Stadium today

I look forward to one of your family going missing.

It was meant as a joke BTW, maybe in bad taste but a joke none the less. Obviously what happened to that poor girl was terrible and the truth may never be known.
I’m pretty sure I’m not the first nor the last that’ll tell a risqué joke.
So I apologise if I upset anyone.

It was meant as a joke BTW, maybe in bad taste but a joke none the less. Obviously what happened to that poor girl was terrible and the truth may never be known.

Judging by your name

Can I ask on behalf of the British authorities

Did you have any knowledge or involvement in the ‘Novichok’ debacle [emoji2]

Judging by your name

Did you have any knowledge or involvement in the ‘Novichok’ debacle [emoji2]

Debacle it certainly was. To be honest (and this is my opinion) Russia had nothing to do with that. It’s strange how the Skirpal’s are free to travel back and forth to Moscow. From someone that spent many years in Russia, I wouldn’t listen to the negative propaganda spouted by the media and individuals in the government. The Russians I’d say are very nice people.

2 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

Debacle it certainly was. To be honest (and this is my opinion) Russia had nothing to do with that. It’s strange how the Skirpal’s are free to travel back and forth to Moscow. From someone that spent many years in Russia, I wouldn’t listen to the negative propaganda spouted by the media and individuals in the government. The Russians I’d say are very nice people.

Ivan Drago wasn't...

At least unlike some, you do have a sense of humour [emoji4] Cheers

Ps; propaganda it certainly waa

At least unlike some, you do have a sense of humour [emoji4] Cheers

Ps; propaganda it certainly waa

I mentioned a few weeks ago on another topic where a poster had asked for good book recommendations. I’d strongly suggest reading “War With Russia” by Stephen F Cohen, it’ll certainly get you thinking. Mr Cohen is a Scholar and Professor of Russian history and politics. It covers the “New Cold War” of 2014/2015, Syria, Ukraine, Obama and many others in the American and Russian governments, and the American propaganda machine.

12 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

It was very obviously a joke.

That shitty response from HSS wasn't though and it was completely uncalled for.

You have absolutely no reason to apologise.

I wonder if HSS will be man enough though?

Edited by oaksoft

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Seriously, oxter?

It was scarcely a joke - even you squeeze out quips that are funnier.

RS realised  and has apologised.  No need for another apology to his apology from HSS!

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I sincerely hope you and your family never have to suffer about a missing family member

If you do then be sure and let us know so we can all have a good laugh at your predicament.

Apologise?🤣

22 hours ago, Danny said:

Outlander filming in the Bull in yesterday Could be connected?

22 hours ago, HSS said:

It wasnt Outlander that was being filmed.Its an STV Drama called Elizabeth is Missing.

22 hours ago, pod said:

They were filming for Outlander on the High Street last month.

Filming for Outlander on a wee break at the moment. I did an overnight stint last Friday up in Perthshire.

18 hours ago, Russian Saint said:
19 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Judging by your name

Did you have any knowledge or involvement in the ‘Novichok’ debacle emoji2.png

The people might be but the state certainly isn't, they managed to reduce the population of the world by more than the nazis.........and that is ............ saying something. 

3 hours ago, antrin said:

Seriously, oxter?

It was scarcely a joke - even you squeeze out quips that are funnier.

RS realised  and has apologised.  No need for another apology to his apology from HSS!

I didn't say it was funny. It was clearly an attempt at humour. I am not arguing with you or anyone else on that score.

Strange how you oick on RS but not HSS's response which was much worse.

The people might be but the state certainly isn't, they managed to reduce the population of the world by more than the nazis.........and that is ............ saying something. 

Have you ever been to Russia or interacted with Russians.
I’m assuming by your response that you’re an expert on modern Russian history?

However. Just under 9 million military personnel died during WW2 with total Russian deaths at around 19 million, so I’m not sure your reply is accurate as to what the Nazi’s did.
My initial comment was on my findings from spending years there on the Russian people and Russia in general as it is today.

However. Just under 9 million military personnel died during WW2 with total Russian deaths at around 19 million, so I’m not sure your reply is accurate as to what the Nazi’s did.
My initial comment was on my findings from spending years there on the Russian people and Russia in general as it is today.

Russian sacrifice was huge and somewhat overlooked by historians, probably due to the iron curtain falling so quickly after the fall of Berlin. However there is no argument that Stalin was on a par with Hitler when it came to murdering civilians.

on a lighter note, Death of Stalin is an excellent film.  

4 hours ago, jaybee said:

I'm assuming you thought your reply so good you posted it twice, however having posted something which I had not bothered to research I find I must apologise as it seems Mr Hitler is believed to be responsible for around 11 million non combatants death whilst it appears that the Stalinist regime only managed around 6 million.

I was alluding to non combatants in my original reply and was basing what I said on various events in Stalinist Russia, such as the Great Terror, the deaths in the Gulags, and policy decisions made by Stalin such as killed around 3.5 million inhabitants of Soviet Ukraine in the 1930's (a genocide against a specific nation; who were basically starved to death. there were various other purges which were supposed to have dispatched around 20 million.  However as I said I find I am wrong and apologise although 6 million deaths is still ..................something, or do you disagree?

I realise that you were NOT referring to the past in the same sense that I was and my reply is perhaps slightly out of context BUT the same the Holocaust happened, so therefore did the incidents to which I refer. Numbers aside they are both truly horrendous..

Edited by jaybee
some addions