Jump to content

BuddieinEK

Value For Money

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

And you do for fact that Excel or Google sheets (lol) would be enough for their needs? Based on what they've said, I was surprised they still used excel, must take up so many hours of man power

To do what exactly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

To do what exactly?

  1. Excel spreadsheets for the core membership data
  2. Mailchimp for sending the regular update and ballot emails,
  3. Election Runner for the director elections and £2 Spend ballots
  4. Eventbrite for registrations for things like Manager Q&A nights
  5. and of course Gocardless where members initially set up their direct debits

Each of these apart from Eventbrite have separate member email address lists which need to be individually updated for all changes to member data and status, and then reconciled frequently to ensure consistency.

All this background administration is a considerable workload for the SMISA committee.

Unless you think this is a lie? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I can add to that. A Python script of less than 100 lines of code could have been written in about an hour to open those Excel databases and sent an email to everyone within seconds. I'm sitting with a skeleton version right now which I got from a book on the language.

Can you name the kind of company format or usage that would get practical use out of VeryConnect or do you think there is absolutely no basis for anyone paying money for this kind of system? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bazil85 said:
  1. Excel spreadsheets for the core membership data
  2. Mailchimp for sending the regular update and ballot emails,
  3. Election Runner for the director elections and £2 Spend ballots
  4. Eventbrite for registrations for things like Manager Q&A nights
  5. and of course Gocardless where members initially set up their direct debits

Each of these apart from Eventbrite have separate member email address lists which need to be individually updated for all changes to member data and status, and then reconciled frequently to ensure consistency.

All this background administration is a considerable workload for the SMISA committee.

Unless you think this is a lie? 

And how many hours are we typically talking about each week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Can you name the kind of company format or usage that would get practical use out of VeryConnect or do you think there is absolutely no basis for anyone paying money for this kind of system? 

I am not interested in discussing that. It's not relevant. Someone else might be up for it but I'd prefer to focus on the discussion at hand. Once you start de-focussing you end up all over the place and that seriously tests my patience.

Edited by oaksoft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

And how many hours are we typically talking about each week?

They didn't say anymore than considerable.

You say I miss points on why people get annoyed at me. Can you at least see my POV on people including yourself that scrutinise every single element of communications to try & find negativity? That expect us to be given all information no matter how minute, full evidence backing & a breakdown on the most trivial of points (highlighted very clearly on the honorary membership thread)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

They didn't say anymore than considerable.

You say I miss points on why people get annoyed at me. Can you at least see my POV on people including yourself that scrutinise every single element of communications to try & find negativity? That expect us to be given all information no matter how minute, full evidence backing & a breakdown on the most trivial of points (highlighted very clearly on the honorary membership thread)?

So again you don't know but you are quite happy to dive in at anyone who raises an eyebrow or a question about the need to make this sort of expenditure.

I suspected as much. Just wanted confirmation.

Kendo was right. You know hee haw.

So maybe you could have the decency to pipe down and let others raise legitimate concerns.

Edited by oaksoft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I am not interested in discussing that. It's not relevant. Someone else might be up for it but I'd prefer to focus on the discussion at hand. Once you start de-focussing you end up all over the place and that seriously tests my patience.

So you are refusing/ can't answer the question? Why respond? Is this not one of your many points to me? 

To bring it back to the discussion at hand, I would summaries the relevance in my question in the below three points:

  • I think it's fair comment to say these companies serve purpose and will add value to certain activity for certain companies
  • You, me or other contributor on this thread don't appear to know for fact if system relates to above point regarding SMISA, we only have their word in a member message
  • Based on the above two points, fans can make negative assumption, accusation or claims SMISA are making a mistake & that they know best when it comes to system suitability/ governance on sign-off. They can make agreeable comments based on the information. They can ask/ speculate in a balanced manner on the subject. 

Why I get hounded for making agreeable comments but others making negative assumptions that they know best don't... well that's beyond me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

So again you don't know but you are quite happy to dive in at anyone who raises an eyebrow or a question about the need to make this sort of expenditure.

I suspected as much. Just wanted confirmation.

Kendo was right. You know hee haw.

So maybe you could have the decency to pipe down and let others raise legitimate concerns.

See point I've just posted, seems on BAWA for many

  • Negative assumptions or claims without any shred of evidence to back them up - fine
  • Positive acceptance based on comments from club/ SMISA reps - YOU DON'T KNOW THAT FOR FACT! THEY MIGHT BE LYING! HOW DARE YOU NOT CONSIDER THEIR WORD COULD BE WRONG?! WE MUST KNOW ABSOLUTELY EVERY ASPECT ABOUT EVERY SINGLE CONVERSATION OR WE MUST ASSUME THEY'VE DONE WRONG! BURN THE WITCH!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Probably best to ask someone on the committee. I don't imagine the money will come from the £12/£25 subs though, no indication of that in the communication anyway. SMISA do raise funds separately from BTB though, possibly through these means it's getting funded? 

Re the bit in bold! Do they? Pray tell what mythical revenue streams are you making up on Smisa's behalf? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Re the bit in bold! Do they? Pray tell what mythical revenue streams are you making up on Smisa's behalf? Lol

Are you saying there's zero funds linked to SMISA at all apart from the £12/ £25 a month and as such this money had to come out of these specific member subs? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

See point I've just posted, seems on BAWA for many

  • Negative assumptions or claims without any shred of evidence to back them up - fine
  • Positive acceptance based on comments from club/ SMISA reps - YOU DON'T KNOW THAT FOR FACT! THEY MIGHT BE LYING! HOW DARE YOU NOT CONSIDER THEIR WORD COULD BE WRONG?! WE MUST KNOW ABSOLUTELY EVERY ASPECT ABOUT EVERY SINGLE CONVERSATION OR WE MUST ASSUME THEY'VE DONE WRONG! BURN THE WITCH!

 

You really need to calm down a bit.

Shrieking at me isn't going to get my attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Are you saying there's zero funds linked to SMISA at all apart from the £12/ £25 a month and as such this money had to come out of these specific member subs? 

Tell us oh knowledgeable one what are these mythical revenue streams you speak of? And where does the dosh come from?

lol... like taking candy off a tit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Tell us oh knowledgeable one what are these mythical revenue streams you speak of? And where does the dosh come from?

lol... like taking candy off a tit!

SMISA have put on fundraising events in the past, again is there zero other income to SMISA other than BTB subs?

Why aren't you responding to your wrong comment about season ticket sales by the way? Very selective 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

SMISA have put on fundraising events in the past, again is there zero other income to SMISA other than BTB subs?

Why aren't you responding to your wrong comment about season ticket sales by the way? Very selective 

You told us Smisa has other income, so please, i a, sure smisa members would like to know what that is? Oh and what are the fund raising events they have staged, that have actually made money?

ha, ha, ha, ha........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You told us Smisa has other income, so please, i a, sure smisa members would like to know what that is? Oh and what are the fund raising events they have staged, that have actually made money?

ha, ha, ha, ha........

Dog with a bone ignoring aspects where you have been completely shown up as wrong.

Yet again do SMISA raise funds from absolutely no other source other than BTB? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Dog with a bone ignoring aspects where you have been completely shown up as wrong.

Yet again do SMISA raise funds from absolutely no other source other than BTB? 

You tell us! You said they did, so please what are these sources? I am sure Mr Scott would be keen to know if there were alternative pots to plunder, and tha smisa had been holding out on him! Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You tell us! You said they did, so please what are these sources? I am sure Mr Scott would be keen to know if there were alternative pots to plunder, and tha smisa had been holding out on him! Lol

SMISA communications in the past have document other funds being used not related to BTB. For example part of the money up front for the new pitch was non BTB funds. Are you now claiming there are zero other finances involved with SMISA other than BTB? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bazil85 said:

SMISA communications in the past have document other funds being used not related to BTB. For example part of the money up front for the new pitch was non BTB funds. Are you now claiming there are zero other finances involved with SMISA other than BTB? 

Say what?

so where did the pitch money come from? C'mon tell us Baz...

https://giphy.com/gifs/9HQRIttS5C4Za/html5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Are you saying it's wrong and there is absolutely no other funds raised by SMISA outside BTB? 

 

You are making strong claims about funding sources for SMISA and how the pitch was funded.

Now you either know for sure or you don't. Which is it?

His question is pretty simple. How exactly was the pitch funded? If you don't know how much was contributed from non-BTB funds then either state that or stop polluting the forum with guesswork presented as fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

 

You are making strong claims about funding sources for SMISA and how the pitch was funded.

Now you either know for sure or you don't. Which is it?

His question is pretty simple. How exactly was the pitch funded? If you don't know how much was contributed from non-BTB funds then either state that or stop polluting the forum with guesswork presented as fact.

SMISA have raised funds through non BTB sources. This has included in the past money up front for the relation pitch & a loan for the air dome. 

You & LPM are the ones polluting the forum & an utter desperate & pathetic attempt to try & show me to be wrong/ lying. Something you continue to fail to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Are you saying it's wrong and there is absolutely no other funds raised by SMISA outside BTB? 

I’m sure that if SMiSA have raised funds outside of the BTB vehicle we would have heard about it. There would have been funds prior to the launch of BTB, but these were specifically raised by members for share purchase not software.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

SMISA have raised funds through non BTB sources. This has included in the past money up front for the relation pitch & a loan for the air dome. 

Bullshit. The money loaned for the dome was money raised through SMiSA members for share purchase. The loan was repaid by the previous board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...