Value For Money

BuddieinEK

So... Getting back on topic...
Can't understand how this thread sounds like every other nowadays!

The original point, having had time to digest the information supplied...

For the new software...

£4,200 to set up a new system in the real world is fine in my opinion.

Can we justify a recurring expenditure of £300 every month though?

I believe that is excessive, unnecessary, and a waste of what is effective 25 SMISA memberships on an ongoing basis!
Tries one more time!

FFS stop spamming a thread I started with a perfectly acceptable (not default negative) question.

Playground is shut.
Playtime is over.
FFS stop polluting every thread!

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

I have worked in risk management & assurance for a number of years with a great deal of focus on IT. I’ve done a lot of testing on these types of systems so yes, I would say I’m quite well equipped to discuss the benefits of IT software.

You are not a software design engineer. You therefore have absolutely nothing to talk to me about.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Not that I’ve ever once made that point but we can use your much more logical approach where every single off the shelf IT software is a scam. Wait until I get my tin foil hat out. :lol:

I am not discussing this with you any further. I'm not in the habit of wasting my time with your level of stupidity.

13 hours ago, oaksoft said:

the reason these systems cost so much money is because there are mugs out there prepared to pay

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You are not a software design engineer. You therefore have absolutely nothing to talk to me about.

You seem very Elitist. The only people that know anything about software is the design engineers, not even the people that review the systems on a daily basis. I don’t agree with such right wing views but you’re entitled to them. 

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I am not discussing this with you any further. I'm not in the habit of wasting my time with your level of stupidity.

You’re claiming that all this software is aimed at ‘mugs’ every bit of it. You made a sweeping statement that proves your knowledge of this subject is nowhere near your claim. 

You getting defensive with words like ‘stupidity’ does not mask how ridiculous you have been. 

There really is a battle on BAWA for who is the most miserable poster and you’re putting up a fair fight. 

Edited by bazil85

On 9/4/2019 at 5:57 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I dont get a SMISA forum if no one from SMISA answers anything. Even a brief statement would go a long way. 

Because it's a public playground...sorry forum, not an official SMISA forum. Why should they get caught up on all the madness and loonies, when they can simply reply via email or take a phone call to an enquiry. All this section of the forum seems to bring, is by the large part, people shooting down anything SMISA are doing.

Just read the email that has arrived in connection with signing up for the new SMISA database. Thought I'd read the Privacy Policy that you are asked to accept. Point of notice on the Privacy Policy is that it doesn't address the new database within it, so this needs fixed before asking people to accept the policy if data is going to be held on systems/places that are different from prescribed

13 minutes ago, madball said:

Just read the email that has arrived in connection with signing up for the new SMISA database. Thought I'd read the Privacy Policy that you are asked to accept. Point of notice on the Privacy Policy is that it doesn't address the new database within it, so this needs fixed before asking people to accept the policy if data is going to be held on systems/places that are different from prescribed

Bet you’re fun at parties... 

Fair point, especially as compliance with GDPR legislation was one of the factors given to justify the expenditure.

4 minutes ago, madball said:

Never claimed to be, but thanks for the call-out.

And this was not a "SMISA bad" post, but rather let's get it right and make sure that the organisation and more importantly it's members are adequately protected

He doesn't understand the difference.

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Invite me to the next positivity party you attend, I'll bring my own Pamper. 🤪

I’ll ask you to the next funeral if I feel it’s getting a bit too cheery...

6 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

As I've pointed out before you're not a positive poster, you're a sycophantic poster - there's  a difference.

You may have tried pointing that out before but it doesn’t make it true.

We known you're one for thriving on negativity. To the point you got very frustrated when positive aspects broke about subjects such as the income from the two stand arrangement.