Poll - The Family Stand Debate

Saints seats or bigot seats  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Maybe I should clarify? (Genuinely thought this was very simple but should know better than to assume people will understand the simplistic on here) 

Some people make sweeping statements based on no facts or evidence. I don’t because it makes no sense to do so. Me saying people make statement without evidence is based completely in fact, just have to look back & see. 

Bullshit!

Being patronising and condescending is no way to dig yourself out when you have been busted

53 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Who has raised a point I have been making for some time. Good to see it  brought up by someone else who gets it. 

I didn’t make a point though, what I did was ask a hypothetical question - if we had a half full Family Stand where the fans had nowhere to go in the Main or West, would the club keep it as ours even if it was only half full, or go for the money and boot them out for a guaranteed full stand of bigots?

4 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I wanted YOU to stop replying to me. That simple. Not like you to put your own spin on things!
emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

And do you think following me all over the website is the best way to achieve that goal? I had stopped until you started responding (and asking me questions) to me again. 

4 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I didn’t make a point though, what I did was ask a hypothetical question - if we had a half full Family Stand where the fans had nowhere to go in the Main or West, would the club keep it as ours even if it was only half full, or go for the money and boot them out for a guaranteed full stand of bigots?

Correct. 

35 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I didn’t make a point though, what I did was ask a hypothetical question - if we had a half full Family Stand where the fans had nowhere to go in the Main or West, would the club keep it as ours even if it was only half full.

Yes. Any other scenario would be ludicrous.    

3 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

What would the club do if:

We sold out the West and Main Stands with season ticket holders...

But only half the Family Stand?

Knowing they can fill the Family Stand with mutants three times a season, would they still kick out our own fans knowing they wouldn’t be able to enter the West/Main stands, or take the financial loss and allow our own fans in the Family Stand?

I would put my house on Gordon continuing to sell the Family Stand excluding the OF games only now the price would be lower to compensate for the inability to re-house those supporters during OF matches.

He has made the decision to give both goal stands to OF fans and we should consider this to be a deliberate and permanent decision until he leaves the club IMO.

It's crystal clear by his actions that Gordon values £ signs more than he values anything else.

Edited by oaksoft

20 minutes ago, oaksoft said:
4 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

What would the club do if:

We sold out the West and Main Stands with season ticket holders...

But only half the Family Stand?

Knowing they can fill the Family Stand with mutants three times a season, would they still kick out our own fans knowing they wouldn’t be able to enter the West/Main stands, or take the financial loss and allow our own fans in the Family Stand?

I would put my house on Gordon continuing to sell the Family Stand excluding the OF games only now the price would be lower to compensate for the inability to re-house those supporters during OF matches.

He has made the decision to give both goal stands to OF fans and we should consider this to be a deliberate and permanent decision until he leaves the club IMO.

It's crystal clear by his actions that Gordon values £ signs more than he values anything else.

It seems equally crystal clear (to me anyway) that anything he does (other than what you suggest) will NOT meet with your approval.  Fair comment or not?

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:
1 hour ago, jaybee said:

No point in trying to reason with someone who is unreasonable............only answer to faraway is ffs.  😎

Since it is his most used, and most articulate post, you are right. 

It embarrasses me to admit it................. but I generally am. :wub:

1 hour ago, shull said:
1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

What are your problems with the OF numbered 1 to 3?

Forfuxsake 

It's like conversing with a talking arsehole. 

Feck off you trolling thick cnut. 

Naughty Shull, go to your room, do not pass the computer, do not respond with naughty words and do not drive your cab/taxi today and definitely no collecting £200.  😎

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I'll go further. 

I'll happily pay for an under 18 half season ticket when they become available. Will you? If so, then for around £28 with 1.000 others doing the same we can sell out that stand and test the theory. 

Money where my mouth is. 

Happy to start a thread to enable posters to signal their intention to the board if that helps. 

Good on you.  A generous gesture - as you believe it may do the right thing, I guess.

I have minor quibbles.

simply administering it?

Not to mention Accounting for it.

Some resistance from other Buddies.

Those like me, for example, who wouldn't dream of paying to share the same air as them, if avoidable.

So...

If I find them so despicable, I'd also be loathe to subsidise unfortunate recipients to have that inflicted on them.

You may relax....  I think the odds are slim of you having to put your money where your mouth is on this one.

"1.000 others doing the same".

I'd say 1001-1 against.

..... This whole sorry affair has made me more angry with the club than anything else has since my first season as a fan in  '67/'68. ....... (except maybe when they swapped Lex Richardson for Eric Sinclair) ..... Much as I would love to see our ground filled with our own fans every week,  I'm not idealistic enough to believe it'll ever happen, and I'm pragmatic enough to acknowledge that it probably never will. .....

1 minute ago, antrin said:

Good on you.  A generous gesture - as you believe it may do the right thing, I guess.

I have minor quibbles.

simply administering it?

Not to mention Accounting for it.

Some resistance from other Buddies.

Those like me, for example, who wouldn't dream of paying to share the same air as them, if avoidable.

So...

If I find them so despicable, I'd also be loathe to subsidise unfortunate recipients to have that inflicted on them.

You may relax....  I think the odds are slim of you having to put your money where your mouth is on this one.

"1.000 others doing the same".

I'd say 1001-1 against.

LOL. A worthy retort. 

I'd like an initiative like that to be sponsored by SMISA and the names of contributors withheld. 

I's not only Tony that has a dream. 

A real, live community where those who can help our those who might not otherwise be able to attend. 

Imagine. 

1 minute ago, suedehead said:

..... This whole sorry affair has made me more angry with the club than anything else has since my first season as a fan in  '67/'68. ....... (except maybe when they swapped Lex Richardson for Eric Sinclair) ..... Much as I would love to see our ground filled with our own fans every week,  I'm not idealistic enough to believe it'll ever happen, and I'm pragmatic enough to acknowledge that it probably never will. .....

I'm a pragmatic optimist if such a beast exists. My optimism is built on the premise of having a team in or challenging for a top six place on the basis of a strong home record. Add to that the kind of percentage increases we have seen year on year over the past 3 years and I believe it is possible. Understand though that some might not. 

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I'm a pragmatic optimist if such a beast exists. My optimism is built on the premise of having a team in or challenging for a top six place on the basis of a strong home record. Add to that the kind of percentage increases we have seen year on year over the past 3 years and I believe it is possible. Understand though that some might not. 

Your pragmatic optimism needs some work...

"Going for Gold!"

...is so much more punchy, evocative and inspiring than "have a team in or challenging for a top six place on the basis of a strong home record!"

I tried to give it gold, but it still seems rather limp...

Edited by antrin

1 minute ago, antrin said:

Your pragmatic optimism needs some work...

"Going for Gold!"

...is so much more punchy, evocative and inspiring than "have a team in or challenging for a top six place on the basis of a strong home record!"

Have we entered the Olympics?