Poll - The Family Stand Debate

Saints seats or bigot seats  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png "up to" emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Anywhere between £0.01 & £99999 then.

Doesn't back anything up. "Up to" is so nondescript.

Dearie me emoji2.png

Word spin away. 

7 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

& they are morally bankrupt.

I don’t think they are, I think it’s a very practical approach. Full seats over empty seats. That’s your opinion but it’s all it is. 

9 hours ago, DumboBud said:

Baz,

I’m not going through the whole liar debate with you again, suffice to say you were shown up. If you are back to the point you have just made above it shows that you have learned nothing in the intervening period. 

The April statement you were absolutely wrong about, no desperation or twisting here. It is only what you claimed was said not tying up with what was said. 

The six figure thing isn’t word games, it is either upto or in excess. I’ve always had difficulty in finding ways to calculate it in excess of 6 figures and have shown many times that below six figures is the only reasonable outcome. It appears you are now revising your view. If you had done that earlier it would have saved a lot of grief not to mention posts on the various threads. No word games here just your words. 

Now if you think any of the above isn’t correcting you then you are yet again wrong. 

The one thing you are right on is that I do get frustrated with you, mainly because of the number of discussions that you have ruined by turning them into right v wrong, escalating everything into truth v liars, or just a grind to submission.

The forum is meant to be about an exchange of views with people with a common interest not a battle of continually posting the same knee jerk reactions and accusing people of lying.

I keep stepping away from the forum because I know that there is very little point in joining in when that is the type of discussion that you continually turn things into.

Take a step back, breathe and think before you react to every post. You might find we all enjoy it a bit more then .

You have never once shown me to be a liar, your points above being wrong shows that. Again any time you attempt to show I’m a liar I will defend myself & it is so easy to do with your points. 

You can continue to play word games or you can read the April statement & do the calculations on the ticket prices/ seats to see I have been consistent. As for the GLS side, glad you now believe he has been truthful in his 10% player budget increase  

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:
2 hours ago, bazil85 said:
If you respond to me i’ll Respond back, you not realising that by now but still apparently desperate for me not to communicate with you is... well special at best. 

I know your neediness means having to have the last word. Always.

Seemingly a trait we share...

One of the disadvantages of having away supporters using W6/W7 is the sharing of some of the facilities within that stand.
Yep. I agree.
It was originally designed that way but is neither desirable nor enjoyable.

For three matches or so per season, it is the lesser of evils as far as I'm concerned though.

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:
4 hours ago, bazil85 said:
If you respond to me i’ll Respond back, you not realising that by now but still apparently desperate for me not to communicate with you is... well special at best. 

I know your neediness means having to have the last word. Always.

so you don't realise that he will come back to you whenever you respond to him, but you do it so that he will communicate with you?

Oh dearie me!

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

so you don't realise that he will come back to you whenever you respond to him, but you do it so that he will communicate with you?

Oh dearie me!

I have openly admitted I will so yes I do realise that. He's the one that (more than once) has pleaded to stop the conversations & even categorically stated he was going to ignore me. I'm more than happy to continue commenting, passes the day. 

Dearie me... 

Yep. I agree.
It was originally designed that way but is neither desirable nor enjoyable.

For three matches or so per season, it is the lesser of evils as far as I'm concerned though.
It's certainly not pleasant for the home fans sharing the West stand, but I would vote for it again to get the family stand back for home fans. The club would also be able to charge normal season ticket prices for that stand. Having the singing boys further away from the away fans might also reduce the amounts of police required in the ground.

2 hours ago, antrin said:

You both REALLY SHOULD get a room and share more in there....   :rolleyes:

Gaiunie dae that?

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

No chance.
I'd rather let the daft wee needy twat have the last word! emoji23.pngemoji12.png

Great!!!

Then gaunie dae THAT, then?!?!?      🤐

Pleeeeeease.....   :)

I admit I have not read the majority of posts on this, and other connected threads, and I want to keep away fans of all teams confined to one stand only. Do we need to have GS agree to keep our family stand home only if we manage to sell a certain number of season tickets there ? Same as the West Stand ?

5 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

I admit I have not read the majority of posts on this, and other connected threads, and I want to keep away fans of all teams confined to one stand only. Do we need to have GS agree to keep our family stand home only if we manage to sell a certain number of season tickets there ? Same as the West Stand ?

There’s never been a “if we do this, we keep it” offer for the Family Stand. We had that offer on the West Stand to keep W6/7 and we succeeded, but no offer has ever been made to the fans regarding the Family Stand. The problem is, they can’t offer it when the ST sales start because it’s already on a reduced price. In the meantime there’s no suggestion as to how we can actually hold onto it.

I made the point elsewhere that if we fully sold out the West and Main stands with ST sales, but only half the Family Stand, would the club still punt them out, knowing they had nowhere to go, but knowing they can fill a stand with bigots instead of having a half stand of Buds?

17 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

8 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

There’s never been a “if we do this, we keep it” offer for the Family Stand. We had that offer on the West Stand to keep W6/7 and we succeeded, but no offer has ever been made to the fans regarding the Family Stand. The problem is, they can’t offer it when the ST sales start because it’s already on a reduced price. In the meantime there’s no suggestion as to how we can actually hold onto it.

I made the point elsewhere that if we fully sold out the West and Main stands with ST sales, but only half the Family Stand, would the club still punt them out, knowing they had nowhere to go, but knowing they can fill a stand with bigots instead of having a half stand of Buds?

Subject has came up a few times & I think what it boils down to is an ideal situation vs reality. 

We are miles away from selling enough season tickets so that all holders couldn’t fit in two stands. Even with record sales last season at new ground, best estimate we are still a wee bit under 1,000 short (granted I don’t know exact sales this season) 

giving fans a target that almost definitely would fail is counterproductive. The reality is, this is the arrangement until we can significantly increase attendance. GLS has said as much in his April statement. (that it would be reviewed)