Value For Money

BuddieinEK

52 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Looking forward to your financial report demonstrating the financial savings you have stated the IT financial system will realise.

I have no idea if it will or if it won't but your evidence of the savings will be very welcome. emoji106.png

You may need to revisit my post... 

My view is a very simple one. I trust the people at SMISA and their comments. I don't think they lie or are deceptive. If they say that the inbuilt polling function alone will save £400 p/a, the system is good value for money and that we may of needed to hire a PT member of staff if we didn't go with the system, I believe them. 

I know the go to on here for some is to automatically not trust and ask for absolutely everything to be documented & evidenced (even to the extent of what an honorary membership involves lol) but I am comfortable in my position to trust and they have given me zero reason to question that trust during the BTB process. 

Sorry to disappoint. 

Edited by bazil85

You may need to revisit my post... 
My view is a very simple one. I trust the people at SMISA and their comments. I don't think they lie or are deceptive. If they say that the inbuilt polling function alone will save £400 p/a, the system is good value for money and that we may of needed to hire a PT member of staff if we didn't go with the system, I believe them. 
I know the go to on here for some is to automatically not trust and ask for absolutely everything to be documented & evidenced (even to the extent of what an honorary membership involves lol) but I am comfortable in my position to trust and they have given me zero reason to question that trust during the BTB process. 
Sorry to disappoint. 
Oh you haven't disappointed.

You responded with the expected waffle or Bazil Bollocks as we have affectionately come to know your responses as.

Cheers fella.

18 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Oh you haven't disappointed.

You responded with the expected waffle or Bazil Bollocks as we have affectionately come to know your responses as.

Cheers fella.

Believing what SMISA says is bollocks? If this isn't what you meant feel free to clarify. 

Believing what SMISA says is bollocks? If this isn't what you meant feel free to clarify. 

You won't be able to show where I have said SMISA are talking bollocks?

Just Bazil bollocks. 

You've made a statement on the savings it'll make, i've merely commented on you quantifying that statement.

Your obsession with perceiving anyone who questions v's SMISA is embarrassing.

Take 2 paracetamol, plenty fluids & a wee lie down. It's just what the nurse has ordered [emoji1787]

1 hour ago, Kombibuddie said:

You won't be able to show where I have said SMISA are talking bollocks?

You said I was taking bollocks and all I really did was say I believe what they wrote, quoted from it and pointed out facts about some fans needing absolutely everything evidenced & not trusting a word from SMISA or the board... so I asked you to clarify. 

Just Bazil bollocks. 

You've made a statement on the savings it'll make, i've merely commented on you quantifying that statement.

Ah so it’s you that’s talking bollocks then? I never made a statement claiming to have evidence to quantify, I don’t need it to say the system is good value for money, it’s in an officials SMISA statement. I clarified this in my post. I believe SMISA, very simple. As I said some people want everything documented & evidenced. For me I’m happy to take the word of my fellow St Mirren fans that have never steered me wrong in the past.

It’s clear you were looking for something that wasn’t there. 

1 hour ago, Kombibuddie said:

Your obsession with underhandedly thinking they’re liars in almost everything they post is embarrassing. Is there a reason you don’t take their word for it on things like this IT system? Maybe sour grapes after your vote? You should try & be more trusting & let things go.

Take 2 paracetamol, plenty fluids & a wee lie down. It's just what the nurse has ordered emoji1787.png

Open your heart to trust and shy away from the unfounded suspicious nature, who knows you might see in a better light the great story that’s playing out in front of us where this great organisation & GLS delivers our football club to the people that care most about it, the fans.  

true SMFC heroes 

You won't be able to show where I have said SMISA are talking bollocks? Just Bazil bollocks.  

Take 2 paracetamol, plenty fluids & a wee lie down. It's just what the nurse has ordered [emoji1787]

Kombi... Your friend "quoted from it", IT being the SMISA release, when he said it "Saves us money"!

The original press release said, and I quote,

"There is a one-off set-up cost (£4,200), and like most software services these days, an ongoing monthly subscription (£300). This will of course increase SMISA’s operating costs, but we believe this is good value and cheaper than the alternatives at this time."

So they say it will INCREASE costs but in fairness, they could increase by more at this time by using alternatives!

Never mind quantifying... I'd love to see the original text that he has "quoted" from!

"an IT system that saves us money"

"I believe what they wrote, quoted from it and pointed out facts"

I won't hold my breath though... Probably easier to attack me for commenting on a thread I started! [emoji850]

5 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Kombi... Your friend "quoted from it", IT being the SMISA release, when he said it "Saves us money"!

The original press release said, and I quote,

"There is a one-off set-up cost (£4,200), and like most software services these days, an ongoing monthly subscription (£300). This will of course increase SMISA’s operating costs, but we believe this is good value and cheaper than the alternatives at this time."

So they say it will INCREASE costs but in fairness, they could increase by more at this time by using alternatives!

Never mind quantifying... I'd love to see the original text that he has "quoted" from!

"an IT system that saves us money"

"I believe what they wrote, quoted from it and pointed out facts"

I won't hold my breath though... Probably easier to attack me for commenting on a thread I started! emoji850.png

He appears to have confused a saving on one aspect of running SMISA due to the new system with the net financial effect of bringing in the new system.

In essence it means he is technically correct but of course the only relevant figure is the net one, which as you rightly say is that this is an increase in the cost of running SMISA.

He appears to have confused a saving on one aspect of running SMISA due to the new system with the net financial effect of bringing in the new system.

In essence it means he is technically correct but of course the only relevant figure is the net one, which as you rightly say is that this is an increase in the cost of running SMISA.

A bit like my wife coming back from the sales with a pair of shoes she didn't need that cost £100...

and her defending it by telling me how much she saved as they were on sale from £250!

The kind soul saved me £150.

In fairness, it will save her having to buy £40 winter boots... so definitely a bargain.

She might also have had to clean out her shoe cupboard herself... and think of all the manual labour involved!

I'd never get my tea on time so I believe her... What a saving!

How lucky am I?

[emoji850][emoji23]

^^^ just can’t help himself, broke the agreement so many times. 🤣

more than welcome to comment on a thread you started but I said as much as you’d play your same old trick where you comment on other posts to me  the obsession is back  

but... ask and you shall receive.   “If we use the inbuilt polling function in place of Election Runner this will save about £400 per annum”

https://www.smisa.net/news-archive/278-very-connect-an-introduction

Edited by bazil85

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I am comfortable in believing they have done enough to warrant this system being a saving & cost effective alternative. Others want everything documented & evidenced, that’s fine. Just two different views. 

Kombi trying to hold me to his own standards of evidence is irrelevant in my stated view. Imo 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

I am comfortable in believing they have done enough to warrant this system being a saving & cost effective alternative. Others want everything documented & evidenced, that’s fine. Just two different views. 

You are wrong. I'm not arguing with you on this point. This isn't a matter of opinion. It's a matter of fact. This post is my last response to you on this specific issue.

In their Press Release they specifically stated: ""There is a one-off set-up cost (£4,200), and like most software services these days, an ongoing monthly subscription (£300). This will of course increase SMISA’s operating costs, but we believe this is good value and cheaper than the alternatives at this time."

Edited by oaksoft

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You are wrong. I'm not arguing with you on this point. This isn't a matter of opinion. It's a matter of fact. This post is my last response to you on this specific issue.

In their Press Release they specifically stated: ""There is a one-off set-up cost (£4,200), and like most software services these days, an ongoing monthly subscription (£300). This will of course increase SMISA’s operating costs, but we believe this is good value and cheaper than the alternatives at this time."

That's fine but I'm not wrong. "good value and cheaper than the alternatives at this time" You've posted something (not even the quote I was referring to) that backs up my view that the IT system "saves us money"

Good effort but another failed comment from you. 

Edited by bazil85

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Honestly Baz, if we were in a pub and you behaved like this in real life, I think we'd be coming to blows.

It's ironic isn't it? The quest from a few on here to show lies from me is ongoing and so far the main lies I've seen are people saying things like "this post is my last response to you on this specific subject" Or does not quoting my posts somehow provide a loophole? 

I don't doubt it, you're easily one of the most miserable posters on BAWA, especially around SMISA. To the extent you want to get in arguments just because I am positive about this update & believe them when they say the system is good value & makes savings on alternatives/ current processes. I mean what's the point? Do you have an endgame on something so trivial? We are due a three month spend update shortly, god only knows what people will find to moan about this time. 

Staggering 

4 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

I believe what they (smisa) were meaning that the service they have bought is cheaper than other services that were available.

Whereas I believe you initially were referring to the employing of someone to do the work including the quarterly vote cost.

Bit of both & all of the above tbh. 

The statement as a collective, I’m not in the habit of breaking down this kind of stuff to within an inch of its life & scrutinising. SMISA have never given me the need to do this due to their great work so far during BTB. 

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

"Go away and please ignore me! Seriously! Put me on ignore. Don't respond to me. Don't mention me!" 

My response included

"That includes your wee trick of responding to other people referencing me..."

"an IT system that saves us money" direct reference from my post

Yet again showing his lies, incapability to keep his world & deep seeded obsession with me. Plenty of witnesses. :P

Rattled

Kombi trying to hold me to his own standards of evidence is irrelevant in my stated view. Imo 
It's just the same old Bazils Bollocks.

:lol::lol::lol:

48 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Bit of both & all of the above tbh. 

The statement as a collective, I’m not in the habit of breaking down this kind of stuff to within an inch of its life & scrutinising. SMISA have never given me the need to do this due to their great work so far during BTB. 

On 8/21/2019 at 11:04 AM, bazil85 said:

Wee FYI on membership storage software system pricing just so we have reference points. Not bothered quoting upfront & set-up costs but feel free if you want to  

Provider            Annual cost 

Oasis.            $3,300 - $8,100 (level 1-5)

MC/LMS       From €3,000

C&EA            From $2,500

Novi AMS    From $4,800 

Agilon          From $15,000

Not the lowest but certainly not the highest. There are many more online for people to do their own research.  

12 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

:lol::lol::lol:

The post was in response to the unfounded & ridiculous negativity around the subject. I would not have felt the need to do it otherwise & it’s nothing to do with validate SMISA’s statement. It’s showing comparable software. 

Good effort once again but still a fail. The attempt to spin my posts is real. :rolleyes:

Edited by bazil85