Sign in to follow this  
faraway saint

Ross County v Saints, Sat 14th September

I agreed with his assessment too, we gave their players  too long to swing dangerous crosses in, the full back or midfielder on that side should have been better at stopping these crosses coming in, we really need to work on that. 

Can’t disagree with your point, however. I’m sure the management team also see this. Maybe it’s the way Goodwin sets up the team to play against the so called bigger teams against the so called lesser teams. We defended well against Hibs, Aberdeen and SEVCO but not against Livi and Ross County.
I agree that we have a problem scoring goals. I’ve watched all but yesterday’s league game on TV and I don’t believe the strikers are getting good service. Against the lesser teams I’d have McAllister and Durmus on from the start to give us width and pace and hopefully more of an attacking threat. When you have players like that running from the wings and beating opposition players, it then pulls their players out of position to cover, thus creating more space in the box for strikers. We seem to be happy to pass the ball around from the halfway line to the opponents 18 yard line thus congesting the final third. It’s just my thoughts and probably why I’m not a football manager 🤷🏼‍♂️

Can someone point me in the direction of some statistical analysis that proves this theory that "new strikers need time to bed in"?
While I thank the above posters for the examples, I don't think just saying "Billy Mehmet" or "Ally McCoist" quite meets the criteria of a statistical analysis.
"Strikers take time to bed in" just seems such a glib and pointless phrase.
Lamhammer gave you stats!

Time of the month?