Bolton Wanderers And Bury FC On The Brink Of Death

shull

4 hours ago, shull said:

Today or tomorrow. 

Devastating for the supporters. 

What supporters?

The support has pretty much abandoned the club in their hour of need. Just a few thousand at the weekend's game.

By the way, this is just the start of the implosion of the English game. It could never continue the way it is going.

Edited by oaksoft

On 8/26/2019 at 4:27 PM, guinness said:

Do they not just come back as the bolton and carry on as if nothing had happened?

Only in the horrible goldfish bowl of the West of Scotland is that allowed.

Those who let them back in surrendered us and generations ahead to a lifetime of suffering the OF nonsense

3 hours ago, shull said:

Clydebank still exist. They never went bust and got liquidated, they were shafted by an utter c**t who created the Sevco version of the dead club Airdrieonians. At least Gretna had the decency to call themselves Gretna 2008, Airdrie and Sevco should be forced to place the formation year in their names as well to show the difference.

Wimbledon FC still exist too as they were never liquidated. The only change is that they are now named AFC Wimbledon.

10 hours ago, HSS said:

Burden Park,Bolton and Gigg Lane,Bury were the 1st 2 English grounds I was in. :wacko:

Who was the third?

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Clydebank still exist. They never went bust and got liquidated, they were shafted by an utter c**t who created the Sevco version of the dead club Airdrieonians. At least Gretna had the decency to call themselves Gretna 2008, Airdrie and Sevco should be forced to place the formation year in their names as well to show the difference.

Wimbledon FC still exist too as they were never liquidated. The only change is that they are now named AFC Wimbledon.

Who was the third?

Carlisle.

1 hour ago, HSS said:

Carlisle.

Goodbye Carlisle soon then...

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

Wimbledon FC moved to Milton Keynes and became MK Dons. That's where the "Dons" part comes from - and well you know it.

AFC Wimbledon was started by Wimbledon FC supporters when their club was "stolen" in the same way that FC United of Manchester was formed by Man U fans when their club "sold its soul".

I know how MK was formed and where AFC Wimbledon came from. I just associate the Wimbledon sides together likewise with the Clydebank teams as they never actually went bust, unlike Airdrie and the Sevvies who stole league spaces from other clubs then claimed to be their old selves.

I have a soft spot for FC United - while I understand their fans still feel a connection to Man Utd (who I don’t give a shit about) and the whole anger is directed towards the Glazers, many of them have stuck by FC United through the duration, and the atmosphere they’ve created on a regular basis is phenomenal. The big challenge will be what happens when the Glazers finally f**k off, but I do like and follow FC’s progress.