Poll - The Family Stand Debate

Saints seats or bigot seats  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, munoz said:

I find it odd that some of the most vocal opinions against the family stand being given over to these 2 clubs, are by supporters that dont even attend.  Maybe if more fans turn up week in week out , we wouldn't be having this discussion. 

So, how many games do you need to attend to have an opinion? 

More fans, where are these more fans, in numbers to take up the numbers we are giving to the OF...........................IMO, they don't exist.

25 minutes ago, munoz said:

I find it odd that some of the most vocal opinions against the family stand being given over to these 2 clubs, are by supporters that dont even attend.  Maybe if more fans turn up week in week out , we wouldn't be having this discussion. 

I am not supporting and giving any more money to St Mirren while they support and condone sectarianism,bigotry and hatred.   

Also, our football tops are absolutely horrific. 

The Board don't give a damn. 

32 minutes ago, munoz said:

Oh dear, not the "i'm a better fan than you" angle?

4 minutes ago, shull said:

I am not supporting and giving any more money to St Mirren while they support and condone sectarianism,bigotry and hatred.   

Also, our football tops are absolutely horrific. 

The Board don't give a damn. 

Also remember that time Jack Ross rested a few players for a Challenge cup game? Burn the witch... 

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Oh dear, not the "i'm a better fan than you" angle?

No better or worse, just merely pointing out the simple solution is to turn up to home games and we wont have this problem. 

I hate the sight of these mutants taking over our stadium,  especially when it can be rectified. 

Liar, liar...

“You look at the Rangers game [at the end of the season when St Mirren gave an additional stand to the Ibrox support]. The right thing would have been to go to the fans and say “we can make X amount of money but we’ll need to move a group of fans, what do you think?” and let them have their say. It would never be in my interest to go against the fans’ wishes. Things like league reconstruction or going back to the Rangers situation in 2012 – these are the things that supporters will get to vote on. And unless I felt it was an option that would put the club in peril I would go with what the fans want. That is the whole ethos of this.”

from your chairman Mr Scott.

Ross should have been sacked for throwing the match against Raith Rovers. 

The Board as usual shat their breeks and made a cnut of it. 

That was a competitive match where nearly 2000 had paid money to watch. 

Just now, munoz said:

No better or worse, just merely pointing out the simple solution is to turn up to home games and we wont have this problem. 

I hate the sight of these mutants taking over our stadium,  especially when it can be rectified. 

Where, exactly, are we going to get the numbers you are trying to say could solve this issue?

That's a statement that has little, or no chance of happening.

So, the current numbers are close to as good as it gets, still happy handing over the stadium? 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Where, exactly, are we going to get the numbers you are trying to say could solve this issue?

That's a statement that has little, or no chance of happening.

So, the current numbers are close to as good as it gets, still happy handing over the stadium? 

The supporters are there, the level of commitment currently isn't. Fans turn out for Mickey Mouse cup finals and play off games- its trying to get them to commit to every home game. If we have a team performing well, that will change imo. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Many business's make decisions that don't make strict business sense.

More so nowadays with the public making decisions to part with their cash based on how a business operates.

You can't separate the business and emotional links in a football club THAT'S the key point in this situation.

Again, COULD the club survive without this decision? 

Has anyone ever claimed we wouldn't survive? Good chance we'd be surviving in the Championship this season right enough. And yep many companies do make decisions that impact their business financially short-term but practically always with a long-term goal.  Representational risk will always be one of the main ones on any companies risk register.

This comes back to the point, is the arrangement impacting our fan-base & young fans coming through at SMFC? I see no evidence for that given the season ticket sales, home crowds and general good feeling in areas like W7. Again there is also no clear evidence this decision isn't supported by a majority of fans. Dare I say the majority of moaners might be the old guard that have a reputation for moaning many things modern football? 

26 minutes ago, munoz said:

Agreed, but we need to remain unified to that end. Lots of people simply cant go due to jobs, family, distance, finances etc...

the point here is the club are actually discouraging the fans of the future from attending, and their parents. Which in turn makes people who would normally sit in the main & west stands to not fancy wading through the bigots, so they stop attending too!

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Agreed, but we need to remain unified to that end. Lots of people simply cant go due to jobs, family, distance, finances etc...

the point here is the club are actually discouraging the fans of the future from attending, and their parents. Which in turn makes people who would normally sit in the main & west stands to not fancy wading through the bigots, so they stop attending too!

A lot of people don’t see it that way, plenty of evidence the club is encouraging the next generations of fans to attend. Season tickets & crowds also don’t suggest much if any impact. Don’t let that get in the way of our idealism. 

2 hours ago, Prague Buddie said:

And I never said football clubs are just simply a business. 

What I said was that it IS THE BOD'S duty to do what is right business wise. And like it or lump, it IS right business wise. 

Emotionally, it is completely wrong

Well the BOD didn't do it when we played at the old ground.

17 minutes ago, Tommy said:

3 years old.

“You look at the Rangers game [at the end of the season when St Mirren gave an additional stand to the Ibrox support]. The right thing would have been to go to the fans and say “we can make X amount of money but we’ll need to move a group of fans, what do you think?” and let them have their say. It would never be in my interest to go against the fans’ wishes. Things like league reconstruction or going back to the Rangers situation in 2012 – these are the things that supporters will get to vote on. And unless I felt it was an option that would put the club in peril I would go with what the fans want. That is the whole ethos of this.”

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Says more about a person when they can’t let this go than it does about GLS. 

Should he have made the comments? No 

was he going to make absolutely no mistakes whatsoever in his first ever experience running a football club? 

No 

imagine people had brought up all your mistakes over the years. We’d never discuss anything else. 

2 hours ago, Prague Buddie said:

And I never said football clubs are just simply a business. 

What I said was that it IS THE BOD'S duty to do what is right business wise. And like it or lump, it IS right business wise. 

Emotionally, it is completely wrong

I think that the vast majority of fans get that, regret the decision being necessary and would prefer that enough people with St Mirren feelings turned up and bought the tickets instead. Simply putting their money where their mouth is would make this a non issue. Until then, the BOD have a judgement to make. 

33 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Says more about a person when they can’t let this go than it does about GLS. 

Should he have made the comments? No 

was he going to make absolutely no mistakes whatsoever in his first ever experience running a football club? 

No 

imagine people had brought up all your mistakes over the years. We’d never discuss anything else. 

In fairness it wasn’t a throw away comment it was used as a central point as to how things would be done differently.....I have some sympathy with the commercial decision that has been made but in my opinion GLS    should at least have come out and said why things have changed and that possibly his original “statement” was a wee bit foolhardy

6 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

In fairness it wasn’t a throw away comment it was used as a central point as to how things would be done differently.....I have some sympathy with the commercial decision that has been made but in my opinion GLS    should at least have come out and said why things have changed and that possibly his original “statement” was a wee bit foolhardy

Yeah I'd agree, a statement addressing these comments would have been nice at the time. It didn't happen and it was over two years ago now so I would say fair to say it could be pretty easily let go. Probably has been by most (if they ever cared in the first place)