spat the dummy when the fans put up a poster poking a bit of fun at the Morton fans, there is no way he would allow that to happen  :lol:

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

And what if the kids family are multi- millionaires & can afford much more? What if the Celtic/ Rangers games are the ones they can't make? What if they get other games for free because of the other initiatives we give? What if they're season ticket holders and as per the earlier point can make the Friday deadline & are free given one of or initiatives?

what ifs are what ifs. Again we're a business and need to make business decisions, they won't all be 100% popular with 100% of fans but that's life. 

Fact is St Mirren offer a number of options for young fans to go to games, we have ticket options for young fans that allow them to attend every home game of the season including four games against the bigots (if we finished in the same six as them) for £20 a season, that's amazing value. Singling out the 'what ifs' that represent the most expensive sequence of events is needlessly negative IMO. We have an option that allows for five people (two adults) to attend all home games including up to four bigots games for the equivalent of £6.67 each for crying out loud!

So no answer to kids paying £17   :byebye

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

I don't know where or how Waldorf thought you were referring we as management rather than supporters.

I believe ever director would be looking at every game for the benefit of the club.

And when I write club I mean finances and the fans.

Sorry guys that was meant to be directed at bazil85 as he says "we are  a business"

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Good post IOBS.

The SMISA board representative should be representing the fans as the very top priority. Not finance. Not mythical relegation/staying up nonsense. The fans. End of.

That person should not be there to "understand the difficult financial decision". He should be there to forcibly say that fans are not happy being moved. The reason for this is that nobody is representing the fans. They THINK they are but they are not. There's already plenty of people advocating for finance over the fans. We need someone advocating solely for the fans.

That's just my opinion and as I said elsewhere, the longer this goes on the more angry I am getting about it.