Poll - The Family Stand Debate

Saints seats or bigot seats  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Welcome back. Nice to see the power I have over you and your Arbroath Haddie pal ensures your reply. Keep it up. I get a laugh each time each of you and the Cock man do. Makes my day. 

:lol It's just not like you.

Edited by pod

16 minutes ago, pod said:

Surely if the West, Main and half the family were all STH, the other half would be used for our fans who pay at the ticket office. Wither they filled it or not. 

Getting kicked out of the stand is bad enough, but I'm sure they wouldn't get as low as kicking their own supporters out of the stadium. The repercussions would be enormous.  

My point in a nutshell. 

2 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

What would the club do if:

We sold out the West and Main Stands with season ticket holders...

But only half the Family Stand?

Knowing they can fill the Family Stand with mutants three times a season, would they still kick out our own fans knowing they wouldn’t be able to enter the West/Main stands, or take the financial loss and allow our own fans in the Family Stand?

23 minutes ago, pod said:

Surely if the West, Main and half the family were all STH, the other half would be used for our fans who pay at the ticket office. Wither they filled it or not. 

Getting kicked out of the stand is bad enough, but I'm sure they wouldn't get as low as kicking their own supporters out of the stadium. The repercussions would be enormous.  

6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

My point in a nutshell. 

What was your point again. :unsure:       I was only replying to Cornwall_Saint.

Let me be the first to congratulate you on surviving over 40 hours without messaging me after a desperate plea to be left alone. Is there a Baz equivalent to a nicotine patch that cold help you here going even longer or not at all? Cold turkey doesn't seem to be working. 
I'm sure he's made many other mistakes & learning's.   
Still counting the minutes.
How sweet. [emoji23][emoji12]

25 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Welcome back. Nice to see the power I have over you and your Arbroath Haddie pal ensures your reply. Keep it up. I get a laugh each time each of you and the Cock man do. Makes my day. 

Try again. 

Would it not be very positive for St Mirren and Scottish Football if Celtic and Sevco were removed ? 

2 minutes ago, shull said:

Try again. 

Would it not be very positive for St Mirren and Scottish Football if Celtic and Sevco were removed ? 

Now you never asked that before. All you did was make statements. To answer your question.. I would be in favour of them playing in a different league. Would it solve all of our problems. No. 

14 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Who has raised a point I have been making for some time. Good to see it  brought up by someone else who gets it. 

If your point was filling two and half to three stands with season ticket holder, it won't happen in our live time. 

Beside, I think he was questioning how far the BOD would go on allocation of stands. 

Edited by pod

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Now you never asked that before. All you did was make statements. To answer your question.. I would be in favour of them playing in a different league. Would it solve all of our problems. No. 

What problems in Scottish Football wouldn't be solved in relation to the two sectarian clubs ? 

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:
6 hours ago, Prague Buddie said:

Nobody Saints wants to see one of our home stands being given away to the away support regardless of who it is.  But, if we cannot fill it ourselves, then the BOD have a duty to make a business decision which is right for SMFC as a business.

So, as much as I detest seeing the bigots in Our stand from a business point of view, it is a must. 

And that my friends is a FACT, whether anybody likes it or not. 

Until the day comes that we can fill it ourselves, it will continue to be given away.

The main problem with this view is that it is the support we are letting take over parts of the ground.

Football clubs are not simply a business, they have deep emotional feelings that connect supporters with a club.

The clubs stance on this erodes this connection and can have a detrimental effect long term.

Could the club survive with reduced areas for the OF support, you damn bet they could. 

ffs

5 hours ago, Prague Buddie said:

And I never said football clubs are just simply a business. 

What I said was that it IS THE BOD'S duty to do what is right business wise. And like it or lump, it IS right business wise. 

Emotionally, it is completely wrong

No point in trying to reason with someone who is unreasonable............only answer to faraway is ffs.  😎

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:48 PM, bazil85 said:

Are you saying a lot of people don't do that on here? 

Mega whoosh!

Sorry, since it's you I need to explain.  You claimed not to make sweeping generalisations and immediately used one in your next sentence.

I dare say you'll now demand that I prove your statement was a sweeping generalisation, whatever!

3 minutes ago, shull said:

What problems in Scottish Football wouldn't be solved in relation to the two sectarian clubs ? 

As much as any of us might like them leaving to happen, it isn’t going to. Not without it being their choice & another league wanting them anyway. Pointless discussion.

2 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Mega whoosh!

Sorry, since it's you I need to explain.  You claimed not to make sweeping generalisations and immediately used one in your next sentence.

I dare say you'll now demand that I prove your statement was a sweeping generalisation, whatever!

Maybe I should clarify? (Genuinely thought this was very simple but should know better than to assume people will understand the simplistic on here) 

Some people make sweeping statements based on no facts or evidence. I don’t because it makes no sense to do so. Me saying people make statement without evidence is based completely in fact, just have to look back & see. 

9 minutes ago, pod said:

If your point was filling two and half to three stands with season ticket holder, it won't happen in our live time. 

Beside, I think he was questioning how far the BOD would go on allocation of stands. 

My goodness. My point or one of them was to have bought enough season tickets in the south stand to make it impossible to move the people to another stand. Already suggested that I would fork out for a half season ticket for an under 18 to help make that happen in early 2020

Maybe I should clarify? (Genuinely thought this was very simple but should know better than to assume people will understand the simplistic on here) 
Some people make sweeping statements based on no facts or evidence. I don’t because it makes no sense to do so. Me saying people make statement without evidence is based completely in fact, just have to look back & see. 
^^^^^^^
Sweeping statement with no factual basis alert!

Also irony and hypocrisy!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

7 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

^^^^^^^
Sweeping statement with no factual basis alert!

Also irony and hypocrisy!

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Are you saying I have no factual basis to say people make comments on here without anything to back them up? Has the whole GLS lying about the 10% increase to player budget chat been pushed out your mind? 

More lies from you I take it that you wanted to stop our conversing or have you just calmed down? 

Are you saying I have no factual basis to say people make comments on here without anything to back them up? Has the whole GLS lying about the 10% increase to player budget chat been pushed out your mind? 
More lies from you I take it that you wanted to stop our conversing or have you just calmed down? 
I wanted YOU to stop replying to me. That simple. Not like you to put your own spin on things!
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]