Fake Job Offer

faraway saint

33 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Check this cracker, politely told them to feck off...........

Your PayPal is blocked. Please re-confirm your identity today or your account will be permanently closed https://paypal.co.uk.q0h7.icu/n/

Facebook responded with this................

This post goes against our Community Standards, so no one else can see it. 

Maybe they see it more that it's trying to entice people to click the link rather than a warning to others? :blink:

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

On this subject, anyone had any fake calls from BT saying that your security has been compromised ? Had two now, asking me to go on my PC and download patches...……

Yes DJ. A couple of times. Ignored both but also looked up the number and reported them on line as a hoax call. I'm sure you know but if not, take a note of the number, post it on Google and you will find out if it has been reported as a hoax. 

Edited by St.Ricky

• 1 year later...

It's so sad that today you can bump into fake ads. People spend tons of time on searching for vacancies. And when they ultimately find something it turns out to be a fraud. That's so sad. Such news proves that it's essential to use reliable job search platforms. 

7 hours ago, Hizzmann said:

It's so sad that today you can bump into fake ads. People spend tons of time on searching for vacancies. And when they ultimately find something it turns out to be a fraud. That's so sad. Such news proves that it's essential to use reliable job search platforms. 

Even using reliable search platforms doesn’t guarantee a reply If a company asks you to apply to them then the very least they can do is acknowledge you

10 hours ago, HSS said:

Even using reliable search platforms doesn’t guarantee a reply If a company asks you to apply to them then the very least they can do is acknowledge you

The number of applications that companies receive can make it impossible, barring an automated reply if they have applied online, to give the candidate anything worthwhile at the applications stage.

It's completely different if you have been asked for, and attended, an interview. 

On 8/21/2019 at 9:03 AM, faraway saint said:

Received this cracking job offer this morning, this is the 4th or 5th offer I've had over the last few years, all very similar.

No interview, no real details of the job and, this is the key issue, asking for fees for visas.

I replied in a very nice manner..........................don't think I'll hear from this lot again.

MAERSK OIL MIDDLE EAST OFFER LETTER (1). 541.37 kB · 27 downloads

I am sorry to hear you are in need of a job.  This particular job seems just too good to be true so it's probably shite.  In my day you could walk out of one job on a Friday and have a start on the Monday.  That was true unless you were a catholic right enough, those poor buggers had less options, they had to wait until the Tuesday!  That said those "start on Monday" jobs were all pish with an appalling rate of pay.  The mills were an awful place to work but we all did it at some time or other.  Great job for a young man as you couldn't fail to get your hole but the money was always pish.  I imagine all those mill girls I did will have more dreepy breasts than genuine hips these days but those were the days.  

Anyway my bloody season ticket still hasn't come through, in fact the electronic mail I sent from my my AOL account has not been acknowledged.  If they cannae reply to my electronic mail then I doubt they can be arsed sticking me in a ballot.  I smell sweaty baws on that one.  Slightly whiffy and unrespectful sweaty baws indeed.

Stay safe fellow Budmeisters, the Covid didnae get me so far!