Poll - The Family Stand Debate

Saints seats or bigot seats  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Nope.. You live in never, never land and your name is Peter. 

Don't know if I can take seriously a person who claims to know every famous person and travels to everywhere all at the same time.

The epitome of living in cloud cuckoo land.

Oh. And I did go to bed. I didn't sit and stew in front of a computer, then answer Cockles 3 hours later.

Edited by stlucifer

33 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Don't know if I can take seriously a person who claims to know every famous person and travels to everywhere all at the same time.

The epitome of living in cloud cuckoo land.

Oh. And I did go to bed. I didn't sit and stew in front of a computer, then answer Cockles 3 hours later.

You both seem to share the same fantasy. Me.. I live in the real world. 

8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

DB. 

You are talking about the present and past position. I am talking about a position where we vote with our feet and pockets, turn up in numbers and fill both stands on a regular basis. 

Ricky I get exactly what you mean. 

The Main and West are full of season ticket holders but the family stand isn’t. 

Between us there is one person that isn’t understanding the point and that person isn’t me. 

Nobody Saints wants to see one of our home stands being given away to the away support regardless of who it is.  But, if we cannot fill it ourselves, then the BOD have a duty to make a business decision which is right for SMFC as a business.

So, as much as I detest seeing the bigots in Our stand from a business point of view, it is a must. 

And that my friends is a FACT, whether anybody likes it or not. 

Until the day comes that we can fill it ourselves, it will continue to be given away.

Edited by Prague Buddie

4 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

Ricky I get exactly what you mean. 

The Main and West are full of season ticket holders but the family stand isn’t. 

Between us there is one person that isn’t understanding the point and that person isn’t me. 

They are not yet fill enough of ticket holders but my hope/belief is that, given a decent run, they will be

How about. Buy more season tickets and prevent the option being available at all. 
I don't ever recall the "option" being an option in the past but we done fairly well.

97 years in the top league of the country without placing money over morality.

St Mirren Football Club  support sectarianism, bigotry and hatred.

Forty Clubs in Scotland can solve the problem.

Being greedy cnuts, they wont.

Shaming the Beautiful Game.

Will never be back to shitehole Scottish Football.

23 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

Nobody Saints wants to see one of our home stands being given away to the away support regardless of who it is.  But, if we cannot fill it ourselves, then the BOD have a duty to make a business decision which is right for SMFC as a business.

So, as much as I detest seeing the bigots in Our stand from a business point of view, it is a must. 

Until the day comes that we can fill it ourselves, it will continue to be given away.

The main problem with this view is that it is the support we are letting take over parts of the ground.

Football clubs are not simply a business, they have deep emotional feelings that connect supporters with a club.

The clubs stance on this erodes this connection and can have a detrimental effect long term.

Could the club survive with reduced areas for the OF support, you damn bet they could. 

Edited by faraway saint

If we have to give them tickets ........

One/Fiftieth of our stadium should be the maximum.

Just what we receive at Ibrox.

Although, I am appalled and sickened that decent Saints Fans pay £29 to enter that cesspit and condone their bigotry and sectarianism.

Shameful

Edited by shull

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

The main problem with this view is that it the support we are letting take over parts of the ground.

Football clubs are not simply a business, they have deep emotional feelings that connect supporters with a club.

The clubs stance on this erodes this connection and can have a detrimental effect long term.

Could the club survive with reduced areas for the OF support, you damn bet they could. 

:thumbs2

27 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The main problem with this view is that it is the support we are letting take over parts of the ground.

And I never said football clubs are just simply a business. 

What I said was that it IS THE BOD'S duty to do what is right business wise. And like it or lump, it IS right business wise. 

Emotionally, it is completely wrong

Edited by Prague Buddie

42 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

Does that mean it is your view that we should fit all our fans in one stand and give the other 3 over to the OF? 

What about Killie, Hearts and Aberdeen who have in the past sold out the away stand, should they too get the family stand to see if they can sell more tickets than we currently do for it?

The board also need to consider the long term message that this sends to our young fans. ...... you are welcome unless we can fill the stand with OF fans....... not the way to build a long term fan base. 

The club and many volunteers have done a great job in generating a family atmosphere in the stadium and the family stand in particular. The decision to give the stand over to the OF with no tangible prospect of it being reversed is wrong and short sighted, indeed the propaganda that has been put out and swallowed by some of our fans does give me concerns that the decision may have been made with unrealistic estimates. 

2 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

What I said was that it IS THE BOD'S duty to do what is right business wise. And like it or lump, it IS right business wise. 

Many business's make decisions that don't make strict business sense.

More so nowadays with the public making decisions to part with their cash based on how a business operates.

You can't separate the business and emotional links in a football club THAT'S the key point in this situation.

Again, COULD the club survive without this decision? 

11 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

The thing is, it’s not a one man boycott. Loads of folk don’t go to games when the OF come visiting.

We’ve got this all the wrong way round.

Instead of inviting more OF along and therefore discouraging more Saints fans to stay away we should be stopping any OF attending whatsoever!

We need to get these clubs out of Scottish football altogether. Not encouraging them to spread their bile even further!

St Mirren should be first movers on this and start the revolution. Let’s hope SMISA has the bravery and foresight to do this.

Scottish football without the OF would be a beautiful thing.

We were doing so well. :lol:

i do however duly agree on getting the Glasgow derby out of Scotland. If it was my call, they’d leave today never to return. 

5 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

Does that mean it is your view that we should fit all our fans in one stand and give the other 3 over to the OF? 

What about Killie, Hearts and Aberdeen who have in the past sold out the away stand, should they too get the family stand to see if they can sell more tickets than we currently do for it?

The board also need to consider the long term message that this sends to our young fans. ...... you are welcome unless we can fill the stand with OF fans....... not the way to build a long term fan base. 

The club and many volunteers have done a great job in generating a family atmosphere in the stadium and the family stand in particular. The decision to give the stand over to the OF with no tangible prospect of it being reversed is wrong and short sighted, indeed the propaganda that has been put out and swallowed by some of our fans does give me concerns that the decision may have been made with unrealistic estimates. 

No that is not my view., and why would it be? We have enough fans to almost fill our 2 stands. 

It is up to our fans to start turning up in numbers big enough that those 2 stands are FULL. Then, and only then would there be an argument that makes sense. 

1 minute ago, Prague Buddie said:

No that is not my view., and why would it be? We have enough fans to almost fill our 2 stands. 

It is up to our fans to start turning up in numbers big enough that those 2 stands are FULL. Then, and only then would there be an argument that makes sense. 

Almost full....... so the board then have a duty to shove W7 to other parts of the ground and fill that part of the ground that was designed to house away fans? 

Also the logical conclusion of your argument is that the board should be taking decisions that will maximise the number of seats filled, irrespective of who fills them, I’m not sure that is really what you want your argument to be. 

3 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

That's unlikely to happen.

Despite some dreamers we have a ceiling in support so where we are is, IMO, close to that.

So, forget this idea we can fill the ground and focus on are the fact we doing a disservice to the actual fans, not the imaginary ones, who are being treated in a shocking manner? 

13 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

Certainly Hearts and I think Killie, Hibs and possibly even Aberdeen have previously utilised what was originally the overspill in W6 and W7 when they have brought large supports, this option was removed for all away supports to allow W7 to develop into what it has now become which in turn took away a potential revenue stream from the club. With my "business" head on that would be reckless to do without a back up plan and for all that I think it is hugely unpalatable to have either of the OF at both ends of the ground I can see the commercial sense.

14 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Certainly Hearts and I think Killie, Hibs and possibly even Aberdeen have previously utilised what was originally the overspill in W6 and W7 when they have brought large supports, this option was removed for all away supports to allow W7 to develop into what it has now become which in turn took away a potential revenue stream from the club. With my "business" head on that would be reckless to do without a back up plan and for all that I think it is hugely unpalatable to have either of the OF at both ends of the ground I can see the commercial sense.

So with your ‘business head’ on do you think the board should give over the family stand for these games too, to see if they can fill more seats there than are currently filled by saints fans?

I find it odd that some of the most vocal opinions against the family stand being given over to these 2 clubs, are by supporters that dont even attend.  Maybe if more fans turn up week in week out , we wouldn't be having this discussion. 

3 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

So with your ‘business head’ on do you think the board should give over the family stand for these games too, to see if they can fill more seats there than are currently filled by saints fans?

With my "business" head on I probably wouldn't have given up W6 and W7 when the reason the overspill was put in place was to allow an option to maximise revenue when larger supports visited. That said I love the improvement in atmosphere since the boys rocked up and do their thing but take emotion out of it and it would have caused a commercial deficit. 

I can't think that anyone outside the OF would fill the family stands with more people than currently sit in it. I don't like it, and don't want it....in fact I'd go as far as to say I don't want them there and bollocks to the revenue but that's easy to say as a fan. As a business they can't keep on making emotional decisions to financial detriment but I do think more could be done to try and encourage/incentivise our fanbase to increase the number of home fans at the ground that would nullify the necessity to "sell" the family stand.

I disagree.
It may well generate additional income short term... but IF it has an affect on your long term income stream then it is not necessarily right for the business!