Livingston v St Mirren 31 August 2019

St.Ricky

When the f**k are we going to get strikers that can score goals , absolute posh in front of goals.

The strikers need good service, they’re not getting it. You could see the frustration with Obika when Andreu hit one past the post when if he’d left it, Obika would have burst the net. Just about every cross from the right missed everyone in the box.
Give the strikers the service then we can judge them.

When the fixture list was announced I think that 3 points from our first 4 games is probably where many of us would have expected / hoped to be.

One victory and three single-goal defeats so far. Goal difference of -2. We are clearly competitive. Last season (at this stage) we were out of our depth.

Look at the evidence of the first 4 league games  - I'd be more concerned about this season if I supported St Johnstone, Hearts, Ross County, Hamilton or (despite today's result) Kilmarnock.

Going in the right direction IMO.

I actually think the signings overall have been decent. 

Up until today Mcloughlin has been solid. He is still a young lad.  He made 2 mistakes that cost us goals today and ultimately lost us the match, but he is only a young guy and will learn from those mistakes. Cut out the mistakes and we would have won today. 

As for all the other signings, I really don't think they have been too bad. For me, the most shakey looks to be Waters. I am really not impressed by him. Does not look comfortable on the ball. But the rest I see a lot of potential for them to be decent. 

I think we are heading in the right direction and will finish 7th or 8th.

Edited by Prague Buddie

25 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

McKenzie was as bad. He clearly can't turn on that surface, and probably shouldn't have started.

Still our best defender

I would imagine Bairdy was going to come in but turned in a poor performance midweek

I'm concerned about our attacking options

We scored today but it was a peach from outside the area

The forwards we have  imo aren't good enough for this league

28 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

I actually think the signings overall have been decent. 

Up until today Mcloughlin has been solid. He is still a young lad.  He made 2 mistakes that cost us goals today and ultimately lost us the match, but he is only a young guy and will learn from those mistakes. Cut out the mistakes and we would have won today. 

As for all the other signings, I really don't think they have been too bad. For me, the most shakey looks to be Waters. I am really not impressed by him. Does not look comfortable on the ball. But the rest I see a lot of potential for them to be decent. 

I think we are heading in the right direction and will finish 7th or 8th.

How can you say the signings have been decent? Most u will never have heard of and the results don't back up your statement...up-front so far we look to have nobody who can put ball in the net...no decent deliveries into box from wingers and mistakes at back today from defenders....this is must win games against these sort of teams..so far pumped out cup and 3 points from 12 is a fecking god awful start to season...

35 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

The strikers need good service, they’re not getting it. You could see the frustration with Obika when Andreu hit one past the post when if he’d left it, Obika would have burst the net. Just about every cross from the right missed everyone in the box.

Based on evidence so far, the net would have been safe enough had the ball reached Obika.

Different team, different manager, same Livi. Familiar end result. 

We can't compete with them when we play their brand of Rugby. We can match or better them when we play high up the park and pass the ball quickly with intent.

As we never done the 2nd option until the 55th minute - we lose. Simple as that.

Obika looks ok in flashes but clearly not a goalscorer. There's clearly somebody haunting Calum Waters anywhere past the halfway line. Poor marking at 1st goal. Faffing about at 2nd. Poor decision making in attack.

Striker and Centre Half in or we are going to go from 'compact and hard to beat' to 'negative and lack goals' very quickly as we slog it out at the bottom again.

Oh and the referee was useless, as they tend to be.

How can you say the signings have been decent? Most u will never have heard of and the results don't back up your statement...up-front so far we look to have nobody who can put ball in the net...no decent deliveries into box from wingers and mistakes at back today from defenders....this is must win games against these sort of teams..so far pumped out cup and 3 points from 12 is a fecking god awful start to season...

Ok Elvis [emoji6]

1 hour ago, gstretchuk said:

Does not have the man management skills needed however he comes across in an interview.....

As you have likely never met the man and certainly not in a professional sense you're unqualified to comment on this. The team played poorly 1st half - better 2nd half... this suggest man management is not the issue.

Just now, faraway saint said:

The current odds to finish bottom of the league are:

image.png.458c09f9a9b9640fe82d59af2dde71a6.png

So what is your tip ?

Hamilton, Ross County, St Johnstone (my tip) or Kilmarnock ?

Don't waste your dough backing St Mirren to finish bottom 'cos it won't happen.

f**k me - only read three pages and it’s evident the knicker wetters are out in force. 

We aint gonna win every single match against Livi/County/Accies/Fakes. Livi have just come off the back of pumping Ross a County 4-1 in Dingwall.

And f**k whining about the pitch - Full time pros should be able to cope with any surface. Grass pitches aren’t everything, you only have to remember Motherwell’s swamp from a few years ago to realise how bad the grass ones can potentially get.

1 hour ago, Russian Saint said:

Agree with this but quite how we didn't score more goals in the frantic goings on towards the end defeats me and ultimately the team. 

45 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

f**k me - only read three pages and it’s evident the knicker wetters are out in force. 

We aint gonna win every single match against Livi/County/Accies/Fakes. Livi have just come off the back of pumping Ross a County 4-1 in Dingwall.

And f**k whining about the pitch - Full time pros should be able to cope with any surface. Grass pitches aren’t everything, you only have to remember Motherwell’s swamp from a few years ago to realise how bad the grass ones can potentially get.

The proverbial game of two halves CS. Lost two soft goals, scored a cracker. Cranked up the pressure but just couldn't get the ball over the line for the equaliser. One of those games where we might have lost another goal but equally might have scored a couple more ourselves. We'll done Livvy. Need to find that final pass Saints. 

Livi have an established format for how they play. That hasn’t changed in about 4 years and when players leave they just go and get others with the same attributes. Whether we like it or not it’s effective and they don’t f**k about with it either. Long ball and feed off the scraps and they are very good at it but they’ve got a few decent players too.

We, on the other hand, take waaaaay too many passes to get it forward and when we do we want to play too many passes before we put the ball in the box.

The second half was much better but we really need a result against County in two weeks or a familiar pattern is going to emerge.

1 minute ago, DLBud said:

Livi have an established format for how they play. That hasn’t changed in about 4 years and when players leave they just go and get others with the same attributes. Whether we like it or not it’s effective and they don’t f**k about with it either. Long ball and feed off the scraps and they are very good at it but they’ve got a few decent players too.

We, on the other hand, take waaaaay too many passes to get it forward and when we do we want to play too many passes before we put the ball in the box.

The second half was much better but we really need a result against County in two weeks or a familiar pattern is going to emerge.

They are terrible to watch,  but it is effective. 

Some poor individual performances especially in the first half and some panic attacking in the second half. Done more than enough for a point but their defence was good and our forwards were making bad decisions. Onwards and upwards.

8 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I wasn't  astounded to learn that was only the referee's second ever game in the Premiership. Has there ever been a ref  with that Jimmy Krankie-like physique who could command 22 adults effectively?

Second too many, should be his last at any level. Shocking performance. 

I wasn't  astounded to learn that was only the referee's second ever game in the Premiership. Has there ever been a ref  with that Jimmy Krankie-like physique who could command 22 adults effectively?

Not an excuse for our performance but his bad decisions didn’t help. As for Livi I couldn’t watch that every week.

Everything you said is spot on when Livingston were under pressure last 10 minutes we should have employed their tactics i.e. get the ball up pitch as quickly as possible.

They do have some decent footballers but seeing them just smash the ball as hard and as far up the pitch as they can without hesitation isn't great to watch but fuc# me they are effective.

1 hour ago, DLBud said:

Livi have also had one constant throughout the past few years - David Martindale. Through every managerial change the club hasn’t seemed to suffer, and if anything a new manager has to fit Martindale’s needs. Clubs like Accies and Livi don’t have the income to be a top flight side that plays good football - they have to scrap like f**k. It looks like Livi are quickly becoming the better version of Accies who in all respect, have done a fantastic job to stay in the SPL for so long (and when they did go down, it was a quick visit before returning).