Livingston v St Mirren 31 August 2019

St.Ricky

Surely Goodwin knows how Livingston play, as every supporter in Scotland does? :blink:
Where do you think Goodwin was before he came in this door, Outer Mongolia? [emoji38]
Get your point but it seemed yesterday our first half tactics only helped Livingston thought somebody senior could have fronted up to the boss and said "imo these tactics won't & haven't worked in the past we need a different plan".

On 8/31/2019 at 10:26 PM, paisleysaint1973 said:

Results dont back up the statement.  We have played hibs rangers and Aberdeen all top 5 teams consistently and livi ( who we perennially struggle against) are you saying you honestly expected anything more than 3 from 12 out of those 4 games if so thats deluded. Just out of interest do you ever post positively about our team. You slate players left right and centre given our standing who would you have rather we had in their place this team is still gelling they will get there and apparently its not just the players fault you believe its also goodys fault as well as he is no good but interviewed well. Again who would you have had take over the reins ? 

I put him on ignore. He's the only forum member i have on ignore. Can't quite fully get rid of him though as his junk comes through when people quote him 😂

10 hours ago, mattman said:

Unpopular opinion but Kyle Mcallister is a shitebag, hides in games, can’t beat a man, doesn’t track back, and tries to shoot when it’s easier to pass. 

So much hype and not been one bit impressed (even last season)

Livi are livi, absolute brutal side, play to their strengths. We need to man up big time. Also referee was an absolute clown. 

I wasn't impressed with McAllister either last season. Too early to judge this season. 

Can't beat a man down the line but can if he's cutting inside from the right on his left foot. All one foot and predictable though. 

Was a standout in Championship but not convinced at Premiership level.

I tend to agree with what you say but nobody else does, so tend to think I'm missing something ?

4 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I wasn't impressed with McAllister either last season. Too early to judge this season. 

Can't beat a man down the line but can if he's cutting inside from the right on his left foot. All one foot and predictable though. 

Was a standout in Championship but not convinced at Premiership level.

I tend to agree with what you say but nobody else does, so tend to think I'm missing something ?

He certainly had a poor first half against Livvy yesterday but came onto a good game in the second half. 

8 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I know former ref Brian Cassidy very well, he just nudges above 5 foot 4 and never had any bother controlling games.  To go after the guy because of his height is preposterous.

I'd looked him up and discovered his inexperience, which I wished to highlight. The rest was mainly just filler to compensate for my team getting beat, but if you need a lightbulb changing, give us a shout and I'll get it for you. 💡

19 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I know former ref Brian Cassidy very well, he just nudges above 5 foot 4 and never had any bother controlling games.  To go after the guy because of his height is preposterous.

Yep to go after a ref for his height is a nonsense. Problem i have is you thinking Brian Cassidy was a good ref. I know a number of grade 1 referees who felt the same 😊

2 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Yep to go after a ref for his height is a nonsense. Problem i have is you thinking Brian Cassidy was a good ref. I know a number of grade 1 referees who felt the same 😊

Did i say i thought he was a good ref?  i said he could control a game, without passing judgement on his abilities.  He might be a ref but is also a friend and former colleague.

I can count the number of good refs i have seen in 55 years of soccer on the fingers of one hand.

So your problem is imaginary

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Did i say i thought he was a good ref?  i said he could control a game, without passing judgement on his abilities.  He might be a ref but is also a friend and former colleague.

I can count the number of good refs i have seen in 55 years of soccer on the fingers of one hand.

So your problem is imaginary

I've seen hundreds of good ref's over the years and Cassidy couldn't control a game !

21 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Just Watched the highlights.... we are as poor as last season so far. Defensively that was a shit-show Mcloughlin was piss poor on both goals actually  running away from the ball and man on the first.

Don't you know Rickys rules, not allowed to post unless you were there.

Shame on you. 

See post below, amazing how many posts he makes straight after mine, you'd think he was a troll. 🤡

Edited by faraway saint

8 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Just Watched the highlights.... we are as poor as last season so far. Defensively that was a shit-show Mcloughlin was piss poor on both goals actually  running away from the ball and man on the first.

Goodwin record at moment will have him surely as worst record for Saints manager ever..i expect this to continue with him in charge!