Poll - The Family Stand Debate

Saints seats or bigot seats  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

We keep seeing posters claim there’s a majority for this, against that, and others saying there’s no evidence to support the arguments. Granted BAWA doesn’t speak for every single Saints fan, but it may give us a broader idea of the preferences of the fans.

You’ve hit the nail on the head, BAWA doesn’t speak for everyone & the poll will serve no purpose. It’s just rehashing the same old, tired point that will not change unless we can get more SMFC fans to games  

Just need to have a look through the SMISA page then compare it to the actual votes to see that this vote is meaningless. 

52 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You’ve hit the nail on the head, BAWA doesn’t speak for everyone & the poll will serve no purpose. It’s just rehashing the same old, tired point that will not change unless we can get more SMFC fans to games  

Just need to have a look through the SMISA page then compare it to the actual votes to see that this vote is meaningless. 

Nothing will come of it but it will, and I'm sticking my neck out here, show the majority who vote are sick fed up with money being placed before dedicated supporters.

First response and dismissive.

Quel surprise! [emoji850]

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Nothing will come of it but it will, and I'm sticking my neck out here, show the majority who vote are sick fed up with money being placed before dedicated supporters.

That money could have been the difference between top flight & Championship football last season. What it boils down to for me is empty seats or an additional revenue stream. I don’t see it having a big impact on anyone really. But again all old ground. 

Just now, bazil85 said:

That money could have been the difference between top flight & Championship football last season. What it boils down to for me is empty seats or an additional revenue stream. I don’t see it having a big impact on anyone really. But again all old ground. 

If it suits your agenda then possibly, just as easily it couldn't.

Stop making things up.

Just now, faraway saint said:

If it suits your agenda then possibly, just as easily it couldn't.

Stop making things up.

I didn’t make anything up, making it up would be saying ‘it did make the difference’ 

it’s not going to change, the fans against it will just need to accept that. Short term, likely get a vote on it when BTB completes.

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I didn’t make anything up, making it up would be saying ‘it did make the difference’ 

it’s not going to change, the fans against it will just need to accept that. Short term, likely get a vote on it when BTB completes.

You're trying your usual spin, making out it was a factor, you tried the same tactic with Shull the other day, selective quoting to demean his point.

You're an utter waste of time. 🤡

Just now, faraway saint said:

You're trying your usual spin, making out it was a factor, you tried the same tactic with Shull the other day, selective quoting to demean his point.

This is where your point falls down. I don’t point things out as fact that aren’t fact, I can make assumptions, I can make guesses & often they’re based on pretty strong evidence but I don’t set myself up to be caught out. That’s where you interpret as spin when it’s really just common sense. :rolleyes:

As for Shull, I picked out the points from a list that I felt were ridiculous & even said in other posts some of his points were valid. The style of our strip & a decision made by a guy that is now four managers ago are not. Simple 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

This is where your point falls down. I don’t point things out as fact that aren’t fact, I can make assumptions, I can make guesses & often they’re based on pretty strong evidence but I don’t set myself up to be caught out. That’s where you interpret as spin when it’s really just common sense. :rolleyes:

As for Shull, I picked out the points from a list that I felt were ridiculous & even said in other posts some of his points were valid. The style of our strip & a decision made by a guy that is now four managers ago are not. Simple 

It's largely about HOW you say things rather than WHAT you are saying.

I cannot believe that, of all people, the Oakster is having to tell you that. Just sit and let THAT sink in for a second.

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It's largely about HOW you say things rather than WHAT you are saying.

I cannot believe that, of all people, the Oakster is having to tell you that. Just sit and let THAT sink in for a second.

I think people don’t like that I don’t make sweeping statements. A lot of people do that on here & leaves them open to being called out as wrong. For me it’s just common sense, a lot of what we discuss isn’t based on undeniable evidence so why put your head on the block? 

Some people do with comments like the DOF model has failed. GLS is a liar. SMISA are breaking regulatory requirements. SMFC don’t care about young fans. Paraphrasing granted but much is ridiculous & not based in any of the information we do know. 

9 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

"I think people don’t like that I don’t make sweeping statements. "

"A lot of people do that on here"

How the hell do you explain irony to someone whose head is made of pig-iron?

Are you saying a lot of people don't do that on here? 

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I think people don’t like that I don’t make sweeping statements. A lot of people do that on here & leaves them open to being called out as wrong. For me it’s just common sense, a lot of what we discuss isn’t based on undeniable evidence so why put your head on the block? 

Your first line of argument against everyone is ‘where is the evidence to show xxxxxxx’ you then go on and on about the lack of evidence. 

Your constant spinning and twisting and turning to try and justify you (or the boards) version of ‘common sense’ must leave you dizzy. 

1 minute ago, DumboBud said:

Your first line of argument against everyone is ‘where is the evidence to show xxxxxxx’ you then go on and on about the lack of evidence. 

Your constant spinning and twisting and turning to try and justify you (or the boards) version of ‘common sense’ must leave you dizzy. 

I'm not making an assumption though because I don't have the evidence. This is my whole point, it would be equally ridiculous for someone to claim the majority of fans are in favour of the arrangement, that's why I'm not doing it. 

Again back to my point, it isn't spin, I just don't assume things I don't know. Yes I will give an opinion on what I think is the case but where that is different from some others, is people actually making claims as fact that they can't know (See LPM call to action post for an example) 

I don't think I can make this any simpler. 

Maybe the only way round this would be for the club to charge £23 instead of £22 for walk up fans and a extra £5 on season tickets.

The extra money would likely cover the extra that the club gets when playing the bigots.

At £23 we would still be 1 of the cheapest ground in the top league. 

I see Livy are charging us £25.

18 hours ago, faraway saint said:

No need for any selective quoting to demean your point. You mange to demean any point you try to make very successfully all by yourself. It's a special talent. 

Back on topic... Pragmatism v Idealism. Pragmatism wins. But you can help change things, yes you personally. Simply buy a season ticket. Don't wait for the taxi driver to do it. Lead by example rather than by the volume of posts. 

41 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

No need for any selective quoting to demean your point. You mange to demean any point you try to make very successfully all by yourself. It's a special talent. 

Back on topic... Pragmatism v Idealism. Pragmatism wins. But you can help change things, yes you personally. Simply buy a season ticket. Don't wait for the taxi driver to do it. Lead by example rather than by the volume of posts. 

Thick bigot lover. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Maybe the only way round this would be for the club to charge £23 instead of £22 for walk up fans and a extra £5 on season tickets.

Why have the walk up fans to fork out more, when the season tickets are already discounted. :huh: Unless of course you meant £5 a game. :rolleyes: