Value For Money

BuddieinEK

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You have to laugh although it's way beyond a joke, that he's calling people a troll. 

Dickson was sin binned for less. 

You’ve got some weird fantasy about getting Div to act on my comments haven’t you? How’s it gone so far? 

Someone knowingly and willingly taking half a sentence to change the sentence meaning is a troll. I’m giving Oak benefit of the doubt that he might just be miss-understanding. 

You though in fact are a troll, been shown many times & no doubt what lands you in the sin bin. 

So... Getting back on topic...
Can't understand how this thread sounds like every other nowadays!

The original point, having had time to digest the information supplied...

For the new software...

£4,200 to set up a new system in the real world is fine in my opinion.

Can we justify a recurring expenditure of £300 every month though?

I believe that is excessive, unnecessary, and a waste of what is effective 25 SMISA memberships on an ongoing basis!

20 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

So... Getting back on topic...
Can't understand how this thread sounds like every other nowadays!

The original point, having had time to digest the information supplied...

For the new software...

£4,200 to set up a new system in the real world is fine in my opinion.

Can we justify a recurring expenditure of £300 every month though?

I believe that is excessive, unnecessary, and a waste of what is effective 25 SMISA memberships on an ongoing basis!

And to summarise my thoughts on it, I think we could easily have avoided the £4200 up front cost as well.

We don't need a Ferrari. We need a decent family sized car and I'm sure our support is perfectly capable of providing a more than suitable and highly experienced mechanic. If only they'd been asked.

Unfortunately it seems the decision has already been made.

Edited by oaksoft

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

And to summarise my thoughts on it, I think we could easily have avoided the £4200 up front cost as well.

We don't need a Ferrari. We need a decent family sized car and I'm sure our support is perfectly capable of providing a more than suitable and highly experienced mechanic. If only they'd been asked.

Unfortunately it seems the decision has already been made.

My view on it is no one really knows the full extent of our needs & if this system meets them. The message does mention it’s saving us hiring a member of staff & admin time so surely cost/ timing to be offset? 

This software will have a target audience or all companies would just get internal stakeholders designing fixes. (A minefield in the modern world of cyber security & governance) it’s not always the right approach and no one on here seems to know it is for fact  

We can therefore choose two paths on this subject. make negative or positive assertions based on what we know. 

Not difficult to know what a few will do given it’s a SMISA subject...

feel free to show absolutely anywhere where I’ve been ‘all over the place’

Where to start

Back on topic.

I have no idea about these things so would put my trust in SMISA that the system they've decided on, is the right system for their needs & will not be an extravagance that is outdated by the time the buds is bought.

Ahh, the time the buds is bought.

4 years (at the current rate). Now that is worth celebrating

35 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Where to start

Back on topic.

I have no idea about these things so would put my trust in SMISA that the system they've decided on, is the right system for their needs & will not be an extravagance that is outdated by the time the buds is bought.

Please, don't, just don't.

His craving for any opening to come back with almost the same post after post is beyond tedious.

Starve him, although he'll probably seek out other threads to murder. 

PS Can anyone imagine Baz in a pub.............................ambulance please. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

26 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Where to start

Back on topic.

Why have you quoted me in this? 

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Please, don't, just don't.

His craving for any opening to come back with almost the same post after post is beyond tedious.

Starve him, although he'll probably seek out other threads to murder. 

From the guy that went out his way to  start a discussion with me on something I wasn’t talking about. :lol:

same guy that took me off ignore for unknown reasons if he’s so desperate not to engage with me. :rolleyes:

On 8/21/2019 at 11:59 PM, div said:

On the face of it, in the age of cloud based applications I would tend to agree that £300 a month to maintain and manage a database of just 1200 members seems on the expensive side.

Sure the platform does a lot more than just CRM though and I’m also sure it’s been well thought out so look forward to seeing it in action.

Positivity at last. 

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I dont get a SMISA forum if no one from SMISA answers anything. Even a brief statement would go a long way. 

They put a very detailed breakdown on the email & on their website. Why would they respond with anything further to the same five negative posters for whom SMISA can do no right? 

24 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

They put a very detailed breakdown on the email & on their website. Why would they respond with anything further to the same five negative posters for whom SMISA can do no right? 

I'm not negative at least I dont think so. Due to my location and I'm sure other SMISA .members cant make meetings. Their has been valid points made on this thread including from an IT expert who has his own company saying £300 a month admin charge is excessive. I'm not slating anyone but surly advice can be asked for to find the right software at the right price. To me that is basic in any walk of life. 

10 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'm not negative at least I dont think so. Due to my location and I'm sure other SMISA .members cant make meetings. Their has been valid points made on this thread including from an IT expert who has his own company saying £300 a month admin charge is excessive. I'm not slating anyone but surly advice can be asked for to find the right software at the right price. To me that is basic in any walk of life. 

People are of course entitled to their opinion, for me it’s just frustrating that a handful of fans on here, their opinion on anything SMISA is always automatically the negative. We’ve seen there can be balanced questioning on subjects but that’s not what we’ve seen from the usual suspects. 

It’s  the way on here that some people wants to know absolutely all information about all subjects no matter how trivial (yes a £300 a month system for an institution that will soon inherit a company with a seven figure turnover is trivial, as is requesting absolutely all details no matter how small on honorary memberships) 

I made the point that this software along with many others that charge monthly fees will have a target audience & do people know for fact SMISA doesn’t fall into this category? IT experts or not no one has been able to answer that they do. 

Any IT expert as well should know the risks attached to building a system like this custom made. It is not a fix all solution as some people seem to suggest it is. The reason these systems cost money is partly down to security, accountability & incident management. You get none of that from someone spending a few hours building a system & handing it to you... unless you employ someone on a running basis to manage the system which I assure everyone, would be more than £300 a month. 

9 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Any IT expert as well should know the risks attached to building a system like this custom made. It is not a fix all solution as some people seem to suggest it is. The reason these systems cost money is partly down to security, accountability & incident management. You get none of that from someone spending a few hours building a system & handing it to you... unless you employ someone on a running basis to manage the system which I assure everyone, would be more than £300 a month. 

Meanwhile in the REAL world of business, the reason these systems cost so much money is because there are mugs out there prepared to pay it. Companies charge as much as they can get away with. The price they charge is in no way a reflection of the cost of providing the service or product to their customers.

The ideal scenario for any tech company is to have a complicated product/service and a low skilled customer who is easily convinced that he needs all the features "just in case". It's a classic sales technique which plays on the psychology of Fear Of Missing Out (FOMO).

3 hours ago, Yflab said:

It would be interesting to know how much the club pay Interstadia each month to use their software as a comparison.

afterall it’s an excellent system so it is......

Now hang on. You can't be criticising Interstadia.

I mean....they have the word "Limited" in their company name and have actual offices and employees and everyfink. So they must be good.

Sorry, just using the Baz methodology of not holding anyone at the club to account and assuming that having employees makes you a credible business.

25 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Meanwhile in the REAL world of business, the reason these systems cost so much money is because there are mugs out there prepared to pay it. Companies charge as much as they can get away with. The price they charge is in no way a reflection of the cost of providing the service or product to their customers.

The ideal scenario for any tech company is to have a complicated product/service and a low skilled customer who is easily convinced that he needs all the features "just in case". It's a classic sales technique which plays on the psychology of Fear Of Missing Out (FOMO).

So there are no reasons ever for companies to employ these IT systems, they have zero purpose & no company using them has noticed? I’ve worked for some of the biggest financial institutions in the world that have spent big bucks on IT systems. I’ve also reviewed companies small, medium & large that use various IT software with attached charges. 

All the senior management at these companies are completely wrong & custom built software is the right way forward because some guy on BAWA thinks so? 

The amount you play down cyber security is genuinely astounding in 2019. I’m sure Facebook, Uber, Tesco, & 10s of thousands more would have been more prompt in closing their cyber attacks with custom built software & no incident management accountability :blink:

interesting that your negative assertions are wider ranging than just SMISA & SMFC though. Although I’m sure your background allows you to make an informed call on IT functionality & suitability above all other company employed IT functions  :booty

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

So there are no reasons ever for companies to employ these IT systems, they have zero purpose & no company using them has noticed? I’ve worked for some of the biggest financial institutions in the world that have spent big bucks on IT systems. I’ve also reviewed companies small, medium & large that use various IT software with attached charges.

All the senior management at these companies are completely wrong & custom built software is the right way forward because some guy on BAWA thinks so? 

The amount you play down cyber security is genuinely astounding in 2019. I’m sure Facebook, Uber, Tesco, & 10s of thousands more would have been more prompt in closing their cyber attacks with custom built software & no incident management accountability :blink:

interesting that your negative assertions are wider ranging than just SMISA & SMFC though. Although I’m sure your background allows you to make an informed call on IT functionality & suitability above all other company employed IT functions  :booty

Unlike you, I have many years of experience writing commercial software as an employee for large and small companies as well as in a freelance capacity with some of the biggest companies in the world so I actually know what I am talking about.

If you have similar experience I am happy to talk but otherwise I have no interest in continuing.

I responded to your post because you were talking absolute shite yet again and it needed correcting.

By all means feel free to continue making up arguments about things nobody has brought up and then posting lengthy novels about them.

Edited by oaksoft

37 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Unlike you, I have many years of experience writing commercial software as an employee for large and small companies as well as in a freelance capacity with some of the biggest companies in the world so I actually know what I am talking about.

If you have similar experience I am happy to talk but otherwise I have no interest in continuing.

I responded to your post because you were talking absolute shite yet again and it needed correcting.

By all means feel free to continue making up arguments about things nobody has brought up and then posting lengthy novels about them.

I have worked in risk management & assurance for a number of years with a great deal of focus on IT. I’ve done a lot of testing on these types of systems so yes, I would say I’m quite well equipped to discuss the benefits of IT software. 

You say I was talking shite with your counter point being that all of these systems including the one SMISA has went for, are built on false marketplaces & are not required. Complete and utter negative, ill-informed rubbish  

I 100% guarantee you & everyone else issue management, accountability & security are major benefits in these types of systems & don’t believe your credentials for a second if you don’t think that exists with this kind of company provided software. 

If you genuinely believe there are zero companies out there that benefit from similar off the shelf software for similar uses to SMISA, don’t bother responding because you are far from knowledgeable enough to add any value to this debate.  

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Now hang on. You can't be criticising Interstadia.

I mean....they have the word "Limited" in their company name and have actual offices and employees and everyfink. So they must be good.

Sorry, just using the Baz methodology of not holding anyone at the club to account and assuming that having employees makes you a credible business.

Not that I’ve ever once made that point but we can use your much more logical approach where every single off the shelf IT software is a scam. Wait until I get my tin foil hat out. :lol:

were you born during the war by any chance? Technophobe 🤣