Fake Job Offer

faraway saint

Received this cracking job offer this morning, this is the 4th or 5th offer I've had over the last few years, all very similar.

No interview, no real details of the job and, this is the key issue, asking for fees for visas.

I replied in a very nice manner..........................don't think I'll hear from this lot again.

MAERSK OIL MIDDLE EAST OFFER LETTER (1).

30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Received this cracking job offer this morning, this is the 4th or 5th offer I've had over the last few years, all very similar.

No interview, no real details of the job and, this is the key issue, asking for fees for visas.

I replied in a very nice manner..........................don't think I'll hear from this lot again.

MAERSK OIL MIDDLE EAST OFFER LETTER (1). 541.37 kB · 3 downloads

I think Messrs Stubbs & Kearney fell victim to a similar hoax job offer!

MAERSK OIL MIDDLE EAST OFFER LETTER (1).

^^^^^ pretending to be employable

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

MAERSK OIL MIDDLE EAST OFFER LETTER (1). 541.37 kB · 10 downloads

Wasn't there  a similar scam many moons ago. Someone in Inverness offering work in the Middle East, but you had to pay for your fares up front and it would be reimbursed in your first wage.  Raked in a bit before getting caught.   

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

MAERSK OIL MIDDLE EAST OFFER LETTER (1). 541.37 kB · 10 downloads

Looking at the exchange rate, that would be a salary of over a thousand pounds per month.  Obviously fake, no one would pay you that.

I was made a similar offer in 1983, unemployed at the time and very excited as i had had to fill in a very convincing application form-until they wrote and asked if they could come to my house to interview me as a formality and collect £85 for visa fees.

I arranged the visit and called the cops, telling them that they could be on hand to nab a fraudster.  They told me it wasn't a crime until the fraud actually took place and declined to attend.  The two twats arrived, looking for the cheque.  They got an envelope, which they opened on the spot, with a note inside explaining they had 5 seconds to clear off before the 6 guys in the living room came and sorted them out.  There was, of course, no one else there.  i had a claw hammer as back up and saw nothing to be scared of in those two, but looking back it was a silly gamble as they might have come back round at any time.

2 weeks later, an appeal from the cops on STV news asking for any info on the fraudsters!  Apparently a number of people in Paisley and surrounding areas had paid up to £110 pounds in cash and handed over their passports.  a lot of money in those days and presumably the passports were sold on.

20 minutes ago, insaintee said:

Send me £300 and I'll set about investigating where your money has gone.

Thank you, £300 forwarded.

Hope you are better than the Ugandan bloke who offered his investigative services last year at £300, I’ve still not heard anything back from him ever since he received the money.

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I was made a similar offer in 1983, unemployed at the time and very excited as i had had to fill in a very convincing application form-until they wrote and asked if they could come to my house to interview me as a formality and collect £85 for visa fees.

I arranged the visit and called the cops, telling them that they could be on hand to nab a fraudster.  They told me it wasn't a crime until the fraud actually took place and declined to attend.  The two twats arrived, looking for the cheque.  They got an envelope, which they opened on the spot, with a note inside explaining they had 5 seconds to clear off before the 6 guys in the living room came and sorted them out.  There was, of course, no one else there.  i had a claw hammer as back up and saw nothing to be scared of in those two, but looking back it was a silly gamble as they might have come back round at any time.

2 weeks later, an appeal from the cops on STV news asking for any info on the fraudsters!  Apparently a number of people in Paisley and surrounding areas had paid up to £110 pounds in cash and handed over their passports.  a lot of money in those days and presumably the passports were sold on.

The money they're looking for these days is thousands, or in insaintees case £25 quid. 

The first one I received I looked into it and it didn't take long to see it was a scam, although, if people are out of work and desperate they might fall for it. 

The 2nd one I received I played them along, asking for a 50% discount, which they agreed to, then I asked if I could pay in instalments of $5 a week....................they didn't seem to take that seriously and never replied. :wink:

Edited by faraway saint