Friday Evening Events in Govan

Russian Saint

Guest TPAFKATS
Fair comment but being there is better than the roads i reckon.
Needless to say, who was the idiot who give the ok for this, an Irish walk, in Govan on a Friday night, 2 days before a bigot game  :wacko:
Not sure that should really be an issue. Govan isn't a hotbed of loyalists anymore than park head is full of Irish republicans.
No matter when and where this took place there would've been planned thuggery from British nationalists.

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Not sure that should really be an issue. Govan isn't a hotbed of loyalists anymore than park head is full of Irish republicans.
No matter when and where this took place there would've been planned thuggery from British nationalists.

That’s true.  

IIRC, I read somewhere that one of the biggest Celtic travel clubs/buses is based there.

Guest TPAFKATS
That’s true.  
IIRC, I read somewhere that one of the biggest Celtic travel clubs/buses is based there.
There's even a couple of celtic buses leave from Kilwinning these days.

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
3 hours ago, antrin said:
That’s true.  

There's even a couple of celtic buses leave from Kilwinning these days.

Some folks seem to be stuck in the past both within and outwith the two communities.

Not for me. Live and let live.

On 8/31/2019 at 11:15 AM, shull said:

Sat behind one on Shieldhall Road yesterday. His Private Reg number spells out his nickname. 

This is him.

He was also accused of assaulting 3 Police Horses at Celtic Park  recently.

GOVAN EMERALD CSC 

@GovanEmerald

·

27m

Let’s get one thing straight here no loyalist or orange bastard will break me it’s a FACT hunt in pacts if u want but listen too me al nip one and one at ma leisure btw cowards am no hard too find

Edited by shull

I just don't get the fascination with the OF and in matters relating to differences in politics and religion on a Saint Mirren Fans Forum. 

Clearly, Ireland, the island of Ireland was historically one country until we got involved. It's hardly surprising that a sizeable number of people were / maybe still are unhappy with the partition of the country after the granting of independence to the South.

That they and their diaspora object and wish to show their objection peaceably is understandable. They are, thankfully, able to do so because of our approach to democracy.  Better that, by far, than taking up arms. 

What is not acceptable is the action of others to use violence and intimidation to prevent a legally sanctioned demonstration to take place. This kind of intolerance must not be allowed. 

21 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Fair due, you will know Glasgow better than me.  

This is him.
He was also accused of assaulting 3 Police Horses at Celtic Park  recently.
GOVAN EMERALD CSC 
@GovanEmerald
·
27m
Let’s get one thing straight here no loyalist or orange bastard will break me it’s a FACT hunt in pacts if u want but listen too me al nip one and one at ma leisure btw cowards am no hard too find

“He was also accused of assaulting 3 Police Horses”
Police say all three are in a stable condition [emoji87] Ok, I’ll Trott on, neigh mare bad jokes from me today.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, guinness said:

Police say to let them march as otherwise they will cause trouble. Would appear the oo can do as they wish by threatening disorder.

I see your point. My guess is that the police have made a judgement on the resources, costs and effectiveness of policing the 4 marches along specific routes against the potential of policing flash mobs meeting in a number of as yet unknown locations or times. 

I see your point. My guess is that the police have made a judgement on the resources, costs and effectiveness of policing the 4 marches along specific routes against the potential of policing flash mobs meeting in a number of as yet unknown locations or times. 

I believe the police will still have to deal with the mob violence as the marchers (no doubt alcohol filled) disperse in and around the city.
In the days of hate speech, hate thought crimes which are punishable by a custodial sentence............ The Scottish Government and local councils still allow these bigoted morons the freedom of the streets.
What’s that famous slogan that’s heard predominately in the Govan area? Oh, yeah. “WATP” and we can do what we want.

28 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

I believe the police will still have to deal with the mob violence as the marchers (no doubt alcohol filled) disperse in and around the city.
In the days of hate speech, hate thought crimes which are punishable by a custodial sentence............ The Scottish Government and local councils still allow these bigoted morons the freedom of the streets.
What’s that famous slogan that’s heard predominately in the Govan area? Oh, yeah. “WATP” and we can do what we want.

I don't want to see the marches take place. I have no problem with the group involved having private off road gatherings. That's then entirely their choice. But...it looks like the Police think this approach is easier to handle. Let's see.