Junior Morias

Striker Junior Morias is relishing the 'new challenge' at St Mirren after being convinced to sign for the club by fellow ex-Cobbler Sam Foley.

Foley, released by Northampton at the end of last season, signed a two-year contract with the Scottish Premiership club earlier in the month.

Wanna say a massive thank you to @ntfc fans for making me feel welcome from the day i stepped in right up until today. All the coaching staff and everyone involved at Northampton have been a pleasure to work with. Good luck for the season ahead. 👋🏾👋🏾👋🏾 #30

He's now been joined by a team-mate from last season with Morias putting pen to paper on a two-year deal after leaving the Cobblers for an undisclosed fee on Thursday.

“It is good to finally get it sorted – it is good to feel wanted by a manager and a club," said the 24-year-old, who scored six goals last season. "I am grateful and thankful that this got sorted.

“I only found out about the interest a few days ago. My agent called me and told me of the interest from St Mirren and I didn’t hesitate – I just said to him let’s do it. I knew this is what I wanted to do.

“It is all positive and I am really excited to get started. It's a new challenge. I love challenges and I'm ready to put in the work.

"I spoke to Foles (Sam Foley) and I asked him about everything I needed to know. He said there were a great bunch of lads here, good staff and it was all positive.

"I had a good conversation with the manager and I know what he wants to achieve and it matches what I want to do."

Like this signing, the first couple of games suggest we're looking to play a fast, counter attacking style of football. Going by the clips, he will be able to keep up with Durmus and McAllister, hopefully good at holding up the ball too. (and chip in with a few goals)

Edited by Doakes

I used to live 100 yards from St Albans City's ground and was at the FA Cup game against Carlisle on the video where he scored 2 .  Both belters and the video really doesn't do justice to how hard a hit the  goal from distance looked in person.  To be fair Danny Grainger was left back for the opposition 😊.  IIRC Peterborough bought him just after that.  Fee was rumoured to be upwards of £200K. 

Although the standard is poor St Albans are top half National League South he was way above that standard.  Everything said about him in this thread I recognise.  Fast, an eye for goal, great at bringing others into play, works hard and immensely strong.  Possibly his lack of height weighed against him at Peterborough I don't know, but less of problem in  Scotland.  He is certainly an upgrade on Hasselbaink from what I saw.    

The club have to be applauded for the business they have done. OK left us badly prepared whosever side you take. The appointment of Goodwin was a masterstroke. We didnt go down the usual route. Now to bring in good quality and on 2 and 3 year deals shows the ambition of the club. Lets hope we can deliver. The fans now have hope and that is all we ask for.