Ross County v Saints, Sat 14th September

The strikers are good players but they always come short we need someone to make runs in behind the defence. They had two real chances and scored both. At the moment we are not clinical enough. I’d like to see the offside goal again couldn’t tell from where I was standing.

2 hours ago, paul torfason said:

Said it before and say it again, obika and junior rotten,and wont score us goals to move up league, am not wee mullans greatest fan,but I'd have him every week before these 2 disasters.and a don't get any satisfaction saying this,Goodwin has to start using squad rotation as this same starting 11 every week not working or winning 

Said from day 1 these 2 were rotten!

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

The strikers are good players but they always come short we need someone to make runs in behind the defence. They had two real chances and scored both. At the moment we are not clinical enough. I’d like to see the offside goal again couldn’t tell from where I was standing.

Wasn't at the game. Watched on TV. Still don't understand why it was ruled off. 

We are going backwards, Magennis class, McAllister posted missing again, Broadfoot cant jump, too slow and ponderous in our build up, Obika now missed 2/3 tap ins, Morais doesnt know how to play the game here. Fail to beat Hamilton and we will stay bottom/second bottom for the season. Hoping Hearts hang on to Avril till at least January.

Just watched on alba. 

Nowhere near good enough going forward and got what we deserved. 

In many ways it’s the easy thing to play the big teams when we have no expectation - sit in, difficult to beat, hit them on the counter attack. No major criticism if you don’t take anything. 

The real test is the games that we really need to take wins from. Livi, County, Hamilton, St.Johnstone, Motherwell and maybe Hearts/Hibs/Killie depending on how good/bad a season they have. 

Performances so far in those tests - nowhere near good enough. 

Goodwin has a lot of work to do to build a capable, attacking outfit that can damage an opposition who are quite happy to sit in against us. 

Just watched on Alba. Looked really, really windy.

Both our strikers rank rotten sadly. Magennis very good and Hladkey as usual. Hope we bring McGinn and Mullin back next week as it is fast becoming a must win game. Zero points from Livvy and Ross C make zero points from Hamliton at home unthinkable.

Jim Goodwin never off the radio and TV just now, maybe just needs to concentrate more on getting points.

6 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Just watched on alba. 

In many ways it’s the easy thing to play the big teams when we have no expectation - sit in, difficult to beat, hit them on the counter attack. No major criticism if you don’t take anything. 

The real test is the games that we really need to take wins from. Livi, County, Hamilton, St.Johnstone, Motherwell and maybe Hearts/Hibs/Killie depending on how good/bad a season they have. 

Goodwin has a lot of work to do to build a capable, attacking outfit that can damage an opposition who are quite happy to sit in against us. 

Reasonable summary. Magennis was excellent. Hit the woodwork twice. Forwards yet to get going. Goal ruled out looked OK to me I have to say though. Late sucker punch felled us in the 3rd minute of extra time. Any news on the injury to Mackenzie? 

Edited by St.Ricky

14 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Just watched on alba. 

Mentioned this after the Rangers game. 

Plenty we're happy with a narrow defeat, ignoring the fact Rangers were poor that day and we gifted them the game by sitting in for around 80 minutes.

Since then we've lost to teams that are going to be teams we hoped to be above.

Already starting to have that shit feeling it's going to be like last season. 

Just as well we took our time and signed quality. 🤣

Edited by faraway saint

Now, I like Goodwin and he really is turned on to succeed and I've given him some leeway up to now but there is one prominent question I'd like an answer to and that is: why hasn't our top goal scorer from last season, Danny Mullen, not been given a reasonable time to perform? 

Edited by Desperately Seeking Susans

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Mentioned this after the Rangers game. 

Plenty we're happy with a narrow defeat, ignoring the fact Rangers were poor that day and we gifted them the game by sitting in for around 80 minutes.

Since then we've lost to teams that are going to be teams we hoped to be above.

Already starting to have that shit feeling it's going to be like last season. 

Just as well we took our time and signed quality. 🤣

Are you the man who started the Oran Must go thread? A man of little judgement. 

2 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Been avoiding the footbal all day with a view to watching it as live on Alba.

Tuned in four minutes before start time to find them giving out the f**king result on the preceeding show. Good effort.

I avoided the results all day and have just finished watching that game of blow football.  Fuken gutted but we were getting deeper as that 2nd half went on. I hate missing a game but thank feck I didn't make the journey today. 

Hamilton next week is a must win.

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I was initially optimistic after the transfer activity. 

However, the strikers look rubbish and it already looks like another season of hoping we’re better than one other shite team. 

Don’t see anyone shaping up to be a Dundee though..............other than us. 

But, we've signed quality. 

Partially kidding but the brown nosers must be scrambling around, or hiding.

It's still very early but right now the signs, like you say, are not giving much confidence. 

We are going backwards, Magennis class, McAllister posted missing again, Broadfoot cant jump, too slow and ponderous in our build up, Obika now missed 2/3 tap ins, Morais doesnt know how to play the game here. Fail to beat Hamilton and we will stay bottom/second bottom for the season. Hoping Hearts hang on to Avril till at least January.
Avril will checking the fixture list to see when Hearts play us, for that 3pt boost.