Forum Moderation - A Fresh Start

div

I've completely cleared the reporting system of all previous complaints.

Starting from today I've made a note in my calendar to review each and every complaint that's made via the report button (this appears on each forum post) at 0930.

I'll review (and respond) to every complaint made on a daily basis (even if on some occasions I won't be able to make 0930).

If particular forum members are being overly abusive they will be sent to the sin bin for a period of reflection.

If, upon release from the sin bin, they continue to be the subject of reports for being abusive, they will be permanently banned.

All previous sin bin suspensions have now been lifted.

You've been warned. Play nice, or fuck off.

• div pinned this topic

27 minutes ago, div said:

Starting from today I've made a note in my calendar to review each and every complaint that's made via the report button (this appears on each forum post) at 0930.

I'll review (and respond) to every complaint made on a daily basis (even if on some occasions I won't be able to make 0930).

If particular forum members are being overly abusive they will be sent to the sin bin for a period of reflection.

If, upon release from the sin bin, they continue to be the subject of reports for being abusive, they will be permanently banned.

You've been warned. Play nice, or f**k off.

Reported. :whistle

7 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Why dont you add a nonsense section so members that want banter and mischief can go in and cause chaos. If members are easily offended they should just stay out of it?

Good idea but is there not already a general nonsence section?

1 hour ago, div said:

Might also be an idea to post the rules of the forum again, what is deemed to be acceptable and non acceptable behaviour on the forum i.e. post building, threats etc

See if any members are willing to help moderate the forum(s)

Maybe create an OTT section where there are no rules except for maybe swearing and personal threats

I totally appreciate everything you've done for BAWA, maybe a wee bit of help monitoring it might get it back to where it used to be

6 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Might also be an idea to post the rules of the forum again, what is deemed to be acceptable and non acceptable behaviour on the forum i.e. post building, threats etc

See if any members are willing to help moderate the forum(s)

Maybe create an OTT section where there are no rules except for maybe swearing and personal threats

I totally appreciate everything you've done for BAWA, maybe a wee bit of help monitoring it might get it back to where it used to be

I'm in.........................you're barred. :wink:

5 hours ago, div said:

Sounds extremely fair.